• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happy Hydreigon

Kahuna Mikah
Can someone explain how exactly Hyper Training works, and is there a Super Training equivalent for IVs?

GDK

The pokebank is only going to comeback in 2017, by that time most people would already have finished the game without the dex, besides most of us don't even have the 1 free year anymore.

Why would they put the National Dex in the Pokébank if they are going to add in the game itself?

This is just a way to make us pay for the Pokébank.

Well As it was said, to fill the national dex, you have to pay for the bank anyways (or hack but that's illegal) so no matter what the national dex will be put behind a pay wall.
But I wonder, will the lack of national dex be a problem for the GTS?

Thepowaofhax

Well As it was said, to fill the national dex, you have to pay for the bank anyways (or hack but that's illegal) so no matter what the national dex will be put behind a pay wall.
But I wonder, will the lack of national dex be a problem for the GTS?
I don't think it will be given we have the search feature available like in Gen 6.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
I know I will get Greninja'd on this thread.

Here is how I understand Hyper Training. This is not only for people asking about it, but for others, including myself.
From what I have read so far, both on this thread and elsewhere, the bottle caps raise a Pokémon's stats up to as if the IV's were 31. They do not actually make the IV's 31.
The silver caps raise one stat while the gold caps raise all stats. Of course the Pokémon must be level 100 for this to work.

Here is an example. Let's say you have a level 100 Gyarados with a spread of 31/x/31/31/31/31. Yes, you got that bad luck in breeding for it to miss its Attack stat.
You could supposedly use either type of bottle cap, but the silver one would be enough for it to have stats as if it had flawless IV's. Its spread would be unchanged though, so for breeding and hidden power, it would still be 31/x/31/31/31/31. Gold bottle caps could be used I think, but it would not be better than a silver in this case.

Now if you had a Gyarados with a spread of like 15/14/13/15/16/20, a gold would be preferable for better stats. It would supposedly, as I understand it, raise the stats of the level 100 Gyarados to something that would seem as it had flawless IV's. But again, for breeding/HP, nothing would change.

I hope this helps, it sure helped me figure it out. And again, Greninja'ing incoming.

EDIT: Wow, I was Greninja'd, but I was the first to answer that guy's question. Ok then.
And if I am incorrect somewhere in this post, please feel free to let me know.

theswweet

swweet is awesomme!
why are these people who haven't even informed themselves on the new features nor played the games themselves are trying to argue with me about things that i know it's confirmed and i know how it's works?

Don't go making assumptions, thank you.

thiagomestres

If Bank has the National Dex and we have to pay extra for something that SHOULD BE in the dang game, that's it, I'm done with the franchise. Let's hope we can get it for free because not everyone uses the Bank and that would be a jerkish move to force us use it.
That wasn't even an option for me until now.

But after seeing how many people refuse to admit those things are indeed flaws, i really doubt Game Freak is going to change their stance, so i might aswell give up now too.

Thepowaofhax

But after seeing how many people refuse to admit those things are indeed flaws, i really doubt Game Freak is going to change their stance, so i might aswell give up now too.
It is a bit of a flaw, I can't lie, I just hope this doesn't make it harder to get these Pokemon to begin with.

Orphalesion

So on another topic, I'm trying to avoid the story spoilers, but is it correct that UBs are NOT legendaries and are NOT unique? That actually makes them quite a bit more interesting to me, though if its the case it's also a bit of a bummer than none of them evolves.

Thepowaofhax

So on another topic, I'm trying to avoid the story spoilers, but is it correct that UBs are NOT legendaries and are NOT unique? That actually makes them quite a bit more interesting to me, though if its the case it's also a bit of a bummer than none of them evolves.

They're not legendaries for the most part, and most UBs have at least one other UB of its kind running around, except for Nihelego. That one is forever alone.

future.newyorker

They are not considered legendaries in their own world, and no, they are not unique, you can catch multiples of UB-02 and UB-04, maybe the others too, I don't remember.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
But why should a downloaded game (The original one, not the leaked rom) be laggy, rather than an un digital one?

Some are unique and some have a higher but finite amount you can catch. Non of them can breed so you can't get as many as you wish.
If they are legendary or not honestly depends on what you consider the criteria.

theswweet

swweet is awesomme!

Between Phione, the whole Cosmog->Solgaleo/Lunala situation, and now the UBs I honestly think we're going to have to rethink the distinctions for "legendaries".

future.newyorker

Between Phione, the whole Cosmog->Solgaleo/Lunala situation, and now the UBs I honestly think we're going to have to rethink the distinctions for "legendaries".

I think that "Legendary" should really be defined as, "those Pokémon spoken of in legends." Mythical Pokémon are completely different to that.

Orphalesion

Thanks for the answers everyone :) Really excited for the UBs now.

That is true! *nod nod* But I have to say I'm a big fan of the Cosmog -> Cover Legendary thing :D I speculated about evolving legendaries months and months ago and am pretty exited that they now, apparently, exist in some form. Them always being standalones was one of the things that caused me to lose interest in them when I was still a kid.

I think that "Legendary" should really be defined as, "those Pokémon spoken of in legends." Mythical Pokémon are completely different to that.

Do you mean from a gameplay point of view? Because legend and myth are words that are pretty much synonymous with each other.

Maybe we get another group to round it all off; folktale pokemon (j/k here, don't take that suggestion seriously)

Last edited:

theswweet

swweet is awesomme!
Also, don't be so quick to assume that UBs can't be legendaries... There's a story reason why.

GDK

It IS a flaw but will it ruin the game? No
The game has flaws, but you keep blowing them out of proportion by comparing it to the last game.

Status
Not open for further replies.