• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebevan91

I wonder if any of the datamined Pokemon are version exclusive.

Sulfurian

If this truly is the full roster, I think the new features and possible after-game features make up for the under 100 region. It's just funny to see that we're at the point where under 100 means the game is bad. I think they did learn from Kalos in the sense that they need to put more into the game to keep people playing, though they do want to slow down from reaching 1000 too quickly.

The improvements on the models when using Z-moves also give me hope that normal moves will one day receive such animations, like snorlax charging in for a body slam.

Plus, with such an increase to detail for the environment, one day we can see battlegrounds similar to the console games. My only negative so far is no megas or the few amount of aoloa forms

ebevan91

If this truly is the full roster, I think the new features and possible after-game features make up for the under 100 region. It's just funny to see that we're at the point where under 100 means the game is bad. I think they did learn from Kalos in the sense that they need to put more into the game to keep people playing, though they do want to slow down from reaching 1000 too quickly.

The improvements on the models when using Z-moves also give me hope that normal moves will one day receive such animations, like snorlax charging in for a body slam.

Plus, with such an increase to detail for the environment, one day we can see battlegrounds similar to the console games. My only negative so far is no megas or the few amount of aoloa forms

I just hope that we actually get a decent post-game or else it's XY all over again.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
But it's the same principle; something that was previously thought to be impossible but then happened anyway.

If GF wants evolving legendaries, then GF will create evolving legendaries. Don't really know why that would be such a big deal.

Because making them evolve (excluding Mega Evolution) or have pre-evos makes them less special than they already are. Legendaries are supposed to be one-stage, super powerful Pokémon especially in the matter of version mascots.

Also, people tend to forget that when Alomomola was first revealed everyone thought it evolves from Luvdisc because of its similar shape and features with it and guess what, the two were revealed to never have a connection with each other whatsoever. Just because there are Pokémon that share similarities with other Pokémon (features and such) does NOT mean they are indeed connected. I suggest we wait for the full games to deduce the truth instead of making wild rumors like that.

One last thing, I just saw someone saying that perhaps these ''pre-evos'' are actually the forms the mascots will take when we transfer them to the opposite version. I won't be disappointed if that actually happens, it's a cool new idea and establishes how much powerful the mascots are this time around.

Elchar

Wimpod's evolution looks like a Mirelurk to me :D

Sulfurian

I also can't wait to hear the final evolution of Litten's cry. Because if it enters battle with a badass tiger roar I'm going to instantly use him first.

Orphalesion

Because making them evolve (excluding Mega Evolution) or have pre-evos makes them less special than they already are. Legendaries are supposed to be one-stage, super powerful Pokémon especially in the matter of version mascots.

Also, people tend to forget that when Alomomola was first revealed everyone thought it evolves from Luvdisc because of its similar shape and features with it and guess what, the two were revealed to never have a connection with each other whatsoever. Just because there are Pokémon that share similarities with other Pokémon (features and such) does NOT mean they are indeed connected. I suggest we wait for the full games to deduce the truth instead of making wild rumors like that.

Don't really see how this would make them "less special". And nobody's forgetting Alomomla (as much as we'd like to or how hard we try to accomplish just that) and I don't see how making wild assumptions is in any way harmful, I find it rather fun.

Also each time people start with the "x is supposed to be this and that and that" I gotta ask; why? Why is it impossible to be different? Who decided so? "It has always been that way" is not a good reason for or against anything, Pokemon or non-Pokemon related.

Ho_oh59

The only new Pokemon I can honestly say I'm excited for are the starter evos, Solgaleo/Lunala, and Alolan Ninetales & Marowak - all of those actually do look really nice. But for the other Pokes it's like:

"Let's just take a bunch of ideas that we put together in about 5 minutes in photoshop and flesh them out somehow. We'll try to stay within the tropical theme and keep the grand total as close to 800 as possible. From the original 151, this guy will get an Alolan Form, as well as him and him and him...everyone gets an Alola Form! Oh wait there's more Pokemon? Well we'll add some goofy looking hairdo to this Pokemon, and also this Pokemon, and Arcanine? Screw you, you get NOTHING, you LOSE!"

I mean come on GameFreak, at least give Alolan Dugtrio some sort of lava motif and a Fire typing...

vptwarrior

Breeder
Still kind've a shame, only 81 new pokes, gamefreak what are you doing, there's no way your this short on ideas. Not to mention the army's of fake pokemon they could use on the internet, was it that hard to just add at least 30 more. Also kanto only Alolian forms, meh that's pretty boring. Shame all the pokes got revealed right away, oh well, hopefully the pokes are good in battle.

Tepigfan

Also, I dont quite understand why people are upset over the low number of new pokemon, without all of those pokemon, they can work on making really cool, really complex designs, thats the thing I hated about the older gens, all the pokemon were always so basic, gen 7 seems to be fixing that mistake.

I'm REALLY pleased/excited by the number of the new moves! The first datamine vid mentions that there's ~720 total now, which would mean ~100 new ones. :eek:

This is especially awesome considering Gen VI only gave us ~60 (many of which had VERY limited distribution.)

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Also, I dont quite understand why people are upset over the low number of new pokemon, without all of those pokemon, they can work on making really cool, really complex designs, thats the thing I hated about the older gens, all the pokemon were always so basic, gen 7 seems to be fixing that mistake.
That could be looked to as a bad thing as well though... the more basic the design the more appealing Pokemon might be because you know these things aren't real.

R_N

dugtrio with a wig

Status
Not open for further replies.