• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheld999

can we talk about the full game being datamined here or is it still a big no no ?

Dialga101010

Dragon Trainer
can we talk about the full game being datamined here or is it still a big no no ?

Read the title of the thread...or any of the last 30 pages of the thread.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
The only problem with toucannon, aside from its looks, is it is pretty slow, even fearow is faster, but it does have good attack stats, 120 base attack is staraptor level. the move list will determine how good it is.
We know its move list, that's why I was talking about its signature move and how it can potentially bypass its low speed by letting it cripple the opponent or force them to switch out if they don't want to take the burn.

aguilas_hhh

A critical hit!
Drampa is sun or moon exclusive?

Mork

Pokémon Breeder
Are HA available in the game straight away? There are some good HA that I would like to use ...

Also Marshadow is probably not available in the story, isnt it? Its an event pokemon?

kaylavarnell4736

Xtreme Pokefan
Wow,it seems that middle-stage bird evolutions are always so amazing to me! Pidgeotto looks sick,Staravia also looks great(not as amazing as Staraptor,though lol),Tranquil & Fletchinder both looked the best from the evolutionary lines and i'm loving trumbeak! Wonder why gens 2 & 3 had only 1st stage evolution birds,though. :/

badwolf1234

So theory time:

Solgaleo: sun
Lunala: moon
Nihilego: mercury
Pheromosa: venus
Buzzwole: mars
Xurkitree: uranus
Celesteela: saturn
Kartana: earth
Guzzlord: jupiter
Necrozoma: neptune
Marshadow: pluto

A bit stretch but hehehe

sheld999

So theory time:

Solgaleo: sun
Lunala: moon
Nihilego: mercury
Pheromosa: venus
Buzzwole: mars
Xurkitree: uranus
Celesteela: saturn
Kartana: earth
Guzzlord: jupiter
Necrozoma: neptune
Marshadow: pluto

A bit stretch but hehehe

and the almight lord helix who watches over them all haha i had to say it

Happy Hydreigon

Kahuna Mikah
Looking at the mined battle cut ins, I see the ghost girl and a a girl with a pink symbol, I believe the ghost girl is ghost and the painter girl is fairy, or is there info against that?

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
1)Last totem was indeed komo-o but the last captain is a fairy type name mina she doesnt have a trial and just blunt out hand over the fairium z
2)Ghist girl is acelor an elite four as well as a captain since her kahuna decline it.

3)cant link a pic but if you find it on it is all captians and Nanu the kahuna next to hala the dark one the other girl the pink one is mina the ghost girl is acelor

Kahili is a golfer chick not a kahuna nor a captain

Thanks, it clarifies some of the confusion:)

I'm just wondering why the Ground Kahuna is not an E4 since she was the last Kahuna.

Is it clarified why Kahili and not Hapu?

Genos

The Indigo Disk
Looks like I made the right decision to pre-order Sun.

Yay Alolan Vulpix! My whole team are obtainable in Sun!

Last edited:

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
Ugh. I have to say, I am feeling a little disappointed.

I'm really bothered by the fact that Pyukumuku can't attack. I wasn't planning on using one and at least its movepool would perhaps give it a niche in competitive, but as far as single player goes it's practically useless. Why doesn't it have access to some token Water moves or something? I swear even a tank/wall needs something in the way of damage!

And yeah, everything's pretty slow this region too, which is a bit silly and might make it unfair when battling older Pokemon. Again, I'm not competitive, but still...

(Idk if they went too crazy or not with the nerfs, either, since I'm not on the scene)

Things also seem a little too dark for my tastes. I was never really fond of the whole multiverse split in ORAS but at least there it was only implied, so you could just forget about it if you weren't interested. Here it's stated full on that the games are in different universes, that people have been kidnapped and given amnesia from the old games (?!) and that possibly the old universe has gone through an apocalypse? It all feels a bit much; I don't know if there needed to be a universe split in the first place (yeah, some games have been remade, but others haven't, and it's not like the two sets are that different) and the whole thing seems a little confusing and something about it doesn't fit in with Pokemon for me. I don't know what, maybe it just seems too distracting from the actual Pokemon aspect, even if the Ultras were behind it.

Also not fond of the darker Pokedex entries, especially with Megas. Again, wasn't it supposed to be based on friendship, so why is it turning Pokemon into battling machines? It... kinda sucks the fun out of stuff. At least Pokedex entries are easy to ignore...

Sorry for all of the negativity. There are some things I do like. The plot seems pretty good for Pokemon standards from what I've heard (though I'd need to experience things myself to know for sure). I really like Kukui being the Champion. Some of the new Pokemon designs are still very good. I just wanted to get some stuff off my chest, that's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.