• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
^Okay then, the only opposite version Pokémon you can obtain is Lycanroc in the last Island then.

Edit: Portal thing apparently does help with time evolutions.

Edit: Trapinch is also apparently an overworld encounter species in Moon. I don't know about Goomy in Sun though.

Last edited:

Rio!

Composer
wait hi going back to this

rotom isn't available at all.
This is it. This is the most drop dead most baffling thing in the game.

Saying this is weird is an understatement, lol.
Unless Rotom being in there would somehow break/confuse the game since it functions as the Dex simultaneously. Would be funny if in-battle it was simply an alternate forme Rotom.

Seven of Arcanine

RK9 Unit Trainer
Wait, what? What's the point of having the alt-version postgame then? Just to have both Lycanrocs without trading?

Seriously, what is its purpose then?

Erron Black

The Outlaw
So this gen introduced these new type combos:
[spoil]
Normal/Dragon
Dark/Normal
Bug/Fairy
Ice/Steel
Ice/Fairy
Rock/Electric
Rock/Poison
Ghost/Fighting
Fighting/Ice
Poison/Fire
Ghost/Fairy
Dragon/Fighting
Electric/Psychic
[/spoil]

Now all we have left to get is:

[spoil]
Bug/Dark
Bug/Dragon (Seriously how have we not gotten this one?)
Bug/Ice
Bug/Normal
Bug/Psychic
Dark/Electric
Dark/Fairy
Electric/Fighting
Electric/Poison
Fairy/Fighting
Fairy/Fire
Fairy/Ground
Fairy/Poison
Fighting/Ground
Fire/Grass
Fire/Ice
Ghost/Normal
Ghost/Rock
Ice/Normal
Ice/Poison
Normal/Poison
Normal/Rock
Normal/Steel
Poison/Psychic
Poison/Steel
[/spoil]

I feel like some of these could've been covered with the Pokemon we got tbh, but I'm very satisfied with the ones we got.

yumenokage

faerie dragon ghost
sort of disappointed, though not surprised, that toxapex wasn't poison/fairy. water/poison seems okay too, though.

R_N

wish the ultra beasts had gotten more crazy like Nihilego's somewhat inexplicable Rock/Poison.

but, on the other hand, the type combos they did go with were unique. only one bug/fighting, one dark/dragon (well 3, but 1 line), one (2) grass/steel, one steel/flying

and then you have xirkotree, who is pure electric and disappointed everyone.

I can't get over how clever Xurkitree's name is. It's pronounced as "circuitry" and it essentially is a tree of wires. Even though plain Electric is sort of bland when compared to other UB's, it's still my fave of the bunch.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
So apparently regular forms of Alola Form Pokemon can only be obtained exclusively through transfer. Even breeding won't help.

https://twitter.com/KazoWAR/status/797343460277755904

Breeding 2 Rattatas still produce Alola Rattata eggs. WELP

Looks like I'm stuck at getting their shinies in Gen 6... That's really frustrating, and it makes the non-Alolan forms unusable in VGC.

sort of disappointed, though not surprised, that toxapex wasn't poison/fairy. water/poison seems okay too, though.

Poison/Fairy? I expected Poison/Steel with the whole 'bunker/fortress' vibe.

wish the ultra beasts had gotten more crazy like Nihilego's somewhat inexplicable Rock/Poison.

but, on the other hand, the type combos they did go with were unique. only one bug/fighting, one dark/dragon (well 3, but 1 line), one (2) grass/steel, one steel/flying

and then you have xirkotree, who is pure electric and disappointed everyone.

I think Guzzlord, Buzzwole, Celesteela, and Kartana got some pretty fitting types and I wouldn't change em'. Pheromosa I think could've been Bug/Electric though with the emphasis on being 'Lightning fast', and Xurkitree could've been Electric/Dark.

But I agree, I wish they were very odd like Nihilego. Never expected Rock/Poison. I expected some kind of Water combination, Rock/Poison is very unique and strange, I wonder why they chose that typing.

Last edited:

Shadowclaw191

Wait. Im sure it was referred to before but wasnt stated on the first page. Either that or im blind as hell.

Can you use a Z move and a mega in the same battle? Like have a mega scizor and have a vikavolt use savage spin out? Pretty sure you couldnt right? Or was it just one of each.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
Wait. Im sure it was referred to before but wasnt stated on the first page. Either that or im blind as hell.

Can you use a Z move and a mega in the same battle? Like have a mega scizor and have a vikavolt use savage spin out? Pretty sure you couldnt right? Or was it just one of each.

Haven't played the game, but I think it's possible. Just not for the same Pokémon.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
One minute of silence for the national dex, super training, horde battles, triple battles and rotation battles.

May they rest in peace.

I'll take opportunity and bury all my hype and interest in this game.

Everything I like - from Talonflame's ability, passing through small things like National dex, new mega evos and to my beloved Triple Battle format - is uncerminously removed.

And for what? For stupid dancing and fancy moves that will only help once.

Garbage generation. It barely started and I already wish it reaches the end as soon as possible.

Ajduk

This one is for those who have already played the game (because you can do it on homebrew) or know others who have already played it.
How exactly to the bottle caps work and how rare are they?
You can answer via PM if that is what you prefer.

Creyk

Do we know now what those blank templates are for, scatttered all over the Alola region? Does something happen at these locations?

Also, how hard is it to catch a Wimpod? I read that they flee if you get their HP down, so you just have to keep throwing balls at them. I suppose the one way to boost your chance at catching one is to just put it to sleep and then keep throwing balls at it. Is this accurate, or is there a better way of going about it? (If I don't want to use a quick ball)

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Not being able to breed for non-Alolan Pokemon is so stupid. Why can't we get normal form Pokemon through breeding? I don't like any Alolan forms more than the originals so this is a horrendous change for me.

Do we know now what those blank templates are for, scatttered all over the Alola region? Does something happen at these locations?

Also, how hard is it to catch a Wimpod? I read that they flee if you get their HP down, so you just have to keep throwing balls at them. I suppose the one way to boost your chance at catching one is to just put it to sleep and then keep throwing balls at it. Is this accurate, or is there a better way of going about it? (If I don't want to use a quick ball)

You could try using Entrainment or Skill Swap to change its ability or Gastro Acid to disable it entirely. That's what I'll probably do.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Does anyone figure out the meaning of every name for the kahunas and the captains along with kahili?

Ilima: Ilima is apparently the name for a Hawaiian flower.
Hala: Hala is apparently Hawaiian for a type of tree in Hawaii.
Lana: Lana is from the Hawaiian word for water lily.
Mallow: Mallow is from a family of plants that includes cotton.
Kiawe: From Kiawe, which is a wood that's been used as firewood for a long time.
Sophocles: From the name of a species of flowering plant and well... Sophocles.
Mina: I'd have to guess it comes from Mina lobata, also called 'Exotic love vine'.
Acerola: Acerola Cherry Tree for sure is where her name comes from.
Nanu: From the plant Gardenia brighamii, which is known as Nanu in Hawaii.
Kahili: From Kahili ginger and Kahili golf course in Hawaii.
Hapu: From the Hapu'u fern.
Olivia: From Alyxia oliviformis, another flowering plant.

So general consensus, the names are plant-related.

Status
Not open for further replies.