1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Generation VII Discussion' started by Endless, Oct 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joltik-Kid

Joltik-Kid Same thing, day in;day out ಠ_ಠ

Gotta be honest, I'm not thrilled with the regional bird, so Thank God for Rowlet

Well, Fury Attack is technically a Pecking move...

2. Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk Member

3. Auraninja

Auraninja Try to understand.

I could, but I would have to do it in scrutiny. I may get one up tomorrow.

Those were the most obvious missing ones, and the file can be found.

I don't know if the mods/admins are for or against direct file leaks.

Also, Winzip is more of a hassle than it really should have been.

4. .Aerodactyl.

.Aerodactyl. Well-Known Member

Fossils would have been cool, I'll be the first to admit :) But I'm also biased... I tend to like them just by virtue of them being fossils regardless of design. Indoneonder the motivation by not having them though... I mean its not the first time we havent had fossils. And Hawaii isn't known for fossils. But fossils haven't always matched the region they were introduced anyway.

I mean, I honestly wasn't actually expecting fossil Pokémon this game, just felt like it wasn't happening. But readinf it does remind me that it's disappointing.

5. Endless

Endless Sun God ☉

Regarding Alolan variants I have to side with the people viewing them as untapped potential unfortunately.
    The first reason is that they're only been given to gen I pokémon. Even if this is something we've pretty much known for a while now.
    The other one is more subjective. I found the idea of Pokémon adapting to different environments very interesting, but as R_N said a lot of them feel like jokes. So if you're a huge fan of goofy pokémon this probably wouldn't be a problem for you. As for many of them not having drastic changes I never thought they needed that(they're subspecies after all), so that's not a problem for me, nor would I call any of them lazy since I'm sure their designs are intentional. Don't get me wrong, I can appreciate some goofy pokémon and I'm sure they're going to try to explain the changes by some adaptive response, but I just wish we got more along the lines of Ninetales, Sandslash and Marowak too.

6. Excitable Boy

Excitable Boy is a metaphor

Was it this?

That's the Regional Dex.

7. Missingno.Fan

Missingno.Fan Well-Known Member

Is Marshadow the tiny, monkey guy at the end or that big thing listed at the end of the ultra beasts.

8. Trainer Yusuf

Trainer Yusuf VolcaniNO

Well, this ends that.

Lillie confirmed for best Pokémon.

Thanks. I'll look to the zip myself from twitter.

Edit: Nevermind, ninja'd by Excitable Boy.

9. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before. Staff Member Moderator

10. knightwolf09

knightwolf09 Well-Known Member

11. Julia Artemis

Julia Artemis Well-Known Member

I guess they are Pokemon than

12. Joltik-Kid

I swear Ultra Beast better not have Human Forms... that's disturbing that we can capture them then

13. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

I bet there's a super late game twist where it's discovered they really are pokemon, but from another world or something.

14. knightwolf09

knightwolf09 Well-Known Member

But they just said they might not be. Not do they look pokemon even by pokemon standards.

15. monkerz

monkerz Trex in Training

I like the new toucan pokemon! Feels a little more in tune with nature rather than going back to days of Trubbish and Vanilluxe. I think that was their theme this time around too.

I have to agree though with other folks who have already stated their opinion, I am a bit disappointed. The designs for the most part are awesome but couldn't help but feel something is just felt... short. Or incomplete. And why would they have revealed the majority of new pokemon before the game got released? Just seems weird. Hopefully the story makes up for all of this but I am not going to get my hopes up too high.

And still salty no actual dolphin pokemon but c'est la vie.

16. Joltik-Kid

Deoxys makes you wonder how it's an Alien at this point

17. Thepowaofhax

Thepowaofhax Well-Known Member

Honestly, the leaked Persian is pretty clever. Alolan Meowth was spoiled and pampered and became a Garfield-esque fat cat Pokemon, which seems interesting. Sadly though, it seems like they only changed the face.

Also, that Wimpod evolution is pretty dope, no lie.

18. .Aerodactyl.

.Aerodactyl. Well-Known Member

Yeah, I can agree with this. At first they introduced and showed awesome ones that made a lot of sense. I'm still holding out for the Golem explanation, but they did start to feel lack-luster and sort of tacked on near the end... I was honestly hoping dugtrio was a joke for the demo :/ I do like alolan Muk. I liked the idea for me with, but Persian looks stupid and doesn't really have that face that fits the line... They were supposed too be breed by Royalty weren't they? It's face looks like an overinflated football with a face drawn on, not even like a suave Persian cat look with the squished in snout.

I also think if they were going to do them, they should have targeted more of the overused Pokémon, I.e. Zubat and Tentacruel line. We have and will see so many of these so many times in a row, they could have used something to freshen them up :)

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
  19. clbgolden12

clbgolden12 Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer

20. noakai

noakai Well-Known Member

I think it's super ugly but it reminds me of Grumpy Cat lol.

And I really want to play this game already so I can make sense of this plot. Beasts that look like certain human characters that you can capture, tiny forms of legendaries, zygarde cores...I have no idea how it all fits together.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.