• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
Necrozma is pretty cool. I was curious why it had a different ability and higher stats than the rest.

Also, is that ALL the moves the pokemon can learn? Or once we get PokeBank available will they get more moves via breeding?

LunalaLover

Also, is that ALL the moves the pokemon can learn? Or once we get PokeBank available will they get more moves via breeding?

When even is pokebank available again? I hear November and January so I'm not sure

Bus

Necrozma is pretty cool. I was curious why it had a different ability and higher stats than the rest.

Once we can get pokemon over, the breeding movepool may expand a bit. Personally, Im hoping Luxray gets access to some new moves to branch it out a bit more. I don't think its been in a game since it was introduced in Gen 4 (aside from extremely limited capacities like Friend Safari or something). I ended up getting one on GTS so I immediately sent it to the Bank to prevent myself from losing it lol.

GDK

Nothing will get expanded, it's all in the data even for pokemon not available in the regional dex yet.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

This is from the datamine itself, so yes.

This not too new either, if you check XY's egg moves, you will see a similar result.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

Gohankuten

When even is pokebank available again? I hear November and January so I'm not sure

It's January 7th or something like that when pokebank will be allowed for SM. It's been said countless times that it won't be til January that the update to pokebank comes in to allow connection with SM.

Infernape55

Some Sketchy Guy
All in all, Necrozma sounds pretty interesting. Like an Ultra Beast that was stuck on Earth for so long that sort-of "adapted" to our universe, making it kind of like a bridge between Pokemon and UBs. I mean, that's at least how it sounds so far from these bits of info.

Aside from calling black holes to mind, its design reminds me of those obelisks from 2001: A Space Odyssey, keeping the space theme strong on a few levels.

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
As far as the Pokémon franchise is concerned, I would still consider them "legendary Pokémon" though. The population of legendaries throughout the series have been so varied that the only contingency seems to be that they are relatively powerful Pokémon that generally appear towards the end of the dex. They are somewhat "unique" and mat or may not play an important role in the story. We've had legendaries that are weak, legendaries that can breed, gendered legendaries, artificial legendaries, "mythical" Pokémon that are basically legendaries that can't be obtained in game, and now we have legendaries that can evolve. I consider ultra beasts as just another variety of legendary.

In short, legendary is a pretty big umbrella term lol

I'm really not quite sure whether they'd qualify as "legendary" based on previous precedent, though. There's debate over particular species like Phione being counted as Legendary or Mythical, but aside from it, none of them have stats as low as the Ultra Beasts (with the minimum being 580 BST, compared to the typical 570 BST for UBs). That's a common thread that the UBs don't quite share; additionally, they're "Pokémon" from another dimension, which suggests that they could lie outside of the standard classification system entirely. On the flip side, of course, their stats are very nearly that of typical Legendaries, their in-game number is limited to one per species, and they carry plot significance, so it could be that they're simply a new, slightly lower class of Legendary.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
I am sure this has already been said but I can't seem to find it. When is Type Null available for capture and is it breedable?

Gladion hands you one after a post-game battle.

You can't breed it.

kahu

Not sure if this has already been asked.

How do the Zygarde cells and cores work and what's the bonus for getting all of them?

hoohlover

Beginning Trainer
Not sure if this has already been asked.

How do the Zygarde cells and cores work and what's the bonus for getting all of them?

Looking at the game text. It goes like this. Depend on how much you have collected, you can bring the Cube to a facility to assemble or disassemble 10% or 50% Zygarde. It's a one way ticket if you choose to assemble a Power Construct 10% or 50% because you can't diassemble them. The Cores allow you to teach moves to Zygarde, Thousand Arrows and Waves and Core Enforcer.

Status
Not open for further replies.