• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happy Hydreigon

Kahuna Mikah
I don't know if this is where I should post this, but can someone explain how the Slots thing work on Serebii's Pokéarth page, for example, it has different Pokemon listed under Slot 1, 2, 5, etc?

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Will there be/ Is there a list of In game Trades?

I know about the Machop in route 2. Curious if there are more.

Kangaflora

I apologise for coming across as being a pain in the backside, but is there a possibility for the Trainer Customization for Sun and Moon to be revealed on the official site, just like you guys did for X and Y?

Erron Black

The Outlaw
So, correct me if I'm wrong, but Alolan Sandshrew seems to be a nighttime-only encounter in Moon. I'm currently at Tapu Village and couldn't find any at all during the daytime, but at night they're showing up left and right.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
So, correct me if I'm wrong, but Alolan Sandshrew seems to be a nighttime-only encounter in Moon. I'm currently at Tapu Village and couldn't find any at all during the daytime, but at night they're showing up left and right.

Pokearth says that Sandshrew can appear night and day in Tapu village. it only has a 10% encounter rate, though.

you just got unlucky

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Pokearth says that Sandshrew can appear night and day in Tapu village. it only has a 10% encounter rate, though.

you just got unlucky

See but the thing is I did at least 100 encounters during the day with just Absol, Pelipper, Gumshoos, and the rare Snorunt.

I switch to nighttime and I get Sandshrew about as often as I do Absol, which is fairly uncommon.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
See but the thing is I did at least 100 encounters during the day with just Absol, Pelipper, Gumshoos, and the rare Snorunt.

I switch to nighttime and I get Sandshrew about as often as I do Absol, which is fairly uncommon.

I have the same problem with Pichu at 5% in Hau'oli City. One hour and no encounters.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
I have the same problem with Pichu at 5% in Hau'oli City. One hour and no encounters.

That's 5%, A-Sandshrew is supposed to be 10%, which is the same rate as Absol, which I found fairly commonly during the day. I'm just saying that perhaps the encounter rates are much different than what Pokearth suggests.

Stormthefox

Eevee Trainer
Then I got Lucky with Pichu it was my first encounter

ReneEnjolras

Explorer of Ruins
Then I got Lucky with Pichu it was my first encounter
I got lucky too. I found a Pichu rather quickly, not my fist encounter but within 10 or so.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

Yeah, I spent an hour looking for Stuffel before calling it quits. He's 5% too.
I found and caught SEVERAL female Salandit in the time it took.

Boss1991

Pokémon Master
Can Nanu, Mina, Lana and Ilima be challenged on a daily basis during the postgame? In some way? Please note that I am not asking can they be fought ONCE but can they be constantly rematched?

All the other Kahunas and Trial Captains are either fought at the Pokemon League, or at the Battle Tree. But I have no information sofar for Nanu, Mina, Lana and Ilima being rematchable... So I want somebody to confirm...

shadowF

Can Nanu, Mina, Lana and Ilima be challenged on a daily basis during the postgame? In some way? Please note that I am not asking can they be fought ONCE but can they be constantly rematched?

All the other Kahunas and Trial Captains are either fought at the Pokemon League, or at the Battle Tree. But I have no information sofar for Nanu, Mina, Lana and Ilima being rematchable... So I want somebody to confirm...

I would also like this answered, Would be cool to battle Nanu in rematches daily. Would suck for him to be the only Kahuna you cannot rematch daily like the rest.

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
Have we figured out how to get Ash-Pikachu yet?

I'm still hoping it's the Pikachu transferred in from Yellow :)

Happy Hydreigon

Kahuna Mikah
I would also like this answered, Would be cool to battle Nanu in rematches daily. Would suck for him to be the only Kahuna you cannot rematch daily like the rest.

I understand that you can fight Hala and Olivia at the league, but what about Hapu, is she daily?

Boss1991

Pokémon Master
(Sorry for double posting)

Nanu is the coolest Kahuna. He should be rematchable as well...

For Ilima, I heard he can be rematched in the postgame as well, but his team doesn´t level up, so it is very low levelled. But I can´t confirm if it is an only one time battle, or a once per day one.

As for Lana and Mina, I have heard nothing sofar.

So yeah, I hope this is cleared soon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.