• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
True, and although transferring from old gens and make them viable with hyper training is possible, it'd be nice to get more defog with the native tag
At least Pokemon still will get it through breeding anyway... lets not forget that DP should hopefully be getting a remake and that's where Defog was introduced after all

No wonder why Smogon banned that move.
That and in Gen 5 Gravity made you invincible if used after the move was initiated

Happy Hydreigon

Kahuna Mikah
So what is the deal with the two space Pokemon before Solgaleo and Lunala, are they pre evolutions of the box legends?

Jirachi100

Kirby Fan
The fact they have shinies indicates that they will be able to be used in battle. What would be the point of finding a shiny UB then lock it away in a ball forever?

We don't even know yet if the shinies will actually appear or not. We've been having a few shiny locked legendaries since Gen. 5 and some minor things like Spikey Ear Pichu have an unused shiny sprite.

Last edited:

R_N

So 11 signature z moves

We know Pikachu, Eevee, Alolan Raichu & Snorlax all get one...mannnn if they give all the special z moves to gen 1 pokemon too...

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
We lost Hone Claws, Dig, Incinerate, Retaliate, Flash, Struggle Bug, Rock Smash and Power Up Punch... wow

Not a chance... it's got a chance of missing and it's easy as hell to counter

It is really odd, they should expand the count to 150 at this point.

I am pretty sure most of those will come back as Move Tutors, though. They are just too common and significant to get rid of.

Well, I mean they exist, but if you use them you might as well just forfeit the match...

Stealth Rock is decent for Doubles.

Defog only works from a Single battle format... Hazards don't exist in Doubles. I suppose you could mean Screens, but I don't see those too often in Doubles either

Screens are fairly common for stall in doubles.

So 11 signature z moves

We know Pikachu, Eevee, Alolan Raichu & Snorlax all get one...mannnn if they give all the special z moves to gen 1 pokemon too...

Ignoring the big four (Rowlet, Popplio, Litten, Rockruff) that will likely be the case. I suspect Alolan Forms without signature moves can get signature Z-moves.

Last edited:

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
We lost Hone Claws, Dig, Incinerate, Retaliate, Flash, Struggle Bug, Rock Smash and Power Up Punch... wow

Not a chance... it's got a chance of missing and it's easy as hell to counter

I actually loved using Fly on Selfdestruct Voltorb and Koffings as back as Gen 1;-D

I'm interested in the Strange Souvenir stuff.

Sulfurian

I hope the kanto legendary birds get an upgrade of some sort, considering GF is still on the gen 1 hype train. Poor articuno :(

Happy Hydreigon

Kahuna Mikah
So 11 signature z moves

I think 3 will be for the starters final evos, and the rest are hopefully not all Gen 1

goodpeople25

Leech life instead of Dig? Man Tm 28 has been dig since the start, and honestly despite it's suckiness at any opponent with a brain (and still has drawbacks ingame, just quite a bit less of an issue) I think I used it in most playthroughs at least for a little bit, it has a wide distribution (and on average 2 out of 3 starter lines per gen) of a pretty useful type and I believe it often comes up quite early.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Stealth Rock is decent for Doubles.

No, I'm sorry, but it's not. Stealth Rock comes with an absolutely massive momentum loss in the fast-paced Doubles metagame. In addition forcing switches in Doubles is more difficult, and switching in general is less common, so you're paying a much higher opportunity cost for a much lower payoff. It's objectively not "decent" for Doubles, it's borderline useless.

Julia Artemis

Leech life instead of Dig? Man Tm 28 has been dig since the start, and honestly despite it's suckiness at any opponent with a brain (and still has drawbacks ingame, just quite a bit less of an issue) I think I used it in most playthroughs at least for a little bit, it has a wide distribution (and on average 2 out of 3 starter lines per gen) of a pretty useful type and I believe it often comes up quite early.

Also dig was the only decent early-mid game ground move. Until you could learn Earthquake it was very useful.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
It is really odd, they should expand the count to 150 at this point.

I am pretty sure most of those will come back as Move Tutors, though. They are just too common and significant to get rid of.
Flash can be gone for all I care... not sure Struggle Bug is a huge deal what with Bug Buzz and all, and Incinerate has a niche but still not all that prominent. Power Up Punch probably has to be a tutor though since it is a pretty decent move.

Screens are fairly common for stall in doubles.
Fairly to me still indicates it's not a huge factor, especially since a Stall team has never won any major competition to my knowledge...

I actually loved using Fly on Selfdestruct Voltorb and Koffings as back as Gen 1;-D
About the best usage for it back in the day outside of quick travel

I hope the kanto legendary birds get an upgrade of some sort, considering GF is still on the gen 1 hype train. Poor articuno :(
They aren't even in the regional Pokedex so it's not likely

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

Does it remain the same, or has it been buffed to level of Giga Drain/Drain Punch? I am guessing the latter.

Also dig was the only decent early-mid game ground move. Until you could learn Earthquake it was very useful.

Dig is decent in-game if you really want to use a specific Pokémon, like Arcanine, with more coverage.

In the OG days, it was just as powerful as Earthquake.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
I hope that one day Sky Drop will no longer be a TM.

I hope that one day Frustration will no longer be a TM.

Not only it completely goes against the Pokemon concept as a whole (they're meant to have a bond with you, not hate you to the max), but also, it's only useful in an extremely specific situation.

And oh, Confide. That move was useless.

Sulfurian

I can't wait if they'll show the shiny entry animation. Personally I didn't like the "pause" the game would do in gen 6. While yes, shinies are special, with them being more common with more tools I hope they tone the animation down just a slight bit. I do a lot of shiny breeding, and I liked how in older gens it was a very quick "bling" after being sent out.

Status
Not open for further replies.