• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

yefluke

Dizzy Trainer
since there's been no mention of any thing outside the alola dex being available in post game areas, extra stuff in encounter tables, any sort of pokeradar item, no special area in the text dump, etc...I have to assume the pokelego randos have to be the only other way, right?

I at least have to assume SM aren't the first games since...geeze the original RS to not give access to any non-native critters. Even BW2 had the dream world (even if that's down now)

I think there is QR code thing.

Obh

Dunno if this has been talked about, but is the reason we have only seen the starter exclusive tutor moves because there are no other move tutors in the games?

R_N

Dunno if this has been talked about, but is the reason we have only seen the starter exclusive tutor moves because there are no other move tutors in the games?

Pretty much, yeah.
Draco Meteor is there, too. Zygarde gets his own through his item (his 3 signature moves, dragon dance). I assume Dragon Ascent is there somewhere for mega ray.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer

diakyu

Here are a couple of pictures of the quest.
Okay, can someone give me the lowdown on Nanu? I've seen him in a lot of videos but I still don't know who he is?

Also I love how Looker has essentially become GF's favorite character. Hold that L Cynthia, how does it feel no longer being plot relevant?

kaylavarnell4736

Xtreme Pokefan
Do we get eye contacts or anything to change eye color? Not a problem if there isn't. Just thought i'd check. :)

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
So we've apparently gotten nerfs to some of the more broken abilities in Gale Wings and Parental Bond. I also noticed the description of Galvanize is "Normal-type moves become Electric-type moves. The power of those moves is boosted a little.". That last bit intrigues me, as it was notably absent from the descriptions of Aerialate, Refridgerate, and Pixilate in Gen 6. Were the -ate abilities (and Galvanize of course...) nerfed? Maybe a 10% boost instead of a 33%?

Were there any other relevant nerfs? I already know about Gengar, Destiny Bond (which is more of a rebalance than a nerf) and Thunder Wave. Any sign of a Mega Rayquaza rebalance of any kind, or perhaps a change to Desolate Land/Primordial Sea?

Last edited:

hoohlover

Beginning Trainer
So we've apparently gotten nerfs to some of the more broken abilities in Gale Wings and Parental Bond. I also noticed the description of Galvanize is "Normal type moves become Electric-type and are boosted slightly". That last bit intrigues me. Were the -ate abilities (and Galvanize of course...) nerfed? Maybe a 10% boost instead of a 33%?

Were there any other relevant nerfs?I already know about Gengar, Destiny Bond (which is more of a rebalance than a nerf) and Thunder Wave. Any sign of a Mega Rayquaza rebalance of any kind, or perhaps a change to Desolate Land/Primordial Sea?

They only nerf Dark Void so Smeargle can't abuse it. The uber legendaries are not going to be nerfed since they are made to be OP.

LoveMcQueen5683

I just realized this game has the same plot as Lilo & Stitch...

Lonely hawaiian girl with a broken family (Lillie/Lilo) befriends weird, but also cute creature that came from another world (Cosmog/Stitch) while an evil and crazy scientist (Jumba/Lusamine) tries to capture the creature. At the end, the creature saves the lonely hawaiian girl from danger and they live happily ever after.

I hate you

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
They only nerf Dark Void so Smeargle can't abuse it. The uber legendaries are not going to be nerfed since they are made to be OP.

Well, no, they also reduced its accuracy from 80% to 50%, essentially killing Darkrai's major call to fame by making it less accurate than Hypnosis, rendering it useless in Singles.

I mean, Darkrai still has a good movepool, high Speed and Special Attack, and Nasty Plot, so it's still a viable threat, but Dark Void is now completely useless.

pOlarizer

So we've apparently gotten nerfs to some of the more broken abilities in Gale Wings and Parental Bond. I also noticed the description of Galvanize is "Normal-type moves become Electric-type moves. The power of those moves is boosted a little.". That last bit intrigues me, as it was notably absent from the descriptions of Aerialate, Refridgerate, and Pixilate in Gen 6. Were the -ate abilities (and Galvanize of course...) nerfed? Maybe a 10% boost instead of a 33%?

Were there any other relevant nerfs? I already know about Gengar, Destiny Bond (which is more of a rebalance than a nerf) and Thunder Wave. Any sign of a Mega Rayquaza rebalance of any kind, or perhaps a change to Desolate Land/Primordial Sea?

What's the new destiny bond mechanics?

hoohlover

Beginning Trainer
Well, no, they also reduced its accuracy from 80% to 50%, essentially killing Darkrai's major call to fame by making it less accurate than Hypnosis, rendering it useless in Singles.

I mean, Darkrai still has a good movepool, high Speed and Special Attack, and Nasty Plot, so it's still a viable threat, but Dark Void is now completely useless.

I'm aware of the accuracy change, and yes, dropping it to 50% is a bit harsh, but GF play around with these a lot, so hopefully they'll pull it back up after a gen or 2.

What's the new destiny bond mechanics?
Destiny Bond has a chance to fail if use repeatedly, just like Protect and Detect.

pOlarizer

I'm aware of the accuracy change, and yes, dropping it to 50% is a bit harsh, but GF play around with these a lot, so hopefully they'll pull it back up after a gen or 2.

Destiny Bond has a chance to fail if use repeatedly, just like Protect and Detect.

Oh man, and they didn't give it priority

Okay, can someone give me the lowdown on Nanu? I've seen him in a lot of videos but I still don't know who he is?

Also I love how Looker has essentially become GF's favorite character. Hold that L Cynthia, how does it feel no longer being plot relevant?

Aside from being a Kahuna, Nanu(then known as 000) was on a three man team with Looker(Looker was at the time known as 100kr) and another girl to track down and eradicate an early UB. Due to Looker being too kind he messed up and the girl died. The girl was shown to be a Faller though(a person emerging from a wormhole or otherwise has been in contact with one, and someone UBs are attracted to so they can possibly find a way home) and was actually put on the team as bait. Now Looker is on a three man team again, with two Fallers(you and Anabel) and Anabel is starting to take a toll and is at risk, but all seems to have gone well after you have dealt with the "final" "UB" Guzzlord, and Nanu and Anabel are going to have a chat.

Not sure what will happen afterwards when Necrozma appears though. Also not really sure about his role in the main story before the post-game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.