• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReneEnjolras

Explorer of Ruins
Hey, out of curiosity, what do you guys think about Palossand's moveset? Pyukumuku's moveset?
*I think Palossand's is pretty good, while Pyukumuku lacks a good selection of attacking moves.

Lionel_B

I will retry again to ask a question that can not be answered.

Can we have the Ash Cap for customization?

Rio!

Composer
Hey guys, I had a question about Rockruff. So my friend is getting moon but she really wants midday form. If I trade her a Rockruff from sun into moon, will it evolve into midday or midnight??

I believe you're able to catch either one in the wild, too. It was mentioned here about...a week ago I believe.

future.newyorker

I believe you're able to catch either one in the wild, too. It was mentioned here about...a week ago I believe.

You can catch both Lycanroc's on Poni Island. But if you trade her a Rockruff, it will still evolve into whichever form is in the game that it is traded to. You would have to evolve it and then trade it.

Speaking of Rockruff, I know it is caught at Ten Carat Hill, but how soon can we go to Ten Carat Hill?

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
I just noticed something. On the main page of Sun and Moon coverage, it says that if you start Sun during daytime, it'll be daytime and if you start Moon during daytime it'll be nighttime. However, I just started my Moon at 10:40 pm (Australia) and it's nighttime in Moon as well the opposite goes for Sun. So my hypothesis is that if you start the game at DAYTIME, it'll be daytime for Sun and nighttime for Moon. However, if it's nighttime when you start the game, real nighttime wil go for Moon and daytime for Sun.

I'm pretty sure it just starts at the time of day that corresponds to the title of the game, and then transitions to what the mechanics are supposed to make it. I played Moon last night and after the intro scenes it was daytime.

kaylavarnell4736

Xtreme Pokefan
For anyone asking where to get Rockruff,it's in ten carot hill next to the Professor's Lab and you need a tauros.

Last edited:

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
DW artwork was found by SciresM on the PGL site, here is the new pokémon and here is Alolan variants.

I like the DW artwork for Mareanie and Toxapex since it makes them look less shapeless to me than their in-game sprites. Even Dewpider looks cuter in its DW art than it does in the games hee hee, although I'm still not too fond of Dhelmise. ^^;

DannyDiglett

I’m not sure if this is the right thread but I need a clarification for this:

I still don’t understand why’ SOL’rock and ‘LUNA’tone haven't got some special treatment in ‘SUN’ and ‘MOON’ (a new form for example). This would be the perfect opportunity to put them in the spotlights. Not only that, the most ridiculous thing is that they aren’t even obtainable! Why is that?! Sorry, but I just don’t get it. How do you guys think about that?

(I know these two Pokémon already appeared in ORAS, but still…)

Last edited:

Bowlbasaur

I’m not sure if this is the right thread but I need a clarification for this:

I still don’t understand why’ SOL’rock and ‘LUNA’tone haven't got some special treatment in ‘SUN’ and ‘MOON’ (a new form for example). This would be the perfect opportunity to put them in the spotlights. Not only that, the most ridiculous thing is that they aren’t even obtainable! Why is that?! Sorry, but I just don’t get it. How do you guys think about that?

(I know these two Pokémon already appeared in ORAS, but still…)

I had thought this was a good idea too. The only thing I can think of is maybe the two weren't considered "popular" enough to make a special treatment worthwhile. I agree that it's odd that they aren't even included as wild Pokemon though!

Phillies

Is Zygarde shiny locked? Just wondering because I didn't see it listed with the other shiny locked pokemon for Sun and Moon.

Bowlbasaur

Is Zygarde shiny locked? Just wondering because I didn't see it listed with the other shiny locked pokemon for Sun and Moon.

I think that it is still shiny locked

DasManiac

A few questions:

-Evolution locations like magnetic area, ice rock, and moss rock?

- Can sawsbuck change forms? I know it requires transferring but is there any evidence that its forms will be available?

-Primal orbs? Anyone seen them yet?

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

ReneEnjolras

Explorer of Ruins
Which Ground type should I get? Any ideas? I like Sandygast and it's evolution but I also like Mudbray and Mudsdale.

Jakind

Don't know if it's been found before, but I found a small event in Haina Desert for post game. I randomly found him multiple times going through the "maze".

The old man has amnesia and remembered the words "luna" when I had Lunala in my party. But then said something along the lines of it not being the one. He gave a hint that it had "curve". First thing that came to my mind was Cresselia. Another was Lunatone. I brought a Lunatone along the this time. A small weird event that may be an easter egg or something followed. He left and all he gave me was a Moonstone...

I have Pokemon Moon. Pokemon Sun will likely involve Sol- Solrock.

Chimecho3000

Regarding the Daily Event Page; it states the "tea biscuit" that the cafe give on Sunday is a Rare Candy, however I got a Sweet Heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.