• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheld999

so what if there actually more in the real games that what was in the demo codes

wilmawong

Are we thinking the new evolution item (Ice stone?) found in the newest datamine will be used to evolve Vulpix, Sandshrew and maybe Crabrawler?

sheld999

Are we thinking the new evolution item (Ice stone?) found in the newest datamine will be used to evolve Vulpix, Sandshrew and maybe Crabrawler?

most likely for vulpix but what if its also a new thing for eevee to help him/her into glaceon instead of training near icy rock

Genos

The Indigo Disk
No HMs and bikes.

What a time to be alive.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
I like that HMs are replaced. i remember saying all along though (as in years ago) that while HMs were clunky I wanted to see it replace with some system that still involved the Pokemon to get past obstacles, because that was the whole point of the game. I'm quite glad they went this route.

Let us all remember the humble bicycle.

I also hope Leech Life gets a boost given the TM status. 60 BP would be nice for technician Pokemon I suppose...

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters
Pokeride is a awesome replacement.

Yeah I was riding Tauros even when not needed. I like how you where your ride gear in battle also. I just hope riding a Tauros counts as egg steps as Tauros in charge mode is like Mach bike fast. (Tauros getting allot of love this gen)

Speaking of pokeride, none of the new pokemon scream ride able. Maybe the spider if its big enough? You'd think the generation that introduces Pokeride would design a gimmicky pokeride pokemon. Instead Tauros is the poster child.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
^We already did that with Gogoat, and IIRC one of the helmets has Pyukumuku design.

Edit: Nevermind, Endless told it.

Last edited:

sheld999

Yeah I was riding Tauros even when not needed. I like how you where your ride gear in battle also. I just hope riding a Tauros counts as egg steps as Tauros in charge mode is like Mach bike fast. (Tauros getting allot of love this gen)

Speaking of pokeride, none of the new pokemon scream ride able. Maybe the spider if its big enough? You'd think the generation that introduces Pokeride would design a gimmicky pokeride pokemon. Instead Tauros is the poster child.

also you can open gates with tarous to use the alley ways etc

We have Mudsdale though. Which seems to have similar functions to Tauros and has been shown being ridden quite a lot.

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters
Discuss the datamine of the Sun and Moon demo here

MOVES
  • There are 98 new moves introduced.
  • 29 of them are Z-Moves -- one for each type (18) & 11 are special/Pokémon-exclusive.
  • The power of the Z-Move vary depending on the base move. For example, Gigavolt Havoc from Thunderbolt has 175 base power. Nuzzle has 100 and is Physical. Electro Ball has 160 and is Special.
  • HMs are gone.
  • Majority of the TMs remain unchanged except for the following:
    - TM01 - Work Up (formerly Hone Claws)
    - TM28 - Leech Life (formerly Dig)
    - TM59 - ??? (formerly Incinerate)
    - TM67 - ??? (formerly Retaliate)
    - TM70 - ??? (formerly Flash)
    - TM76 - Fly (formerly Struggle Bug)
    - TM94 - Surf (formerly Rock Smash)
    - TM98 - Waterfall (formerly Power-Up Punch)
  • Paralysis now halves your Speed rather than dropping it to a third.
  • Thunder Wave's accuracy was reduced from 100 to 90.

• - Yay work-up is back. That's a good move to have in the early game
    - Leech Life? Really? I hope its been buffed then to replace Struggle Bug.
    - Fly, Surf and Waterfall so happy these 3 remained. Especially Waterfall.
    Loosing Incinerate, Retaliate , Flash and Rock Smash are ok with me. Power-Up Punch is abit sad, maybe it'll be a future move tutor move?
    Was kinda hoping that the terrain moves would be TMs. Again hopefully there's a tutor. They'll never become more integrated into game play if they continue with such limited distribution.

Thunder wave and Paralysis have been nurfed, that sucks. 90 is not that bad, same as toxic and still better than will o whisp. So I don't see it falling out of use.

keep forgetting about mudsadale

Exactly, so now when I think Pokeride I think Tauros.
    Mudsadale seems like its only used to walk across bumpy Terran, which I don't see being all that common.

Odd that Charizard is the flyer yet its not in the main game dex. Maybe it'll be the last one we unlock and only when we get the national dex. Speaking of the dex some of the poses are awesome, loving Krookodiles.
    EDIT: WAIT rotom is not in the dex either? When it is the dex?

Last edited:

sheld999

- Yay work-up is back. That's a good move to have in the early game
- Leech Life? Really? I hope its been buffed then to replace Struggle Bug.
- Fly, Surf and Waterfall so happy these 3 remained. Especially Waterfall.
Loosing Incinerate, Retaliate , Flash and Rock Smash are ok with me. Power-Up Punch is abit sad, maybe it'll be a future move tutor move?
Was kinda hoping that the terrain moves would be TMs. Again hopefully there's a tutor. They'll never become more integrated into game play if they continue with such limited distribution.

Thunder wave and Paralysis have been nurfed, that sucks. 90 is not that bad, same as toxic and still better than will o whisp. So I don't see it falling out of use.

Exactly, so now when I think Pokeride I think Tauros.
Mudsadale seems like its only used to walk across bumpy Terran, which I don't see being all that common.

Odd that Charizard is the flyer yet its not in the main game dex. Maybe it'll be the last one we unlock and only when we get the national dex. Speaking of the dex some of the poses are awesome, loving Krookodiles.
EDIT: WAIT rotom is not in the dex either? When it is the dex?

maybe charizard will be added to pokeflute system

Orphalesion

So now that it's confirmed that UBs are catchable anybody thinking of using one on their in-game team?

I'm not sure...I don't like using legendaries/one of a kind pokemon and it's probable UBs are just that. Yet at the same time I'm second-guessing about choosing Sun after all because I'd rather have Absorption than Beauty...

Status
Not open for further replies.