• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowF

I believe postgame we have a lot for pokemon Sun and Moon.
We have:
. UB sidequest
. Battle Tree
. Defending your title of Pokemon League Champion
. Rematches
. Battle Royale
.Changing the Universe to Moon Universe and vice versa

We have a lot and plus we get rematches on a daily basis with a lot of people you normally don't get in past games Like rivals (Gladion,Hau) Professor, Team Skull(Guzma,Plumeria), Kahunas, Elite Four, Past Characters(Red,Blue and other characters). In the end I believe these are the best games of the series because they have a really good mainstory and postgame plus it fills my headcanon that it tells us what happens with some characters and what they decide to do with their lives postgame. Like Hau looking for his father, Lillie going to Kanto, Gladion becoming President of Aether Foundation and the Protagonist not only becoming the Champion but being a active Champion as well!

Happy Hydreigon

Kahuna Mikah
I read a post further up and I'm wondering, they said there is a Friend Safari equivalent in Sun and Moon, in what way?

Orphalesion

In fact, i made a thread asking people what they thought about SM's flaws. Over 350 people participated on the pool and it seems like the vast majority agrees with me according to what they posted :)

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/187276-pokemon-sun/74552199

Dude (or Dudette, no offense, Idk), I'm with you on the National Pokedex front, and yeah S/M doesn't seem to have much Post game. However the problem with your argument was that you tried to explain why a pile of poop smelled bad by trying to make it seem like another pile of poop smelled like roses, when they really smell equally bad.

Huckleberry

Poison Trainer
In fact, i made a thread asking people what they thought about SM's flaws. Over 350 people participated on the pool and it seems like the vast majority agrees with me according to what they posted :)

Good for you. In a poll where the only options are what don't you like the most, everyone answered something they don't like. This is not evidence. Or rather, this is biased evidence.

thiagomestres

Dude (or Dudette, no offense, Idk), I'm with you on the National Pokedex front, and yeah S/M doesn't seem to have much Post game. However the problem with your argument was that you tried to explain why a pile of poop smelled bad by trying to make it seem like another pile of poop smelled like roses, when they really smell equally bad.

lol i literally said XY's postgame didn't set high standards and that SM being just a little better (or maybe not even a little bit since there is 0 new areas to explore) isn't a big achievement.

Thepowaofhax

In fact, i made a thread asking people what they thought about SM's flaws. 350 people participated in the pool and it seems like the vast majority agrees with me according to what they posted :)

Of which, most of these are a bunch of people circlejerking with very little though-out posts at all. They don't even call them serious flaws, except for the mention of the removal of the national dex. Of course a majority of circlejerkers would agree with you. Even the poll attracts a giant circlejerk.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
I will admit that one thing I don't like the sound of is how slow EV training is. I never even tried doing it until it was made simple in XY, and yes I actually did mostly use Super Training despite how tedious it could be.

I like that you can do it without actually being present, but the number of EVs gained per hour just seems incredibly small if what I've read is accurate. Assuming you can set things up to fully EV train a pokemon in a given stat then I wouldn't mind the wait as much, but there is still the complication of if you want a non-maxed number of EVs in a given stat.

Course a large number of pokemon I'll eventually be using will probably get EV trained in ORAS before getting transferred over. ^_^

I read a post further up and I'm wondering, they said there is a Friend Safari equivalent in Sun and Moon, in what way?
Adrenaline orbs, which can be used for any normal wild pokemon encounters. They make pokemon summon allies, these allies have a increased chance of high IVs, being shinies, and having hidden abilities. They can continue to summon allies as well, creating a chain until you get what you want. Or at least that is how I have seen it described.

Last edited:

GDK

I will admit that one thing I don't like the sound of is how slow EV training is. I never even tried doing it until it was made simple in XY, and yes I actually did mostly use Super Training despite how tedious it could be.

I like that you can do it without actually being present, but the number of EVs gained per hour just seems incredibly small if what I've read is accurate. Assuming you can set things up to fully EV train a pokemon in a given stat then I wouldn't mind the wait as much, but there is still the complication of if you want a non-maxed number of EVs in a given stat.

Course a large number of pokemon I'll eventually be using will probably get EV trained in ORAS before getting transferred over. ^_^

It might seems slow, but doing it in your sleep seems ok.
Especially since you can do a lot of pokemon at the same time.
But I agree they could have made it faster.
Apparently it's affected by powere items.

thiagomestres

Of which, most of these are a bunch of people circlejerking with very little though-out posts at all. They don't even call them serious flaws, except for the mention of the removal of the national dex. Of course a majority of circlejerkers would agree with you. Even the poll attracts a giant circlejerk.

God why are you being so rude just cuz i don't think this game is perfect?

Most of the people posting there are just expressing their opinion, every option got around the same amount of votes and i only put options that i heard someone else saying, not just me. They could just aswell post that they weren't flaws, but the vast majority didn't.

So if you're going to use "my opinion is more popular than yours, therefore it's the right one", at least check your facts straight before saying nobody agrees with me.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
What is the issue again with a lack of a national dex when its been confirmed that we are getting it later?

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
lol i literally said XY's postgame didn't set high standards and that SM being just a little better (or maybe not even a little bit since there is 0 new areas to explore) isn't a big achievement.
???

Wasn't this whole argument about how you think XY's post game was better than Sun and Moon's?

Cuz it's not part of the game and you have to pay Pokémon Bank'subscrition fee in order to get it which is only going to comeback in 2017.
Source?

Not to mention first year of Bank is free.

Thepowaofhax

God why are you being so rude just cuz i don't think this game is perfect?

Most of the people posting there are just expressing their opinion, every option got around the same amount of votes and i only put options that i heard someone else saying, not just me. They could just aswell post that they weren't flaws, but the vast majority didn't.

So if you're going to use "my opinion is more popular than yours, therefore it's the right one", at least check your facts straight before saying nobody agrees with me.
Actually, I think the game is far from perfect, but fine, pin the blame on me being a rabid fanboy and not the actual fact that I've always been a dick.

And again, your entire thread is not scientific, nor did you bother reading my post. I said that those people are agreeing with you because they are a bunch of circlejerkers who gravitate towards those topics, not that my opinion is popular so it must be right. That, again is just another fallacy. So how about you use actual basic reading comprehension before you reply again, because your circlejerking on that thread has drilled into your skull that anyone with a differing opinion is absolutely wrong.

Last edited:

thiagomestres

Actually, I think the game is far from perfect, but fine, pin the blame on me being a rabid fanboy and not the actual fact that I've always been a dick.

And again, your entire thread is not scientific, nor did you bother reading my post. I said that those people are agreeing with you because they are a bunch of circlejerkers who gravitate towards those topics, not that my opinion is popular so it must be right. That, again is just another fallacy. So how about you use actual basic reading comprehension before you reply again, seeing as you seem to be losing it because your circlejerking on that thread has drilled into your skull that anyone with a differing opinion is absolutely wrong.

And yet you keep making personal attacks to people who think those things are flaws :/

If you want to discredit their opinions based on an assumption of yours, then i might aswell discredit your opinion too.

Thepowaofhax

And yet you keep making personal attacks to people who think those things are flaws :/

If you want to discredit their opinions based on an assumption of yours, then i might aswell discredit your opinion too.
None of this is a personal attack. I'm just saying that those people who agree with you on GameFaqs are in one huge circlejerk, and because they all have similar opinions, that it is getting to your head that anything else differing from their opinion or yours must be wrong and that you are misrepresenting my argument.

And no, it isn't not an "assumption", a large majority of these posts are very simple one sentence posts that do nothing to debate, nor to actually discuss these flaws except for a select few. The rest are, yet again, circlejerking.

Last edited:

thiagomestres

None of this is a personal attack. I'm just saying that those people who agree with you on GameFaqs are in one huge circlejerk, and because they all have similar opinions, that it is getting to your head that anything else differing from their opinion or yours must be wrong.

oh yeah cuz calling everyone who disagrees a circlejerk isn't a personal attack....

i wasn't even the one who was using that argument, it was the person that posted:
You are aware that those "flaws" you mentioned may not be as big as flaws to other people, right?
all i did was say: "are you sure every other people don't agree with me?"
I know what he posted is a fallacy, i just said even if that were true, even if the popular opinion was the right one, you still can't say for sure everyone doesn't agree with me.

Source?

Not to mention first year of Bank is free.

I don't have a source, because the pokémon bank having the national dex is just a rumour.

I'm just saying that if that's true, the national dex still wouldn't be part of the game and you'd eventually have to pay the Bank's fee.

The point is that not having a national dex is a flaw.

Last edited:

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
The game isnt perfect, I get it. But its a new Pokemon game after all. We haven't gotten a new game for 2 years so try to enjoy it

future.newyorker

oh yeah cuz calling everyone who disagrees a circlejerk isn't a personal attack....

i wasn't even the one who was using that argument, it was the person that posted:

all i did was say: "are you sure every other people don't agree with me?"
I know what he posted is a fallacy, i just said even if that were true, even if the popular opinion was the right one, you still can't say for sure everyone doesn't agree with me.

I don't have a source, because the pokémon bank having the national dex is just a rumour.

I'm just saying that if that's true, the national dex still wouldn't be part of the game and you'd eventually have to pay the Bank's fee.

The point is that not having a national dex is a flaw.

It's already been announced by GF that bank is having the national dex. It's even on the sun and moon website. Maybe you should fact check your posts first.

Status
Not open for further replies.