• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Maybe they could be Lovecraftian-esque ancient beings from before Arceus' time?

That happen to look like modern electrical plugs?

Yeah... No.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
My only thought for getting rid of P-u-P is Mega Kanga... but that's silly if you ask me

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
The gold thingies on the new Pokeball seem to resemble those on the Solgaleo pre-evolution. I wonder if that means the UB's and legendaries are connected somehow?

EDIT: I also think that some of the UB's are gonna be version exclusives like UB-02.

On seeing the better image of the New Pokeball, it looks more like those Portals we see those Ultra Beast appear in the story line.

Maybe they would be called 'Dimensional Ball' or 'Beast Ball' or 'UB Ball'?

Sulfurian

I was honestly hoping things like rock climb or defog to return as tms with this change as well, especially to make defog legal on more pokemon in official tournaments. It also seems they're making power up punch harder to give to pokemon, which is odd because only mega khan make it really strong, though it's great for assault vest pokemon as well.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I was honestly hoping things like rock climb or defog to return as tms with this change as well, especially to make defog legal on more pokemon in official tournaments. It also seems they're making power up punch harder to give to pokemon, which is odd because only mega khan make it really strong, though it's great for assault vest pokemon as well.
Defog only works from a Single battle format... Hazards don't exist in Doubles. I suppose you could mean Screens, but I don't see those too often in Doubles either

Julia Artemis

Maybe they could be Lovecraftian-esque ancient beings from before Arceus' time?

Yeah they do have that "unspeakable horror" vibes that was in Lovecraft's work, also they make me think of Angels in Evangelion. This is all to say I hope that "capturing" is a way to stop them and are unable to be used after they are in the ball. So guess also like Ghostbusters.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Defog only works from a Single battle format... Hazards don't exist in Doubles. I suppose you could mean Screens, but I don't see those too often in Doubles either

Well, I mean they exist, but if you use them you might as well just forfeit the match...

Darthleapyous

Yeah they do have that "unspeakable horror" vibes that was in Lovecraft's work, also they make me think of Angels in Evangelion. This is all to say I hope that "capturing" is a way to stop them and are unable to be used after they are in the ball. So guess also like Ghostbusters.

The fact they have shinies indicates that they will be able to be used in battle. What would be the point of finding a shiny UB then lock it away in a ball forever?

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Fly is garbage like all other two-turn moves to be honest. There's no sense giving your opponent a free turn to switch to a counter or set up in your face. On the other hand since HMs are going away I wasn't really expecting the more iconic ones to go anywhere.

Well, competitive-wise "Fly" isn't a good move, but normal gameplay-wise its still a good one, especially for those Physical Flying types who don't have access to moves like "Brave Bird" or "Sky Attack" or "Drill Peck".

We have to remember that not all moves are competitive usable only. Some are better used at normal play.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Dimensional balls.... damn, was hoping the Ultra Beasts couldn't get caught

Julia Artemis

The fact they have shinies indicates that they will be able to be used in battle. What would be the point of finding a shiny UB then lock it away in a ball forever?

to not make playing online the most painful thing. I mean it's been getting old as is with everyone using legendaries all the time in battle spot, now this? Sigh........

Sulfurian

True, and although transferring from old gens and make them viable with hyper training is possible, it'd be nice to get more defog with the native tag

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Well, competitive-wise "Fly" isn't a good move, but normal gameplay-wise its still a good one, especially for those Physical Flying types who don't have access to moves like "Brave Bird" or "Sky Attack" or "Drill Peck".

We have to remember that not all moves are competitive usable only. Some are better used at normal play.

There really aren't any Flying types that get access to Fly without getting a better Flying move though, especially given 2 consecutive Aerial Aces massively outdamages Fly.

Sulfurian

to not make playing online the most painful thing. I mean it's been getting old as is with everyone using legendaries all the time in battle spot, now this? Sigh........

I mean, I kill mega rayquazas on battle spot with Muk all the time. I'm sure it's easily doable with UBs.

Status
Not open for further replies.