• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I saw this on the internet. I want a confirmation if it is true or not.

list of locations in the alola region that you can't explore:

- water pools in island 2
- golf course in island 2
- volcano in island 2. instead you teleport between entrances and exists
- lighthouse in island 2
- huge mountain in island 3. a random bus takes you up and down
- the japanese style tower in island 3
- the power plant in island 3

Dang :(. That's disappointing. I was looking forward to the volcano and the mountain. Kind of makes the game seem bigger. Without it just seems so... linear.

R_N

I mean, it clearly has nothing to do with emphasizing natural Speed stats, considering how slow all the new monsters are.

gen 7 will be the first game with a huge post release update and it will be entirely to nerf everyone's speed into the ground while making sure every priority move is half power

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Dang :(. That's disappointing. I was looking forward to the volcano and the mountain. Kind of makes the game seem bigger. Without it just seems so... linear.
Take note that this is a list Boss saw, and asked to have confirmed, we don't know if that list is real as we have no source.

R_N

I can understand the giant mountain & volcano but not being able to do anything at the golf course is bizzare

it takes up a visible & sizable amount of the map and kahili is a golfer

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
I can understand the giant mountain & volcano but not being able to do anything at the golf course is bizzare

Again, do we actually know you can't do anything there? Boss asked if the list was true.

goodpeople25

Makes sense to me, if the golf course was a nonentity that'd be bizarre, but I don't think you actually need to vist the (full) location to justify having it on the map. (It's size I think is just it being a golf course) Anyway I believe the golf course is connected to the hotel so the reason for having one is fullifled by that. To show there is golfing, for Kahili to be (the tm list posted earlier says she's there at least after becoming champio), maybe some golfing trainers though those could just be on nearby routes.

Of course I don't know if this is confirmed, and hotel could mean the building or outside it. (The beach)

MysticKnives

Do we know if Red and Blue are the only Battle Tree final stage battles or also other major characters (Cynthia, Grimsley, Wally etc)?

Also did anyone datamined their teams already?

I don't think we know the teams in their entireties yet. Since in the 6v6 against Blue, he doesn't have his Tyranitar, yet in the Battle Tree, he does. He might have his Tyranitar, Pidgeot, and Rhyperior there (which means Red might have his Espeon).

Bionickai001

Hive Trainer
This has been asked a few times but I haven't necessarily seen the answer. Does anyone know how long it takes to be able to trade? I'm needing to trade a litten to my moon.

kaylavarnell4736

Xtreme Pokefan
Does anyone know where the flying z move is?

future.newyorker

I really like the fact that Gladion serves as a second rival, a more Silver type rival, like an anti-hero. It's about time we got another one.

Speaking of Gladion, when do we first meet him?

Last edited:

MysticKnives

I really like the fact that Gladion serves as a second rival, a more Silver type rival, like an anti-hero. It's about time we got another one.

I don't know when we first meet him, but yeah he is the secondary rival, though he isn't really a Silver type rival.

Dialga101010

Dragon Trainer
I don't know when we first meet him, but yeah he is the secondary rival, though he isn't really a Silver type rival.

He has the angst of Silver yet, from what I can tell from the leaks, he is genuinely good from the beginning (or close?). He's definitely reminiscent of Silver but still a unique character... Wait... They are both the son of an evil team boss. I literally just realized that.

pOlarizer

He has the angst of Silver yet, from what I can tell from the leaks, he is genuinely good from the beginning (or close?). He's definitely reminiscent of Silver but still a unique character... Wait... They are both the son of an evil team boss. I literally just realized that.

Gladion is Guzma's son?

Spoiler tags for story spoilers please :/

Dialga101010

Dragon Trainer
No. Have you read the story spoilers? If you haven't then I won't explain and spoil you.

If you don't want spoilers you shouldn't be here. Nothing in the rules of the thread about tags for story spoilers unless I missed something. I double checked that.

Last edited:

pOlarizer

No. Have you read the story spoilers? If you haven't then I won't explain and spoil you.

If you don't want spoilers you shouldn't be here. Nothing in the rules of the thread about tags for story spoilers unless I missed something.

No I haven't read the story spoilers.

Been established earlier in the thread to put story spoilers in tags. Not mandatory but just as a courtesy.

Dialga101010

Dragon Trainer
I read a Mod shooting that down on the first page but at this point I'm not going to post much until the time the game gets to me anyway. Unless you are Europe (I really do feel bad for you guys) you shouldn't be on this thread and expect not to get spoiled with one to two days remaining. I will try to respect that request anyway.

Grey Wind

If it's true I assume it's like the Rhyhorn track in XY, except with some sort of hub area before it or something. Weird that they made it massive though if we can't actually access it.

Early Akala I presume, his Type Null is at level 18 for the first battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.