• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Galisopd's ability blocks switches from Volt Switch and U Turn when it activates, a nifty little thing.

Uh ? I thought Emergency Exit only made Galisopod (and its potential partners) switch out when its HP was below half. Does it really prevent U-turn and Volt-Switch from happening when it gets below half HP as well ?

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
They don't really raise IV, they just give you a boost in stats equivalent to raisin your IV to 31 BUT the IV value will be the original one, so Hidden power won't change and when breeding you won't tranfer 31 IV but the original value.
So, in other words, they just made competitive harder because now you'll probably need both actual IVs and the Hyper Training IVs?

... Who thought that was a good idea?

Because this is undefendable. If all Vulpix born in Alola, regardless of its parent are ice-type, then you cannot have a transfered fire-type vulpix in alola. Either Alola transforms all vulpixes to ice, or their type is determined by their parents, and that's not the case. It's just retarded man. You cannot defend it. Well, you can, but I will call you the same adjective as I called the mechanic.
If you're so up in arms about this not making any sense, then I don't know how you've managed to be fan of the series for this long.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
But EV training is not a chore, for all we know it stil can be easy. Hordes are gone but Ev training in the PC <hile you do something else is awesome.

Wasn't actually aware this was a thing. If the EVs are gained relatively quickly then this would be very helpful as I can EV my current Pokemon while I breed for the next one.

Because this is undefendable. If all Vulpix born in Alola, regardless of its parent are ice-type, then you cannot have a transfered fire-type vulpix in alola. Either Alola transforms all vulpixes to ice, or their type is determined by their parents, and that's not the case. It's just retarded man. You cannot defend it. Well, you can, but I will call you the same adjective as I called the mechanic.

I was confused at this too. I thought breeding regular Pokemon, or at least a female, would result in a regular form Pokemon. The fact that I now have to transfer a non-Alolan form every time I want to try a different set on one, is ridiculous. I was certain we'd be able to get them through breeding similar to HAs and forms of other Pokemon. Clearly not.

Last edited:

Everlasting

Everything stays.
So, in other words, they just made competitive harder because now you'll probably need both actual IVs and the Hyper Training IVs?

I don't think Pokémon with maximum IVs will be eligible for the Hyper Training boost, if that is what I am gathering from your concern. As such, there will be no use in Hyper Training with Pokémon who already have a flawless IV spread.
But that's just what I think. We'd need confirmation.

GDK

Nah perfect IVs can't be boosted, it's just make pokemon with not perfect IV have the same stats as the ones with perfect IV.

In other word you don't have 31 IV but have the same stats as a mon with 31 IV (and that don't take you EV slots either) it's weird, but now you can have HP fire with max stats.

I don't know if Pokémon with maximum IVs will be eligible for the Hyper Training boost, if that is what I am gathering from your concern. I don't think so, but it requires some confirmation.
It is confirmed, pokemon with 31 IV cannot be boosted further (in the stats with 31 IVs)

willprogresivo

Creepy Uncle

If you're so up in arms about this not making any sense, then I don't know how you've managed to be fan of the series for this long.

Because I'm a fan of the things that make sense. I still hate every single thing that doesn't. But what I hate the most is that I'm not allowed to hate any aspect of a franchise, otherwise I cannot be called a fan.

Last edited by a moderator:

thiagomestres

LMAO are people really defending the removal of all these features? Look, I love pokemon, its my all time favourite IP. But I can't defend the removal of all these key features.

We have no national dex, a lackluster postgame that has 0 new areas to explore, no new megas even though gf hyped them as the next big thing, a lot of new pokemon with awful stats and move pools, a terrible battle facility which overhyped cameos but only has a couple of them and some of them are just underwhelming, no triple battles, no rotation battles, no horde battles and no super training which means EV training will be slow and boring once again, almost as many new pokemon as XY and a lagged af gameplay, especially on the o3ds.

The story is cool, but it really doesn't justifies this.

Last edited:

future.newyorker

LMAO are people really defending the removal of all these features? Look, I love pokemon, its my all time favourite IP. But I can't defend the removal of all these key features.

We have no national dex, a lackluster postgame that has 0 new areas to explore, no new megas even though gf hyped them as the next big thing, a lot of new pokemon with awful stats and move pools, a terrible battle facility which overhyped cameos but only has a couple of them and some of them are just underwhelming, no triple battles, no rotation battles, no horde battles and no super training which means EV training will be slow and boring once again, almost as many new pokemon as XY and a lagged af gameplay, especially on the o3ds.

There is no actual proof of lagged gameplay on the O3DS, in fact, the only thing that has been said to actually lag is the animation for Z-moves, and even that hasn't been completely proven because all that is able to be played right now is a RoM, not the physical copy of the game itself.

clbgolden12

I don't think Pokémon with maximum IVs will be eligible for the Hyper Training boost, if that is what I am gathering from your concern. As such, there will be no use in Hyper Training with Pokémon who already have a flawless IV spread.
But that's just what I think. We'd need confirmation.
Nah perfect IVs can't be boosted, it's just make pokemon with not perfect IV have the same stats as the ones with perfect IV.

In other word you don't have 31 IV but have the same stats as a mon with 31 IV (and that don't take you EV slots either) it's weird, but now you can have HP fire with max stats.

It is confirmed, pokemon with 31 IV cannot be boosted further (in the stats with 31 IVs)
Ohhhh, ok.

Because I'm a fan of the things that make sense. I still hate every single thing that doesn't. But what I hate the most is that I'm not allowed to hate any aspect of a franchise, otherwise I cannot be called a fan.
Dude, you're missing my point. I'm not saying you're not allowed to hate any aspect of the franchise, but practically nothing makes sense in the Pokémon world. We incapsulate dogs or even gods in tiny balls, twelve year olds take down criminal organizations, and Professors entrust kids with fire breathing lizards. Practically all of the stuff I mentioned is pretty core stuff in the franchise.

What I'm saying is, if you're such a hater of things that don't make sense, how are you ok with Pokémon as series even though nearly nothing makes sense in their world?

What the F is wrong with you?
Ow, the edge.

GDK

once again, EV training won't be slow at all with the PC feature and the Ilse level up.
And if you thought Ev training was fast with super traininjg you have to be kidding me, hordes were where it was at, not a super slow minigame (yeah killing pokemon individually took less time than a regimen).

Everlasting

Everything stays.

Oh! Well that's cool! I don't know how big the difference in stats is between a 30 IV or a 31 (as most players who use Hidden Power Fire, for example, have a 30 in Special Attack) but I suppose that is a slight advantage for Hidden Power users.
I think this is a really cool addition. Makes it relatively easy for shiny hunters to have their Pokémon be usable online. All you need a is a good nature and a little work in Hyper Training and your imperfect shiny can hit the field.

future.newyorker

I honestly envy all of the people on these forums who don't come to this thread now. This thread has been full of negativity for days, all other threads are full of actual discussion and excitement for these games.

Stone Dragon

I would be okay with the poor postgame if the mechanics were good, but both seems poor. And arent they going to release a Sun/Moon 2ds bundle? This is like a big middlefinger for those buying it because of the laggy gameplay. Is it lagging in battles only or also in the overworld?

clbgolden12

I wouldn't really consider Triple or Rotation battles key features.

But yeah, I agree with pretty much everything else. I'm still confused as heck as to why they removed the National Dex, it NEEDS to return in an update.

thiagomestres

There is no actual proof of lagged gameplay on the O3DS, in fact, the only thing that has been said to actually lag is the animation for Z-moves, and even that hasn't been completely proven because all that is able to be played right now is a RoM, not the physical copy of the game itself.

we know the rom version is the real one and people already posted here how much it lags on the 3ds.

Even if these game weren't slow, which is not true btw, what about everything else? How do you justify not having a national dex, a good postgame, a reasonable way to train our pokemon's evs and everything else?

I honestly envy all of the people on these forums who don't come to this thread now. This thread has been full of negativity for days, all other threads are full of actual discussion and excitement for these games.
for gods sake, you know you can just get out of this thread if you don't like our honest opinions, right?

Last edited:

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3

So if I download it from E-shop it should still be laggy? ( The original game, not the hacked rom)

willprogresivo

Creepy Uncle
Dude, you're missing my point. I'm not saying you're not allowed to hate any aspect of the franchise, but practically nothing makes sense in the Pokémon world. We incapsulate dogs or even gods in tiny balls, twelve year olds take down criminal organizations, and Professors entrust kids with fire breathing lizards. Practically all of the stuff I mentioned is pretty core stuff in the franchise.

Ow, the edge.

1) Do you really not understand that "make sense" in this context means "make sense within the internal logic of the games"? Of course nothing makes sense because it's fiction, not real world. But withing these games, Alolan forms have been expained as variations in the species IN ALOLA. Not "alola energy turns all vulpixes into ice", because you can have fire-type vulpixed traded in. Yet two fire-type vulpixes breed an ice-type vulpix.

2) It's not 2016 in the internet if someone doesn't say "edge".

Last edited by a moderator:

Phillies

It's as good as dead with not adding any new ones.
They could have at least added some new ones for non-Gen 1 Pokemon so the other Gens could get some love and not just Kanto Pokemon

I think they are going to save future megas for the remakes. That could be why Gens 1 - 3 have so many Megas since those games had their remakes already. Saving Megas for Gens 4 - 7 for the remakes is a good marketing ploy for them as it will give people a reason to have to buy the future games.

clbgolden12

we know the rom version is the real one and people already posted here how much it lags on the 3ds.

Even if these game weren't slow, which is not true btw, what about everything else? How do you justify not having a national dex, a good postgame, a reasonable way to train our pokemon's evs and everything else?
Poké Pelago and Festival Plaza... I think the ally thing could help as well.

thiagomestres

So if I download it from E-shop it should still be laggy? ( The original game, not the hacked rom)

No, it's pretty much the same thing.

once again, EV training won't be slow at all with the PC feature and the Ilse level up.
And if you thought Ev training was fast with super traininjg you have to be kidding me, hordes were where it was at, not a super slow minigame (yeah killing pokemon individually took less time than a regimen).
I guess you don't know how the Isle feature and the other features that raise evs work:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/187276-pokemon-sun/74555261

It's slow af.

The super training wasn't faster than horde battles, but they were still fast, fun, allowed us to check our evs and you could use it pretty much anywhere and whenever you wanted, even in the start of the game. If you didn't like them, then you could just use horde battles, but we are not getting horde battles in these games either.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.