• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDK

Also the legendaries, guardians, and ultra beasts are all shiny locked.

What is the point of them doing this besides irritating the hell out of Shiny hunters?

Making us dream by incliding the shiny form in the game, but taking it away from us by shiny locking.
I'm disappointed too, but I hope they'll get shiny unlocked in another game.

For the same reason the legendaries of XY were shiny locked. To release through an even later.
That's a lot of events lol.

Last edited:

Erron Black

The Outlaw
For the same reason the legendaries of XY were shiny locked. To release through an even later.

Except Zygarde and the mythicals didn't receive said treatment. Neither did Reshiram and Zekrom in BW/BW2 if I remember correctly.

Except Zygarde and the mythicals didn't receive said treatment. Neither did Reshiram and Zekrom in BW/BW2 if I remember correctly.

True, but Reshiram and Zekrom had their shiny locks lifted in ORAS.

So, the shiny locks placed on the Alolan legendaries and Ultra Beasts could be lifted in future installments, but that won't be for another few years.

GillianPuzzle

Physical Trainer
Easy. Solgaleo and Lunala are both Legendary and Ultra Beasts, so they are kinda unique Legendary Pokemon to have pre-evos as well as come from completely different world/dimension/universe known as Ultra Space. If I remember, they had appeared in Alola through Ultra Wormholes in the past, so that's how they got their 'Legendary' stature.

I assume that UB-1 to UB-5 are not even legendary Pokemon or as powerful as Solgaleo and Lunala in their world, since the story made it look like that only Solgaleo, Lunala and its pre-evos can create Ultra Wormhole to travel between Alola and Ultra Space. So that made 'Ultra Beasts' a simple different group of regular Pokemon but from different world. A powerful group that can't evolve, can't breed, have unique abilities and of course, giving out weird feeling just look at their odd designs.

And, uh, I guess in post-game you can get new Cosmog when go to a certain location. Neither Solgaleo and Lunala can breed in normal way, so I was wondering if you can only get Cosmog ONCE (Lilla's Cosmog don't count) in-game.

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
Again, reactions like being "done with the franchise" are REALLY premature.

Play the games, finish them, form complete conclusions, and then decide how you feel.

We might know that one major feature is missing and many different minor features are gone, but we also have a lot of encouraging information about the overall experience of these games. This thread is FULL of information about new Pokemon with good designs, unique typing, interesting stat distributions; cameos that nobody expected in the Battle Tree and as opponents in the plot; exploration of the post-game UB quest; and potentially a really good story with appropriate pacing.

future.newyorker

Again, reactions like being "done with the franchise" are REALLY premature.

Play the games, finish them, form complete conclusions, and then decide how you feel.

We might know that one major feature is missing and many different minor features are gone, but we also have a lot of encouraging information about the overall experience of these games. This thread is FULL of information about new Pokemon with good designs, unique typing, interesting stat distributions; cameos that nobody expected in the Battle Tree and as opponents in the plot; exploration of the post-game UB quest; and potentially a really good story with appropriate pacing.

Please don't bring this up again, we've already gotten past it and no one wants to revisit it.

BCVM22

Making us dream by incliding the shiny form in the game, but taking it away from us by shiny locking.

Including the shiny forms in the game is a coding necessity, and we'd never see them if not for the hacking efforts. They're not really "making us dream" anything or taking anything away from us.

GDK

Including the shiny forms in the game is a coding necessity, and we'd never see them if not for the hacking efforts. They're not really "making us dream" anything or taking anything away from us.

I know I was joking.

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
I really love the UB designs. They capture the same kind of alien-but-still-Pokemon style that I felt Deoxys and Jirachi represented well in Gen 3. That's pretty cool to me because I entered the franchise in Gen 2, so Gen 3 was my first fully-immersed experience; this is kind of a parallel for me because I fell in love with the series again in Gen 6 after not really liking Gen 5, so this is like my second wind as a fan.

I think that Kartana, Pheremosa, and Celesteela are becoming my favorites. Kartana and Celesteela are so abstract and different but still have a Pokemon element; Kartana and Pheremosa's stats are really appealing because I love to use glass cannons; and Celesteela looks to have immense potential competitively and in the Battle Tree.

Please don't bring this up again, we've already gotten past it and no one wants to revisit it.

._.

future.newyorker

I really love the UB designs. They capture the same kind of alien-but-still-Pokemon style that I felt Deoxys and Jirachi represented well in Gen 3. That's pretty cool to me because I entered the franchise in Gen 2, so Gen 3 was my first fully-immersed experience; this is kind of a parallel for me because I fell in love with the series again in Gen 6 after not really liking Gen 5, so this is like my second wind as a fan.

I think that Kartana, Pheremosa, and Celesteela are becoming my favorites. Kartana and Celesteela are so abstract and different but still have a Pokemon element; Kartana and Pheremosa's stats are really appealing because I love to use glass cannons; and Celesteela looks to have immense potential competitively and in the Battle Tree.

._.

I never really thought of Jirachi as an alien Pokémon. That was always Deoxys' thing.

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
The anime's 20th anniversary next year, perhaps?

It would be good timing, since that would hypothetically be in April. Not too late into the games' lifetime.

I never really thought of Jirachi as an alien Pokémon. That was always Deoxys' thing.

Well true, it's more of like a meteor thing than any sort of alien life form, but I just think the parallels are kinda cool. Space things and alternate dimension things.

Grey Wind

I found them really off putting when the Pokedex pictures first leaked tbh, but yeah, the alien feel to them is interesting and some of them have really grown on me. Kartana is easily my favourite, love the typing and the paper plane basis. Both UB-02s have awesome typings and are probably the most Pokemon like of them all, and Guzzlord is also kind of adorable when you see it in refresh. The only one I'm not particularly fond of is Celesteela.

On the subject of definitions, I don't think we have to define them as anything more than Ultra Beasts. They're obviously quite similar to legendaries, but I don't think they quite fit the label.

Last edited:

Celesteela looks like the most balanced to me, but that will hopefully prove to be useful in competitive play. I like the fact that Kartana not only has high Attack and Speed stats, but Defense as well. Of course, that won't necessarily do it many favors, seeing as it has a glaring 4x weakness to Fire-types, and most Fire-type attacks are specially-based.

While I like Pheromosa's offensive stats, I just can't get behind it's defensive stats. They're close to Deoxys-levels of abysmal. Then again, I've recently become a fan of bulky powerhouses, such as Goodra and Volcanion.

future.newyorker

Ok, I actually have a couple question this time:

1. Is Alolan Rattata only found at night? For some reason I think I remember it being said that Yungoose is day exclusive while Alolan Rattata is Night exclusive (not game exclusive).

2. It was posted a while back, but I didn't save it, so does anyone have the options for hairstyle for guys and girls?

Ok, I actually have a couple question this time:

1. Is Alolan Rattata only found at night? For some reason I think I remember it being said that Yungoose is day exclusive while Alolan Rattata is Night exclusive (not game exclusive).

2. It was posted a while back, but I didn't save it, so does anyone have the options for hairstyle for guys and girls?

As for your first question, yes. I just read the location data this morning, and Alolan Rattata is found only at night, while Yungoos is only found in the daytime.

Then again, I only read the first part of the location data, so...

Status
Not open for further replies.