• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to see this.

Nihilego : 1 , UB-01
Pheromosa: 4, Moon exclusive, UB-02 Beauty
Buzzwole: 2, Sun exclusive, UB-02 Absorption**
Xurxitree: 1, UB-03 Lightning
Kartana: 2, Sun Exclusive, UB-04 Blade
Celesteela: 2, Moon exclusive, UB-04 Blaster
Guzzlord: 1, UB-05 Glutton

Solgaleo/Lunala evolves from Cosmog. You capture its fully evolved form and get its pre-evo later after Lunala/Solgaleo cries at moon/sun, hence their fancy titles.

Black dude is a Legendary. There is only 1.

Marshadow and Magearna are event only. Marshadow is not released yet.

**Text confirms 2. So the number count is asymmetric.

I believe it's actually
Nihilego - 1
Buzzwole - 2(Sun)
Pheromosa - 4(Moon)
Xurkitree - 2
Kartana - 4(Sun)
Celesteela - 2(Moon)
Guzzlord - 1
Going by this
UB-01. Code name: “Symbiont.” Yes, I can tell you about Nihilego! Nihilego is a terrifying, parasitic beast that can use humans or Pokémon as hosts. The sightings report a single specimen. Sightings were made in two locations. The Wela Volcano Park...and Diglett’s Tunnel! It seems highly likely that the creature is on the move around Akala Island.[VAR 0114(001F)]
UB-02. Code name: “Absorption.” Yes, I can tell you about it! It appears to be quite a dangerous UB that can boast of some fantastic musculature! Sightings were made in Melemele Meadow. And the sightings report two specimens. So the goal of this mission will be to find and protect two individuals, if you can![VAR 0114(001F)]
UB-02. Code name: “Beauty.” Yes, I can tell you about it! It appears to be a very dangerous and beautiful UB that can move with great speed! Sightings were made in Verdant Cavern. And the sightings report four specimens. So the goal of this mission will be to find and protect four individuals, if you can![VAR 0114(001F)]
UB-03. Code name: “Lighting.” Yes, I can tell you about it! It appears to be an Ultra Beast that can wield tremendous electric power—as its name implies! Sightings were made in two locations. Lush Jungle and Memorial Hill! It seems highly likely that the creatures are on the move around Akala Island. The sightings indicate two specimens. So the goal of this mission will be to find and protect two individuals, if you can![VAR 0114(001F)]
UB-04. Code name: “Blade.” Yes, I can tell you about it! It seems to be a horrifying beast that can cut through absolutely anything! Sightings were made in two locations. Route 17 and Malie Garden! It seems highly likely that the creatures are on the move around Ula’ula Island. The sightings indicate four specimens. So the goal of this mission will be to find and protect four individuals, if you can![VAR 0114(001F)]
UB-04. Code name: “Blaster.” Yes, I can tell you about it! It seems to possess a fearsome energy that will burn through anything at all! Sightings were made in two locations. Haina Desert and Malie Garden! It seems highly likely that the creatures are on the move around Ula’ula Island. The sightings indicate two specimens. So the goal of this mission will be to find and protect two individuals, if you can![VAR 0114(001F)]
UB-05. Code name: “Glutton.” Yes, yes, I can tell you about it. It possesses a fearsome appetite that allows it to be devouring mountains! The sightings report a single specimen. Nanu should be leading it deep into the heart of Resolution Cave. But Resolution Cave—it is really so far away. You have to go farther and farther from the Ancient Poni Path—even past Poni Meadow. That’s where Resolution Cave is. It must be tough to reach there, but you should do your best, I implore.[VAR 0114(001F)]

Last edited:

Happy Hydreigon

Kahuna Mikah
So maybe since Morimoto gives you the Oval Charm then the Shiny Charm could be from Alola Dex completion?

GDK

It was cool if Cosmog had day/night evolution. We could have the other legend in our version too. But I know it won't happen.
By the way, I think Moon has better UBs. Absorbtion is too slow and too poor sp. defensive to survive a psychic or an air slash, and Blade is just a mixed Ferrothorn so I don't see it really viable.

I'm in love with Blade's stats, I want to get one and wreck shop with it (don't forget beast boost) I hope it doesn't end up in uber I want to use that beast.

Some people see celesteela in uber but I don't get why.
PHeromosa looks awesome too though.

Stone Dragon

Are the drinks to raise the Pokémon's stats a daily thing like in the join avenue BW2 or can you use them as much as you like? Since there are no hordes, the EV training would suck, if it's daily.

Alpacawhisperer

Pokemon master
Looking at the moves some Pokémon learn, it feels like there are a lot of shallow move pools. It doesn't feel like they learn as many moves as previous gens (mostly looking at incineroar - he doesn't seem to learn many moves).

Autobot N

I need to see this.

Nihilego : 1 , UB-01
Pheromosa: 4, Moon exclusive, UB-02 Beauty**
Buzzwole: 2, Sun exclusive, UB-02 Absorption**
Xurxitree: 1, UB-03 Lightning
Kartana: 4, Sun Exclusive, UB-04 Blade**
Celesteela: 2, Moon exclusive, UB-04 Blaster**
Guzzlord: 1, UB-05 Glutton

Solgaleo/Lunala evolves from Cosmog. You capture its fully evolved form and get its pre-evo later after Lunala/Solgaleo cries at moon/sun, hence their fancy titles.

Black dude is a Legendary. There is only 1.

Marshadow and Magearna are event only. Marshadow is not released yet.

**Text confirms 2. So the number count is asymmetric.

Edit: Endless fixed this.
Can the second Cosmog be evolved into a second Solgaleo or Lunala?

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Can the second Cosmog be evolved into a second Solgaleo or Lunala?

Well, yes, since you don't evolve Lunala/Solgaleo, Lillie does.

So you have to evolve yours to get Cosmoem.

Are the drinks to raise the Pokémon's stats a daily thing like in the join avenue BW2 or can you use them as much as you like? Since there are no hordes, the EV training would suck, if it's daily.
It is daily, so don't bother with it.

john90

I'm in love with Blade's stats, I want to get one and wreck shop with it (don't forget beast boost) I hope it doesn't end up in uber I want to use that beast.

Some people see celesteela in uber but I don't get why.
PHeromosa looks awesome too though.

I don't think it will be in uber, it is not that good against special oriented pokemon due to its incredibly bad hp/sp.def and normal speed.
Celesteela has great bulk, amazing type, good attack. It's basically a stronger but slower skarmory offensivly. Defensifly Skarmory is good only defensive but Celesteela is good both def and sp def due to its hp and sp. def being more then 30 base more then skarmory.

Sabre_King

Looking at the main site's description on the pokebank addition, it may seem possible that shiny charm could be delivered through it. Obviously that isn't stated but we know pokebank can give us gifts at times so maybe if pokebank registers at having all pokemon registered then maybe shiny charm would be delivered. That's just my theory on how we may get the shiny charm.

Stone Dragon

Well, yes, since you don't evolve Lunala/Solgaleo, Lillie does.

So you have to evolve yours to get Cosmoem.

It is daily, so don't bother with it.

I lost faith in GameFreak. After awesome Gen 6 mechanics they completely take the wrong direction here. Thanks anyway.

Boss1991

Pokémon Master
Are Move Tutors in SM? I mean the special HGSS/BW2/ORAS ones...

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

john90

Looking at the moves some Pokémon learn, it feels like there are a lot of shallow move pools. It doesn't feel like they learn as many moves as previous gens (mostly looking at incineroar - he doesn't seem to learn many moves).

Probably they kept some moves for next games. Something like oras move tutors, cause all of the starters lack of something:
Decidueye will learn shadow sneak, because sucker punch on it is not that great (not great base attack, not stab, nerfed to 70bp).
Incineroar will get sucker punch.
Primarina will get its recovery move and calm mind.

R_N

What is so "obvious" about them?

find the common point
dp - hyper beams, draco meteor
pthgss - a bunch of move tutors
bw1 - hyper beams, draco meteor, pledges
bw2 - a bunch of move tutors
xy - hyper beams, draco meteor, pledges
oras - bunch of move tutors

sm - hyper beams, draco meteor, pledges

Graficcha

Team Magma Scientist
So EV training took a massive step back with no proper alternative to do it quickly? To cleanly EV train a pokemon after going through the game with it you'd somehow have to try and get the reset drink and then go hunt 'mons and supplement with one drink a day?

Or did we just completely overlook where super training is stashed /:

Boss1991

Pokémon Master
find the common point
dp - hyper beams, draco meteor
pthgss - a bunch of move tutors
bw1 - hyper beams, draco meteor, pledges
bw2 - a bunch of move tutors
xy - hyper beams, draco meteor, pledges
oras - bunch of move tutors

sm - hyper beams, draco meteor, pledges

I am very aware of that. But SM are breakin so many patterns that I thought they would have special Move Tutors since it is the Anniversary. Why not have Move Tutors for the Anniversary?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.