• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stone Dragon

How bad is the performance on old 3ds? Anyone knows?

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
That's literally what postgame is. It's something you access after the main quest is over.

Pokémon main quest was never a long one, you can literally finish it within a day. So yeah, the postgame is quite relevant.
Except you can finish post game things that you seem to want (exploring new areas) in much less time than that. So as another user said it seems an arbitrary distinction to see the game as being better if it has a few small, pretty normal places that you only get to after the main game.

Really I've only ever seen pokemon games as one main game, just with certain features only available after you beat parts of it. After that there is never much to do beyond what pokemon has always been about, catching, raising and battling pokemon.

1. How is that so? XY had 3 legendaries to catch in the postgame and SM's postgame has like 4 or 5 ubs if i'm not mistaken, it's not really that big of a d ifference.
Tapus are also postgame are they not? That's another 3 legends right there.

3. lol i never seen anyone complain about the sundial sidequest, it made you explore kalos and explored a bit of Sycamore's research, which the main story didn't explore much.
It made you go back mostly to places you had already been and under a strict time limit. If I'm going to explore I would rather it be at my own pace.

GDK

The sundial quest wouldn't have been bad if you could look for mega stone outside of an hour timeframe when everyone is supposed to eat and not play their 3DS.

I guess zygarde's quest is the same as that without the time limit and that's cool .

Also shiny charm seems to be otainable by filling regional dex.

Thepowaofhax

The sundial quest wouldn't have been bad if you could look for mega stone outside of an hour timeframe when everyone is supposed to eat and not play their 3DS.

I guess zygarde's quest is the same as that without the time limit and that's cool .

Thats it? I guess my shiny hunting in Sun and Moon is going to be early, especially since Morimoto now gives us the Oval Charm.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer

Ugh, seriously?

I dearly hope they aren't removing the National Dex. It was something I was planning on doing this game...

GDK

Thats it? I guess my shiny hunting in Sun and Moon is going to be early, especially since Morimoto now gives us the Oval Charm.

That's what I heard at least, I don't know if it's confirmed yet, but that makes sense since as you said the oval charm is given to you by morimoto.

thiagomestres

why are these people who haven't even informed themselves on the new features nor played the games themselves are trying to argue with me about things that i know it's confirmed and i know how it's works?

"if my circle of friends never complained about it, no one ever has"

For starters, each UB tends to have multiple ones to catch, meaning that if you can reset for IVs, you can easy get multiple sets for competitive. For example, UB 2: Beauty has four specimens for you to capture in Moon, and for the sidequest, it would take a lot longer to catch 4 UB2s, 1 UB1, 2 UB3s, etc etc. Don't believe me? Backtrack on this thread. People have posted storyline dialogue corroborating with my claims.

Secondly, when an ally is called, it has a higher chance of better IVs, HA and have a higher shiny chance according to dataminers. Arguably it's not that much different other than the infinite hordes that will make it more challenging to actually catch something.

lol i'm not just talking about my friends, almost no one in any media or outside of the internet was complaining about this feature, all they talked about was how amazing the graphics were and how customization was amazing. Go to see the reviews on XY and see how many people complained about that feature.

Also, i know about the ally feature and i literally mentioned that is taking the place of the friend safari as it is a way to get pokémon with good ivs. But please tell me, how is it more convenient and fun to wait and hope for a wild pokémon to summon another pokemon with good ivs is better than just running into one that you know it will have at least a few good ivs?

Last edited:

clbgolden12

lol i'm not just talking about my friends, almost no one in any media or outside of the internet was complaining about this feature, all they talked about was how amazing the graphics were and how customization was amazing. Go to see the reviews on XY and see how many people complained about that feature.
... Outside the internet? You do realize that that's probably the majority, right?

Also, i know about the ally feature and i literally mentioned that is taking the place of the friend safari as it is way to get pokémon with good ivs. But please tell me, how is it more convenient and fun to wait and hope for a wild pokémon to summon another pokemon with good ivs is better than just running into one that you know it will have at least a few good ivs?
Some new orb item causes Pokémon to summon allies, so you won't need to wait and hope.

Bus

That's literally what postgame is. It's something you access after the main quest is over.

Pokémon main quest was never a long one, you can literally finish it within a day. So yeah, the postgame is quite relevant. You might do some sidequests meanwhile, but none of those sidequests will add much to the gameplay. A lot of them are just rehashes of previous features such as the Join Avenue.

1. How is that so? XY had 3 legendaries to catch in the postgame and SM's postgame has like 4 or 5 ubs if i'm not mistaken, it's not really that big of a d ifference.
2. The Friend Safari also had better chances of getting shiny mons and mons with better ivs. It was far more convenient than SM's allies feature and it also was a incentive for people to meet other pokemon fans and exchange FC, it made each person feel special by having their own safari.
3. lol i never seen anyone complain about the sundial sidequest, it made you explore kalos and you find out more about Sycamore's research, which the main story didn't explore much.

Whether you disliked them or not, it still more than what SM did.

I complained about it; it was incredibly stupid! You could only search during a specific hour of the day? Screw that! Just let me fight some strong trainer and give me the mega stone as a reward. I know others did as well; it was needlesly tedious and came with a stupid time restriction.

Thepowaofhax

Also, i know about the ally feature and i literally mentioned that is taking the place of the friend safari as it is way to get pokémon with good ivs. But please tell me, how is it more convenient and fun to wait and hope for a wild pokémon to summon another pokemon with good ivs is better than just running into one that you know it will have at least a few good ivs?
"if no video game review website complains about it, everyone's opinion is invalidated and thus my opinion is superior, plus those people in real life who never complained about it are still my friends"

I'm sorry, but just because a review website doesn't talk about it does not make it either great or terrible. And just because it has two great things does not correct a wrong. That would be a fallacy. Journalists are as much of an authority on reviewing a game as the players themselves.

Also, while yes, it might take a bit longer than the Safari Zone, you can at the very least influence a Pokemon to summon allies with Adrenaline Orbs, so it's not as big of a problem as you are making it out to be. Besides, there's no reason to actually care about the IVs once the bank comes out due to the influx of 6IV Dittos, not that they would be genned anyways.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
I heard that when you go to the opposite world of the game you're playing you can also collect the remaining Zygarde Cells and Cores. Is that true? If yes, how do you collect them? By navigating each island of the opposite world?

ebevan91

I complained about it; it was incredibly stupid! You could only search during a specific hour of the day? Screw that! Just let me fight some strong trainer and give me the mega stone as a reward. I know others did as well; it was needlesly tedious and came with a stupid time restriction.

Making you fight a strong trainer that used that mega would've been a good idea. Give them 4-5 Pokemon and their ace would be the mega.

Sabre_King

So while I was catching up I read a post that discussed getting a pokemon egg at the nursery and I was curious if anyone knew which pokemon hatched from the egg?

Also I think S/M sounds to have a good post game I mean when you think about it. We do have the UB which incorporates Looker and Anabel so this could be similar to the Looker side quest in X/Y but with more to do. The Battle Tree feels better than the Battle Maison with the additions of legend characters, but it does seem odd to remove the triple and rotation battles (yet I believe it may seem harder to achieve with upgrading the over world and battle). I also like how we get to defend our title unlike in past games when we simply rebattle the champion in the end, its nice twist.

Huckleberry

Poison Trainer
why are these people who haven't even informed themselves on the new features nor played the games themselves are trying to argue with me about things that i know it's confirmed and i know how it's works?

Also, i know about the ally feature and i literally mentioned that is taking the place of the friend safari as it is a way to get pokémon with good ivs. But please tell me, how is it more convenient and fun to wait and hope for a wild pokémon to summon another pokemon with good ivs is better than just running into one that you know it will have at least a few good ivs?

If you're only talking about official reviewers not complaining about it, that's not really a great argument. That wasn't a quest. You simply talk to Sycamore and it unlocks the ability to find mega stones. In my opinion, those stones should have been available to find during the game anyways. Why restrict which megas people could use on their first playthrough? Did you want to use a Mega Pinsir in your playthrough? Too bad for you!

Also, using an item to get a pokemon to summon an ally doesn't sound any more time consuming than wandering in circles in a friend safari, hoping that the one pokemon you're looking for out of the three available shows up and has the ability you need THEN trying to find one with decent IVs or a shiny.

thiagomestres

lol fine, i give up

if you want to ignore SM's serious flaws like the lack of postgame, national dex and pokemon with good speed, go ahead.

I bet once the excitment over something new wears off you all will be complaining like you're doing with XY and ORAS..

Orphalesion

Whether you disliked them or not, it still more than what SM did.

Not really? To me it rather seems like you are building up tiny bits of nothing into features and "subquests". Also your phrasing is almost marketing levels, with your "such as". Please tell me what other legendaris "such as" the bird, Mewtwo and Zygarde were there to be encountered in post game X/Y?
What other new places "such as" Kiloude and the Terminus Cave were there to explore (and don't say the Unkown Dungeon, because one small room doesn't offer any "exploring")

Also you first advertise 3 legends in post-game as a feature of X/Y and then you turn around and say that the UBs and the Tapus in S/Ms postgame are not.

Now that would have been a subquest that would have been worth to mention.

clbgolden12

lol fine, i give up

if you want to ignore SM's serious flaws like the lack of postgame, national dex and pokemon with good speed, go ahead.

I bet once the excitment over something new wears off you all will be complaining like you're doing with XY and ORAS..
You are aware that those "flaws" you mentioned may not be as big as flaws to other people, right?

Huckleberry

Poison Trainer
lol fine, i give up

Actually, I'm really excited to see how the meta will change, now that they are pulling back from the focus on speed and priority. Worlds should have some interesting teams!

And no one is complaining about XY any more than they usually do, we just don't see how you can compare a very minimal post game to a game you haven't even played yet and claim that SM will be worse. Sounds to me like it has a much more involved plot and a number of interesting side features and I'll give up item hunting post game for better plots any day.

Thepowaofhax

lol fine, i give up

Let's look at these "serious" flaws.
1). The postgame is on par with Kalos, so it's not as lacking as you are making it out. You are overreacting.
2). The national dex wasn't really needed to begin with. Sure, there is no pokedex entries, but it's not like it will prevent you from getting any Pokemon from previous gens or mons outside of the Alolan dex. Someone got a Chikorita from the QR scanning, for example.
3). Speed is not the only stat, nor is it a big flaw. Besides, if it's that much of a problem, it's not like you can obtain Pokemon from other gens lying around like Abra in Melemele, but I digress.

Status
Not open for further replies.