• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orphalesion

So according to Pokejungle the Crown-of-Thorns is Mareanie and is Water/Poison (well, good to have an alternative to Tentadrool and that pufferfish) it evolves into Toxapex

And Crabominal IS Fightin/Ice :D

Well looking at the tables, of the Pokemon I care about only Oranguru is Moon Exclusive, while Alolan Vulpix and Rockruff (midday Form) are sun exclusive.

Considering I was thinking about Sun since the day/night stuff and UB Absorption came up, I might really switch to sun an trade for an Oranguru.

^The game is easier and shorter than HGSS.

Still though, for the highest levelled trainer in the game? And in a game set at least 5 years after HGSS? Pretty sure the continuity, or what was left in it, has just been broken almost completely. Level 70?!

For comparison:
DPPt; Barry (Lv. 85)
HGSS; Red (Lv. 88)
BW; Cynthia/Morimoto (Lv. 77)
BW2; Benga (Lv. 80) [cant remember if he was for experience, though, so otherwise Cynthia/Morimoto (Lv. 78)]
XY; Diantha w/ Black Writ of Challenge (Lv. 80)
ORAS; Wally (Lv. 81)

.________.

Janovy

Banned

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
That champion theme is fantastic.

marumaruko

Ghost Trainer
so far I saw that Turtonator, Alolan Ninetales, Vanilluxe, Braviary and Garchomp lines seem to be Sun exclusive.

edit: Makuhita is available in Moon, too.

Last edited:

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

Grey Wind

So the Kahunas are Fighting, Rock, Dark and Ground? But the Ghost girl and the Flying guy (pelliper man?) replace the latter two when it comes to the Elite 4, apparently.

Nice to see the captains are battle able, although Sophocles having only one battle wth high levels is kind of weird, I wonder if something is missing there. Kukui's team is pretty cool too.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay

Ver-mont

Still though, for the highest levelled trainer in the game? And in a game set at least 5 years after HGSS? Pretty sure the continuity, or what was left in it, has just been broken almost completely. Level 70?!

For comparison:
DPPt; Barry (Lv. 85)
HGSS; Red (Lv. 88)
BW2; Benga (Lv. 80) [cant remember if he was for experience, though, so otherwise Cynthia/Morimoto (Lv. 78)]
ORAS; Wally (Lv. 81)

.________.

Levels have never been part of continuity, I think. They're always fluctuating.

Ghetsis, for instance.

Orphalesion

So compiling the info about all the Pokemon now I have to say even though the dex is very small, I'd have enough candidates for 3 playthroughs without reusing a mon or falling back on previous generations or legendaries, pretty good.

Also just for fun, a list of type combos among non-legendary Pokemon that are either new, were previously unique, or belonged only to Legendaries/Megas:

Fire/Dark (previously unique to Houndoom)
Water/Fairy (previously unique to Marill)
Bug/Electric (previously unique to Voltik)
Fighting/Ice (New Combo!)
Bug/Fairy (New Combo!)
Grass/Fairy (previously unique to Whimsicott)
Fire/Poison (New Combo!)
Normal/Fighting (Previously only available in Megas/Legendaries)
Water/Bug (previously unique to Surskrit and had no fully evolved mon)
Normal/Psychic (previously unique to Girafarig)
Ground/Ghost (previously unique to Golett)
Rock Flying (previously unique to Fossil Pokemon)
Dragon/Fire (Previously only available in Megas/Legendaries)
Electric/Steel (previously unique to Magnemite)
Electric/Flying (previously unique to Emolga and Legendaries/Megas)
Fairy/Ghost (New Combo!)
Normal/Dragon (New Combo!)
Dragon/Fighting (new Combo!)

The Alolan forms (so far) add:

Ice/Fairy (New Combo!)
Ice/Steel (New Combo)
Grass/Dragon (Reviously unique to Megas)
Normal/Dark (New Combo!)
Electric /Psychic (New Combo!)
Ghost/Fire (Previously unique to Litwick)

Last edited:
Levels have never been part of continuity, I think. They're always fluctuating.

Ghetsis, for instance.

Fair point with Ghetsis, forgot about him. Though, perhaps as a counter I'd say that his Levels only decreased by 2...not almost 20!

What makes even less sense, and hence me diving into previous highest levelled trainers, is the fact that Red's levels are substantially lower than other trainers' and not just his previous own.

Janovy

Banned
Frontier Brain Anabel also makes a return! Probably in the tree! Keeps her Snorlax and Alakazam!
Are we sure that's for the Battle Tree?

Because that list of Pokemon trainers doesn't depict Wally or Cynthia..

Xuxuba

For comparison:
DPPt; Barry (Lv. 85)
HGSS; Red (Lv. 88)
ORAS; Wally (Lv. 81)

.________.

it makes no sense for them to make Red weaker than he was 5 years ago but whatever

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
So the Kahunas are Fighting, Rock, Dark and Ground? But the Ghost girl and the Flying guy (pelliper man?) replace the latter two when it comes to the Elite 4, apparently.

Kahili is the Flying E4 member, and that's a she. So the Pelliper dude aint part of the E4.

Status
Not open for further replies.