• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

yumenokage

faerie dragon ghost
so, other than legends/mythical/ultra-beasts, we have what? 3 new families that haven't been revealed, including the one we knew about from the trading card cover leak? And 2 other alola forms (one of which is apparently purposely revealed in the demo)? And a lot of the things we thought were going to get evos didn't? I must say I'm very disappointed... I can't help hoping without reason that there are more lines that were somehow completely scrubbed even with all those shiny sprites left intact.

shiny day lyncanroc is sweet, though, and the pre-evo for sun legend is cute. And I will totally have to breed a shiny alola vulpix to match my shiny regular one.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Is Ash-Greninja's nature fixed as Hardy?

Yes.

Can anybody provide a link to the shiny versions of the new pokemon? All I've been able to see so far are the starters' and can't seem to find it anywhere...

http://www.thebitbag.com/pokemon-sun-moon-demo-leak-shiny-pokemon-leaked-datamine-video/192215

These games are over twice the size of X&Y. We have not seen everything yet and there's clearly a lot we don't know.

That's largely for models, music and FMVs, not actual game content like routes, maps, species etc.

I do wonder - do Solgaleo and Lunala have pre-evolutions? Are Ultra Beasts Pokémon?

Yes to both, more or less.

Last edited:

Sulfurian

GameFreak really loves screwing the one off Normal types don't they?

Welp that confirms to me that Protean > Battle Bond until we know for sure if it can breed or not. If it can't, then Ash-Greninja is a fanservice Pokemon with slightly more but still pointless usage then regular non-legend event Pokemon

And Protean greninja is banned from most competitive singles. So take being weaker as a good thing.

Orphalesion

So needles to say, I was quite disappointed when I learned that the only Dark-types I'm apparently getting are a fat-Raticate, ugly as f*-Persian and psychedilic-Muk - and maybe Litten's evolution.

There is a chance that the Crown-of-Thorns or the alien spider might be dark typed. But yeah those small gens really negatively effect type distributions, like when in Kalos your ownly new bug-option was the normal/flying butterfly.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'

Wind?

My name is Quiliver.
I mean this is probably all of it and I am okay with that. I wasn't expecting over a hundred anyway. Sure, I was hoping for more and maybe there is more to come.

Pyukumuku was and still is one of my favorites. I was not expecting him to evolve, so I'm happy.

With so many standalones, hopefully quite a few have good stats and are usable in comp.

Leosnake

Does anyone think that Salandit's evo will be female only and that is what the Chinese riddler was hinting at? Or do you think they got it wrong and it will be for both?

Dragon Pulse

That also happened in gen 2, but yea that's also disappointing since I like most of the fossils from before.

Same.

Off-topic on the Fossil Pokémon, I really wanna know what those "pre-evolutions" of Solgaleo and Lunala are. I think it might work like Zygarde - they might be their natural forms and then they can transform into the larger ones we know of.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
It could be because this is a sequel to Gen VI. Sequel's don't normally have new fossils and usually have a smaller dex than their predecessor.

Uh every gen is a sequel to the last though. Other than zygarde, there really isn't any kind of connection to kalos at all whereas kanto was right next to johto. Not to mention kalos had a small dex and wasn't tied to unova.

GDK

Guys, I just realised that we seem to not have any Fossil Pokémon this time round.

There is aerodactyl, gen 5 fossils and gen 4's (in the maybe regional dex) so the excuse of "there is no fossil in hawai" is not valid. I would have prefered new fossils + aerodactyl and all the other fossils in the national dex in postgame like in X/Y

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Does anyone think that Salandit's evo will be female only and that is what the Chinese riddler was hinting at? Or do you think they got it wrong and it will be for both?

I doubt it will be only female since there have been way more feminine pokemon than that and are both. It leans a little feminine, but can still easily pass as being male, kind of like serperior.

Status
Not open for further replies.