• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
I feel like for me the toucan Pokemon is lackluster because it looks like a toucan and not a Pokemon, if that makes sense? Like it looks exactly like they made a 3D model of a toucan instead of the usual mix of real world traits + cartoon aspects that I usually expect.

Yea there doesn't really seem to be anything unique about it honestly. I guess you can almost say the same thing about komala except for the tiny white fluffs it has, but even it at least has the wooden thing it holds and is always asleep for a gimmick. I guess the toucan looks angry, so maybe somehow it will get some unique ability for that. It just seems weird in this gen with so many new type comboes and new abilities that they would go to just having another plain jane normal/flying bird.

Squirtortoise

And on the topic of simplistic/animalistic designs, I'm glad they at least for the most part kept that up with the starters. There's usually only one starter that's kind of human-esque (usually fire). I don't mind that the other dex Pokemon might be based on more inanimate objects and anthropomorphic animals than they have been before because it seems pretty even. I think gen VI might be the only gen where they really pushed the humanoid features on the starters (and yes I know it was a theme) and it is the worst starter trio in my opinion (although I don't know if that's really why, but it plays a big part, especially with Delphox). I'm glad besides Litten3, that they didn't really continue with that this gen.

Yorcko

『 S α d β ο γ 』
You guys do know that many older people actually like what we got, right? Meaning that it isn't catered to only the newer generation. Those disappointed only have particular tastes that just can't be matched anymore because you have very specific standards.

Surely, I do agree with you.
However, judging by comments I find accord with my thoughts, I'm not getting it's just a design thing. After playing the demo, what I'm going at is that regardless of people of any age liking what we got, it's clear that the target is a younger audience (hence the emotional teasers with kids, goofy designs, extra lighthearted humor and dialogues, unprecedented helpful ui and in-game content, use of first generation to yet again make the generation feel familiar, etc.) and naturally that might be what is leaving us low on said standards, which we should not expect to be fulfilled anymore.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Surely, I do agree with you.
However, judging by comments I find accord with my thoughts, I'm not getting it's just a design thing. After playing the demo, what I'm going at is that regardless of people of any age liking what we got, it's clear that the target is a younger audience (hence the emotional teasers with kids, goofy designs, extra lighthearted humor and dialogues, unprecedented helpful ui and in-game content, use of first generation to yet again make the generation feel familiar, etc.) and naturally that might be what is leaving us low from said standards, which we should not expect to be fulfilled anymore.

They've had teasers with kids, goofy designs, and light hearted humor going back to gen 1.

Leviticus20:13

Talonflame Falconer
I like a lot of the pokemon in Gen 7, but like in every Gen, there are more pokemon that i dislike. But Gen 7 is doing better now than Gen6 or even previous gens, well, then again, we don't know the typings of the new pokemon yet, but i hope they are good. Gen 6 had way too many ghost types and fairy types, the two types i hate the most.

My complaints with Gen 7 right now, nerfed priority moves, i mean that will only make speed more important than ever, if they were going to nerf priority moves, it should only be for pokemon with gale wings or prankster or extreme speed or technician or battle bond, the rest don't have to have their priority moves nerfed. Priority moves aren't that powerful for most pokemon to begin with.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
My complaints with Gen 7 right now, nerfed priority moves, i mean that will only make speed more important than ever, if they were going to nerf priority moves, it should only be for pokemon with gale wings or prankster or extreme speed or technician or battle bond, the rest don't have to have their priority moves nerfed. Priority moves aren't that powerful for most pokemon to begin with.
I'm pretty sure anything that runs priority tends to be powerful in general... Scizor, Azumarill, Talonflame, there's hardly a weak user in that list. So you kinda have to nerf it all if your gonna nerf it at all

Yorcko

『 S α d β ο γ 』
They've had teasers with kids, goofy designs, and light hearted humor going back to gen 1.

Fair enough. Still think this gen depicted less variety on age at advertisement and enhanced the childish vibe though.

Last edited:

Leviticus20:13

Talonflame Falconer
I'm pretty sure anything that runs priority tends to be powerful in general... Scizor, Azumarill, Talonflame, there's hardly a weak user in that list. So you kinda have to nerf it all if your gonna nerf it at all

Most priority users that use quick attack, sucker punch, mach punch, aqua jet, etc, aren't that powerful, and need those priority moves. by nerfing all priority moves, you are hurting even the pokemon that aren't that powerful to begin with. Nerfs should be more surgical, target specific OP pokemon like those you mentioned, again pokemon with moves like extreme speed, dragon dance/shell smash/ quiver dance, pokemon with abilities like technician, huge power, gale wings, prankster, parental bond...

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
One of the audio files from the demo is a track from XY -- "me_xy_quest.dspadpcm"
And as officially stated, the OST for SM will have 15 tracks from XY.

This is Looker's jingle on XY's post-game quests (not to be confused with his actual theme though).
Entirely possible that he's making an appearance again.

Joltik-Kid

Most priority users that use quick attack, sucker punch, mach punch, aqua jet, etc, aren't that powerful, and need those priority moves. by nerfing all priority moves, you are hurting even the pokemon that aren't that powerful to begin with. Nerfs should be more surgical, target specific OP pokemon like those you mentioned, again pokemon with moves like extreme speed, dragon dance/shell smash/ quiver dance, pokemon with abilities like technician, huge power, gale wings, prankster, parental bond...
Uhhh... Mach Punch is exclusively used by Iron Fist and Technician users. Quick Attack has only ever seen usage on Diggersby and Staraptor, strong Normal types. Even still, Priority isn't exclusively used because it's the best move available to any given Pokemon, it's used to revenge kill or pick off... if it was weak to begin with, it's not worth using in the first place. So again, if you're gonna nerf Priority at all, you have to nerf all of it.

Dance Moves have no priority, so I'm not sure why your mentioning that, unless your talking about Prankster Taunt to prevent it from happening

Sakuraba

Uhhh... Mach Punch is exclusively used by Iron Fist and Technician users. Quick Attack has only ever seen usage on Diggersby and Staraptor, strong Normal types. Even still, Priority isn't exclusively used because it's the best move available to any given Pokemon, it's used to revenge kill or pick off... if it was weak to begin with, it's not worth using in the first place. So again, if you're gonna nerf Priority at all, you have to nerf all of it.

Dance Moves have no priority, so I'm not sure why your mentioning that, unless your talking about Prankster Taunt to prevent it from happening

I think he's confusing Oricorio's ability withy Comfey's ability.

Joltik-Kid

Also for the record Parental Bond did get nerfed... second hit only does 25% damage. But even then Fake Out is a total waste on Mega Kanga since it loses Scrappy. You'll see it in Doubles, but that's literally it. It's usually P-u-P, Return, Earthquake, and Dark move of choice (SP and Crunch)

kawaiiconcept

TOP OF THE MORNIN'
One of the audio files from the demo is a track from XY -- "me_xy_quest.dspadpcm"
And as officially stated, the OST for SM will have 15 tracks from XY.

This is Looker's jingle on XY's post-game quests (not to be confused with his actual theme though).
Entirely possible that he's making an appearance again.

oooh yay
i love looker

Status
Not open for further replies.