• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

The10thx

There's one hidden between two of the builds roofs and also one hidden behind a railing near the start if that's what you're trying to find

The10thx

[video=youtube;bFQv3g8cK1Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFQv3g8cK1Q[/video]

Haven't actually seen any posts of the idol style yet and the trainer style page doesn't have it, BAttle royal is annoying on master, typically all of the ai have Megas on turn one and they also liked ot pick pokemon that are super effective against yours (Cheat ai ftw)

shadowF

So I was wondering if we can encounter special NPc characters in the battle royal? I know in the first battle you do but can you encounter others after the first visit to the battle royal? like perhaps battle trial captains in the battle royal or rivals?

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Who has done the mall clean up side quest. Can't find one trash collection

The trash has this yellow sparkling effect to where you need to go. It looks like the Zygarde Cell or Nectar spots but in a different color.

Captain Jigglypuff

Has Steven Stone been found yet in the games? I would imagine he'd come to Alola to study volcanic rocks.

Captain Jigglypuff

You'd think he would be considering how rich Alola must be with different types of rocks. Grimsley seemed to show up randomly on the beach. I get it that he would be at the Battle Tree but aa beach is out of character for him.

goodpeople25

You'd think he would be considering how rich Alola must be with different types of rocks. Grimsley seemed to show up randomly on the beach. I get it that he would be at the Battle Tree but aa beach is out of character for him.
Really, how is a beach farfetch'd? Did I miss reading in between the lines of his (incredibly layered) character in BW that he wouldn't be on a beach? (Just cause we never see him out of the Pokemon league in Gen V dosen't mean that's actually part of his character) Really the location is just part of him giving you access to sharpedo to ride which I think is in character.

Captain Jigglypuff

Grimsley seems to be the type that avoids going out in the sun. He just doesn't seem to be a beach goer. Archie could have given you the Sharpedo Jet and it would still make sense.

goodpeople25

Wow, okay that's a kinda harsh character trait you've given him, besides it's not like he was on Hano or Hau'oli beach or something (whcih actually would have context to them which I can see being seen as out of character) your basically just saying he can't be outside without bidng out of character.

cl94

I wish there was a way to watch the credits and clips surrounding them again. That may have been one of the best endings to a game I have ever seen and yes, I did cry.

saPower1000

FLIP ALL THE TABLES
Dunno if others have found this, but if you have noticed some Pokemon are really rare to find, like Bruxish is a 1% chance. I noticed tho, if you save in front of a special fishing spot, fish, and don't get what you want, you can reset, fish again and the Pokemon will be different. This works for fishing up items as well.

I also found this applies to berries. If you save in front of a berry tree, you can reset if the berry you are looking for isn't in the first batch. Thought that was pretty neat.

Flame Haze SnS

Yin-Yang
I think that Rockruff's encounter rate at Ten Carat Hill would have to be MUCH lower than 20% because I keep encountering Machop, Roggenrola, and Carbink and both Roggenrola and Carbink's encounter rate are 20% while Machop's encounter rate is 30% and I still hasn't encountered Rockruff yet!

EDIT: Now, Spindle appeared and still no Rockruff! I think Rockruff's encounter rate on Serebii's Pokeearth page is wrong!

EDIT 2: Lol, after having caught a Spindle, Rockruff appeared. Finally caught that pesky thing and became my 4th party member. Still thinks Rockruff's encounter rate in Ten Carat Hill is lower than 20%.

Last edited:

Sulfurian

Beast Ball question. Could someone trade me a pokemon holding a beast ball, and if I catch solgaleo in one is that technically legal?

cl94

Beast Ball question. Could someone trade me a pokemon holding a beast ball, and if I catch solgaleo in one is that technically legal?

It won't work. A beast ball only has the high catch rate on the Ultra Beasts that are part of the UB missions.

Did anyone else catch that the police chief (Anabel) is the Battle Tower brain from Emerald? Interesting connection from Gen III there and it pinpoints Gen VII as happening at least 10 years after R/S/E.

Captain Jigglypuff

It won't work. A beast ball only has the high catch rate on the Ultra Beasts that are part of the UB missions.

Did anyone else catch that the police chief (Anabel) is the Battle Tower brain from Emerald? Interesting connection from Gen III there and it pinpoints Gen VII as happening at least 10 years after R/S/E.

I noticed. And I like her new hair much better as the old one made her look too much like a boy. Also noticed all the massive hints to Gen 4 as well as Gen 2 with the Apricorn Balls.

cl94

I loved that the apricorn balls are back. While the Lure Ball is redundant, most of them aren't. This may have been answered elsewhere, but does anybody know if we can buy more of them?

BlitzGirl41

I noticed. And I like her new hair much better as the old one made her look too much like a boy. Also noticed all the massive hints to Gen 4 as well as Gen 2 with the Apricorn Balls.

In a way, Malie City itself was a reference to Johto, especially since it was designed mostly by native Johtians (I just made that term up, haha). It makes me wish for a G/S remake in the style of S/M. Always been my favorite gen.

shadowF

So is Gladion or Hau in the Battle Tree?

Status
Not open for further replies.