• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Anyways BST changes:

Cryogonal: 485->515

Beartic: 485->505*

Crustle: 475->485

Woobat: 313->323

Chimecho: 425->455 ((This matches Jynx's 455))

Solrock & Lunatone: 440->460

Volbeat & Illumise: 400->430 ((This matches Gligar's 430))

Delcatty: 380->400**

Masquerain: 414->454 ((This matches Carnivine 454))

Pelipper & Swellow: 430->440

Mantine: 465->485

Corsola: 380->410

Magcargo: 410->430

Qwilfish: 430->440*****

Ariados: 390->400

Noctowl: 442->452 ((This matches Sliggoo and Purugly's 452))

Exeggutor: 520->530

Electrode: 480->490

Dodrio: 460->470****

Farfetch'd: 352-> 377

Dugtrio: 405-> 425

Arbok: 438-> 448***

*This matches Ursaring's 500.

**This matches Roselia's 400.

***This matches Doublade's 448 and comes close to Sandslash's 450.

****This matches Xatu's 470.

******This matches Seadra's 440.

Note: It seems that none of the Gen IV species get a substantial update, ignoring Lucario's access to Laser Focus and updates on Burmy-line.

Last edited:

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
WAIT MANTINE LEARNS ROOST NOW!!! OMFG!!!

I've wanted this so for long. increase in hp and roost. I am so happy.

Does anyone know how we obtain the pikachu with hats? He's been my favorite mon since red and blue (before I started watching the anime). I know a lot of people don't like him much cuz of the over attention he gets but it's just who I always liked, and squirtle, definitely him too.

Anyways, I'd really appreciate any info on him.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

Daemul

People are busy moaning over the starters and other Gen 7 Pokemon like Vikavolt and I'm here in my corner mourning over Silvally. Those unspeciialised all 95 stats which are weaker than any of the Mythicals without any of their gimmicks and that shallow movepool, no reliable recovery moves, no priority, no speed boosting moves and no Extremespeed ffs, what sort of Arceus clone doesn't know Extremspeed?

Jesus this thing was robbed.

Last edited:

lunis the ogre

Ogre of the gourd
People are busy moaning over the starters and other Gen 7 Pokemon like Vikavolt and I'm here in my corner mourning over Silvally. Those unspeciialised all 95 stats and that shallow movepool, Jesus this thing was robbed.

I'm still mourning over Gengar.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
I love the look of Golisopod, but I think the fact that it keeps Emergency Exit has killed it for me. I know its stats become monstrous upon evolution and essentially needs a Slaking-level nerf to regulate it, but...it just seems annoying. That thing? That monstrous pokemon? THAT needs to flee at 50% health of less?! Come on....

What happens when its the last pokemon in the party; when it reaches 50% or less in a trainer battle, but there's no running away and nobody left to switch out for...does the battle just end? Does it struggle as it refuses to fight but can't switch?
Its not fleeing, its a tactical retreat. ^_^

Anyway, you can't run from a trainer battle so its ability just won't activate.

And I am just impressed how they gave it moves that work so well with its ability. It actually may be as helpful as it is harmful. Hit with priority, and if you get hit hard in return you are able to get switch initiative and can switch in again later to hit hard with priority again. I can't wait to try the monster isopod out.

Does anyone know how we obtain the pikachu with hats? He's been my favorite mon since red and blue (before I started watching the anime). I know a lot of people don't like him much cuz of the over attention he gets but it's just who I always liked, and squirtle, definitely him too.

Anyways, I'd really appreciate any info on him.
Think about it, is there any reason the game would contain info on how to get what appears to be an event pokemon? Basically we don't know.

I know there's always been some violence in Pokemon, that some of them are predatory and stuff. I don't even mind some of the darker entries for some Pokemon like Palossand for example. But it's still supposed to be a lighthearted franchise for kids at heart, so there is certainly such a thing as too much darkness. For own thing, it looks like most of the Alola entries have these dark undertones to them, whereas they'd only be one of the occasional ones in the previous games.
Dark pokedex entries have always been a thing, I'm not sure one can say there are more of them in this gen than before or if it just feels that way. One would have to do a comparison.

I mentioned that my problem was specifically with the Mega Evolution entries, because they generally say that either the Pokemon is in a lot of physical pain when it does so, or it turns into a heartless monster. This is in stark, stark contrast to how it was portrayed initially as a representation of the friendship between the Pokemon and its trainer. I feel like it makes Mega Evolution less appealing as a concept because it seems to involve a lot of suffering all of a sudden, like you are almost a bad person for using it. It may have been hinted at in the anime (and only once, my impression is that all other Megas were fine there?), but this is way overboard.
To be honest this seems overblown, only a few of the Mega Evolution entries are like this, and in some of them its only in one version of the game (i.e. one version says Mega Aerodactyl may be in pain, the other just references how its appearance is speculated to be what Aerodactyl originally looked like).

Furthermore, the more ferocious entries are pretty much all mega evolved from pokemon that already get described as ferocious/deadly/heartless.

GDK

People are busy moaning over the starters and other Gen 7 Pokemon like Vikavolt and I'm here in my corner mourning over Silvally. Those unspeciialised all 95 stats and that shallow movepool, Jesus this thing was robbed.

At least eviolite type:Null will be decent.

Xuxuba

Dont know why people feel disappointed like there is no postgame, I feel there is a lot of postgame. We have the Battle Tree where we will battle Blue and Red and a few other past trainers from other generations. We also have the Ultrabeasts episode and last but not least we can defend our title as champion to important characters in the game. I feel there is more postgame than the last generation for sure.

How is that more than the previous generation though? The Battle Tree is just a Battle Maison without Triple and Rotation battles. The fact it has a couple of characters from past games is not enough to make it stand out, let alone when we know it's just a few and it doesn't even come close to being like the PWT.
Getting to fight ultrabeasts and some other characters to defend our title is cool and all but i doubt those battles are going to be challenging or last much considering that even Red, one of the strongest trainers in the pokémon world, has a team with lvl 60 pokemon and none of them are able to mega evolve or use a z-move.
At least ORAS, despite not having the Battle Frontier, had a bunch of legendaries to catch, the Delta episode, a battle facility that has triple and rotation battles, lots of new trainers, some of them had pokemon with lvl higher than 60, and new places too, like the mirage islands.
I don't see how that was less than what we got in this new generation.

Last edited:
So Cosmog > Cosmeom > cover legendary is a thing? So this is the first time a legendary has an evolution line. It would have been nice if they also gave evolution lines to normal Pokemon who needed them, like Komala but whatever.

Hokutonoken

Wait so is it confirmed in the leaks that the only post game is battle tree, ultra beasts and defending your champion title? There's no hope for going back to kalos or kanto?

2dtyplosion

I think I'd be ok if this oohmori guy wasn't making the next games. A lot of the decisions they made this time are really stupid. The fact that it's looking like the post game might be even shorter than ORAS and X and Y despite an extra year of development is pretty sad. It all comes together my ***.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Wait so is it confirmed in the leaks that the only post game is battle tree, ultra beasts and defending your champion title? There's no hope for going back to kalos or kanto?

Basically yes, this is it.

Hokutonoken

Wow that is pretty disappointing. Been dreaming for a while about the possibilities. I don't know why they were teasing battle frontier construction in ORAS then.

The battle tree better be incredible. I'll never forget that empty feeling at the end of XY.

Paul1985

Ana de Armas fan
Anyone dissapointed in the Oricorios? Not the stats so much as they can't learn the revelation dance until 40 and don't even really get any other moves from there main type. May have to drop pom pom from the team.

I agree, but I'm still going to use Baile Style Oricorio on my Moon team though.

GDK

you all don't see the bigger picture here.

There's a lot of things to do in this game, even in the games, like the pkemon snap thingy, developping your plaza, global mission and stuff.
All you see is just some part of the games.
Also ultra beast episode might be as long as delta episode especially since there are maybe 6 of them to get.
Also we all know the remake/third game (with what pokemon on the cover? We don' thave a third legendary maybe necrozma) will have more things to do like it's always the case for third game/remakes

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3

But do we know how much of a gameplay there is in the post game? I havnet seen any video that showcases that..
I hope this game isn't short, plot-wise.
People tend to forget its been 2 years since wev've gotten a new game, so GF had enough time to make the waiting worth it .

Last edited:

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Really guys, expecting another region was never a realistic expectation. And as for a battle frontier, the developers have made it clear they believe the Japanese at the very least do not have the time for such a feature so I'm doubtful we'll ever see it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.