1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Generation VII Discussion' started by Endless, Oct 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Julia Artemis

Julia Artemis Well-Known Member

That's the million dollar question.

2. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

Going back a bit, but if i'm counting right (excluding all the alternative forms) that's...304 pokemon?
    And a lot of those are legendaries or ultra beasts which are probably post game

Now that's pretty lame. XY's pokedex was fun because it was 457. It's barely bigger than BW2's. I was hoping 450 would be the standard

3. Orphalesion

Orphalesion Well-Known Member

The Toucan is actually the first regional bird I genuinely like. All the other birds looked very samey , even their colour schemes started to get repetitive after a while and all of them gained at least some bird of prey characteristics, thier proportions were similar in almost all of them...boring imho and the only thing that marginally elevated Talonflame above the rest was its fire typing (it's design was still fairly run of the mill for a regional bird) They were pretty much Pigeot Mark II, III, IV and V.
    The Toucan however? It's completely unique form the other regional birds and based off of a very unusual species of bird. It's the first regional bird I'm considering putting on my team.

Arctic Foxes are an actual thing in the real world. Dogs that live underwater (or have adopted a truly aquatic lifestyle) aren't.

4. clbgolden12

clbgolden12 Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer

TBH I'm more disappointed that like, half the Dex is gen 1.

5. Excitable Boy

Excitable Boy is a metaphor

It is.

6. FlorgesPower2

FlorgesPower2 Anime fanatic

It makes absolutely no sense sure, but I don't see how it's a disappointment.

7. Trainer Yusuf

Trainer Yusuf VolcaniNO

One of the articles confirmed that.

In the OG ORAS demo, they removed Level-Up Movesets for species that appeared in the demo, while keeping everything the same. So they tried in ORAS as well.

Aside from being just a toucan, it is not even stylized. It is literally just a toucan, specifically a White-throated toucan.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
  8. Supersonicbro

Supersonicbro Well-Known Member

You know...you're right about the toucan, maybe that's why it feels weird to me. I've always got the birds and they always were the same. I was gonna try pikipek anyway, but I'm gonna be more accepting of it.

9. Bus

Bus Well-Known Member

I could have sworn there was an article that accidentally spoiled that today; that Lillie actually ahs the little orb form of whichever box legendary is yours.

10. Rio!

Rio! Composer

I feel you there. =/

11. ReneEnjolras

ReneEnjolras Explorer of Ruins

Wow. Just...wow.

Things I like:
    Most Alola forms (except Diglett, Dugtrio, Persian)
    The guardian legends
    Marshadow, I guess

Things I don't like:
    Ultra Beasts (WTF Gamefreak???)
    Alola Persian
    Alola Diglett/Dugtrio
    No Komala evo
    No PYUKUMUKU evo!!
    No Drampa line

12. Lunafreya Nox Fleuret

Lunafreya Nox Fleuret Don't look here.

You'd think it would be something cool but it is just the guy from fruit loops.

13. clbgolden12

clbgolden12 Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer

... Oh wow, I was just reading that article. I guess that part passed me, lol.

14. knightwolf09

knightwolf09 Well-Known Member

There were 3 new moves that have been found in the datamine. Throat Chop, Aurora Veil, and Laser Focus. Somehow, I think these are level up moves for the starters. And they make sense too. Let's see if we can theorize how they fit with the starters.

Throat Chop: Damaging move that cancels a pokemon using sound based moves for two turns. (Gardevoir and Sylveon are getting abused this gen) Such a savage and brutal move sounds like a Dark type move, since most of them are based off savage and dirty tactics. Now I believe this move belongs to Litten's line, because now I without a shadow of a doubt, can say Luchalitten is Fire/Dark. It was said in it's concept art that it loves to cheat and fight dirty. Boy, what does that sound like?

Aurora Veil: Halves physical and special damage for 5 turns. Basically Reflect and Light Screen put into one. I'm mixed with this being a Water move or Fairy move. I feel like it's the latter. Anyway this sounds perfect for Popmaid.

Laser Focus: Guarantees a critical hit next turn. Come one that move is perfect for Arrowl. An archer has laser focus to attack targets. How is that not meant for Arrowl?

Anyway, what do you guys think of these moves?

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
  15. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

how do you have a game called sun & moon and then not have Lunatone & Solrock?

16. shadowF

shadowF Well-Known Member

Is throat chop a really good move that can be used? As well is there any other datamine news that we should expect?

17. JVLightningLover

JVLightningLover Veteran Trainer

Yeah, you're a wee bit late to the party, my friend. I posted this last night:

18. knightwolf09

knightwolf09 Well-Known Member

I don't know if there's more to expect, but so far that's all we got in terms of moves. I don't know how strong it'll be.

19. Well, the demo is to build extra hype.

Here's what I wonder: Why did the data (even if it is just the sprites) for these species exist in the demo in the first place? Why do they need to scrub it out? If they didn't want people to find it why was it in there to begin with? Why didn't they just use the data for the species that actually appear in the demo?

20. Eeyore

Eeyore Ghost,poison & steel

I'm disappointed about no new dark or ice new Pokémon, just alola forms :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.