• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thepowaofhax

And that is why certain patterns SHOULD NEVER be broken... What did I say about Solgaleo/Lunala? Look at this f***ing mess now. We 're not even sure if we can call them Legendary now. Bravo, GF, bravo, another shot in the foot. First, the Legends, then the National Dex (possibly), what else has remained they can ruin for more $$$?
Oh no, a legendary that can evolve! Experience ruined, GF are corporate monsters that enslave people with Pokemon and are the Illuminati. #DrainTheGameFreak

/s

sketchersmeargle

And that is why certain patterns SHOULD NEVER be broken... What did I say about Solgaleo/Lunala? Look at this f***ing mess now. We 're not even sure if we can call them Legendary now. Bravo, GF, bravo, another shot in the foot. First, the Legends, then the National Dex (possibly), what else has remained they can ruin for more $$$?

they're trying something new

and hell its not really like they evolve, its still a form change that people call with different names. like a caterpillar, to a cocoon, to a butterfly. Most likely they're just mortal legendaries that revert or create a new cosmog that replaces them after a certain phase of the sun and moon.

GDK

It's not because they evolve that they're not legendary.
Also we were talking intially about the UBs being legendaries or not.

That legendary are unique BS needs to stop, or else how do you explain you can make a team of 6?

theswweet

swweet is awesomme!
they're trying something new

and hell its not really like they evolve, its still a form change that people call with different names. like a caterpillar, to a cocoon, to a butterfly. Most likely they're just mortal legendaries that revert or create a new cosmog that replaces them after a certain phase of the sun and moon.

They really evolve. You can catch a Cosmog in the post-game, and you can explicitly evolve it.

Orphalesion

Panic! Anarchy! The Seventh Trumped is blown! Fire and hail mixed with blood are falling to the earth! The pillars of Western civilization (such as good dental hygiene) are crumbling to dust! Why GF? Why?

Don't worry nobody was serious when they said Ditto or Nidoqueen were legendaries. As you can see on Bulbapedia they were always experimenting with what a legendary Pokemon is and what not. It's no big deal.

GDK

Cosmog and cosmoem are unuasable though, they learn like 2 moves and none of them are offensive.

Thepowaofhax

Cosmog and cosmoem are unuasable though, they learn like 2 moves and none of them are offensive.

There's always the dreaded EXP share.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
Panic! Anarchy! The Seventh Trumped is blown! Fire and hail mixed with blood are falling to the earth! The pillars of Western civilization (such as good dental hygiene) are crumbling to dust! Why GF? Why?

Don't worry nobody was serious when they said Ditto or Nidoqueen were legendaries. As you can see on Bulbapedia they were always experimenting with what a legendary Pokemon is and what not. It's no big deal.

I just do not agree with the idea of Legendaries having pre-evos. They're more special this way, for me. And UBs should be on their own category for now, until GF properly classifies them as Legends or not.

And no one has answered me this, but when you go to the opposite world of the one you're playing, do you get the rest of the Zygarde Cells this way? If yes, do you have to explore the opposite world to get them?

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Honestly, it makes sense for legendary to come from smaller creatures and evolve. I like this symbolic of achieving greatness rather than being born with it.

Hypothesis: There only exist a select few of Cosmog (love their title of 'Children of the stars' by the way!) and only a small portion (if not only one or two) of them fully achieve their legendary stage of Solgaleo and Lunaala for a reason that is unknown at least to me (coud have something to do with purity of heart, for example).
I haven't spoiled myself to the storyline so this is just a guess. Can't wait to learn the lore behind these incredible Pokémon.

kaylavarnell4736

Xtreme Pokefan
At the nursery (the new daycare),you receive an egg but does anyone know what it hatches into?

Thepowaofhax

At the nursery (the new daycare),you receive an egg but does anyone know what it hatches into?
We don't know, but could you stop posting the same question every few pages please?

Considering that we have a legendary that evolves, a legendary that breeds, and before gen 3 it was unheard of to have a legendary with genders, I definitely think that Ultra Beasts should be considered Legends. Do you disagree?

From what I understand Ultra Beasts to be, no, I do not think they are legendary Pokémon, per se. If anything they're more alien (which in my opinion offers a bunch of ties and more to potential Gen IV remakes) than legendary, and it's the context of what they are and how they function in the Pokémon universe which would make them so. A bunch of Pokémon in the Pokémon world are revered by people without being legendary, and the context that they could just be the Weedle of another world is both scary and intriguing.

Because, either way, these Pokémon - as I understand - were also created by the story of creation introduced in Sinnoh. The fact alone that Necrozma seems to be connected to them but is still defined as a Pokémon and has been underground for thousands of years...makes me wonder if perhaps we're starting to see the beginning of Pokémon in the actual sense.

DarkW

Full of Win

Given the recent events in the world, including Brexit and Trump, I'd be inclined to say the changes to the legendaries is the only positive change yet.

Orphalesion

I just do not agree with the idea of Legendaries having pre-evos.

And I don't agree with the idea that the Greyjoys (outside of Theon) are interesting characters that warrant their own POV chapters, doesn't stop GRRM from writing them...

Same with evolving Legendaries, they are definitely a thing now.

Last edited:

future.newyorker

I just do not agree with the idea of Legendaries having pre-evos. They're more special this way, for me. And UBs should be on their own category for now, until GF properly classifies them as Legends or not.

And no one has answered me this, but when you go to the opposite world of the one you're playing, do you get the rest of the Zygarde Cells this way? If yes, do you have to explore the opposite world to get them?

I would assume that's how you get the other 50, in which case, people can stop complaint about there being no post game, because that alone trumps all of XY's post game.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Also the legendaries, guardians, and ultra beasts are all shiny locked.

What is the point of them doing this besides irritating the hell out of Shiny hunters?

future.newyorker

Honestly, it makes sense for legendary to come from smaller creatures and evolve. I like this symbolic of achieving greatness rather than being born with it.

Hypothesis: There only exist a select few of Cosmog (love their title of 'Children of the stars' by the way!) and only a small portion (if not only one or two) of them fully achieve their legendary stage of Solgaleo and Lunaala for a reason that is unknown at least to me (coud have something to do with purity of heart, for example).
I haven't spoiled myself to the storyline so this is just a guess. Can't wait to learn the lore behind these incredible Pokémon.

It could be that in order to reach Solgaleo and Lunala status, they must find a human partner to help them achieve it.

Also the legendaries, guardians, and ultra beasts are all shiny locked.

What is the point of them doing this besides irritating the hell out of Shiny hunters?

For the same reason the legendaries of XY were shiny locked. To release through an even later.

Status
Not open for further replies.