• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rampharos

"The battlefield got weird!
The weirdness disappeared from the battlefield!"

http://pastebin.com/r5KREWe0

What is this.

Edit:

"[VAR PKNICK(0000)] became fully charged due to its bond with its Trainer!
[VAR BD06(0000)]The wild [VAR PKNICK(0000)] became fully charged due to its bond!
[VAR BD06(0000)]The opposing [VAR PKNICK(0000)] became fully charged due to its bond with its Trainer!
[VAR BD06(0000)]Totem [VAR PKNICK(0000)] became fully charged due to its bond!
[VAR PKNICK(0000)] became Ash-Greninja!
The wild [VAR PKNICK(0000)] became Ash-Greninja!
The opposing [VAR PKNICK(0000)] became Ash-Greninja!
Totem [VAR PKNICK(0000)] became Ash-Greninja!
[VAR PKNICK(0000)] transformed into its Complete Forme!
[VAR BD06(0000)]The wild [VAR PKNICK(0000)] transformed into its Complete Forme!
[VAR BD06(0000)]The opposing [VAR PKNICK(0000)] transformed into its Complete Forme!
Totem [VAR PKNICK(0000)] transformed into its Complete Forme!
[VAR PKNICK(0000)] couldn’t fully protect itself and got hurt!
[VAR BD06(0000)]The wild [VAR PKNICK(0000)] couldn’t fully protect itself and got hurt!
[VAR BD06(0000)]The opposing [VAR PKNICK(0000)] couldn’t fully protect itself and got hurt!
[VAR BD06(0000)]Totem [VAR PKNICK(0000)] couldn’t fully protect itself and got hurt!"

"[VAR PKNICK(0000)] switched Speed with its target!
The wild [VAR PKNICK(0000)] switched Speed with its target!
The opposing [VAR PKNICK(0000)] switched Speed with its [VAR BD06(0000)]target!
Totem [VAR PKNICK(0000)] switched Speed with its target!
[VAR PKNICK(0000)] burned itself out!
The wild [VAR PKNICK(0000)] burned itself out!
The opposing [VAR PKNICK(0000)] burned itself out!
Totem [VAR PKNICK(0000)] burned itself out!"

???

Nice find. Placeholders for a bunch of new battle events.

So:
Some terrain/room effect. Thought psychic terrain at first, but looking at the text dump it definitely isn't.
Battle Bonds activation
Ash-Greninja transformation
Zygarde Complete Forme transformation

The last few are the most interesting
"Couldn't fully protect itself" perhaps a new ability that can do part damage even through protect/detect or even substitute.

"swapped speed" so a new stat-swapping move for speed. We have some similar moves.

"Burned itself out" This could be a few things. Maybe the drawback of a powerful attack. Maybe a reverse slow-start where the Pokemon comes out at full-strength but then loses it after a number of turns, necessitating a switch-out?

Exciting stuff :)

Found another interesting description in the text dump:

[VAR PKNICK(0000)] became trapped by the quicksand!
The wild [VAR PKNICK(0000)] became trapped by the quicksand!
The opposing [VAR PKNICK(0000)] became trapped by the quicksand!
Totem [VAR PKNICK(0000)] became trapped by the quicksand!

Maybe I'm blanking out but this didn't exist before, right? This must be a new move for the Palossand line. I'd say it's just a sand tomb variant.

Also:

[VAR PKNAME(0000)] called its ally Pokémon!
...[WAIT 20] ...[WAIT 20] ...[WAIT 20]
Its help didn’t appear!

Totem Pokemon can fail to summon allies, that's pretty funny.

Edit:
Can also see what other items will be given out in the demo. Balm mushroom and large pearl will be among the freebies.

Last edited by a moderator:

sheld999

Maybe I'm blanking out but this didn't exist before, right? This must be a new move for the Palossand line. I'd say it's just a sand tomb variant.

Also:

[VAR PKNAME(0000)] called its ally Pokémon!
...[WAIT 20] ...[WAIT 20] ...[WAIT 20]
Its help didn’t appear!

Totem Pokemon can fail to summon allies, that's pretty funny.

Edit:
Can also see what other items will be given out in the demo. Balm mushroom and large pearl will be among the freebies.

interesting hmmmmm

YOOMTAH

Let's dance~
I'm thinking that the new Pokéball is made for catching the Ultra Beasts. It's shown to release a Pikipek, but it's not unthinkable that the ball is, albeit being usable on Pokémon, the only thing that can catch an Ultra Beast

I'm thinking that the new Pokéball is made for catching the Ultra Beasts. It's shown to release a Pikipek, but it's not unthinkable that the ball is, albeit being usable on Pokémon, the only thing that can catch an Ultra Beast
Yeah, I hope they aren't guaranteed captures against Ultra Beasts. If that's the case I'm guessing you battle them once during the story and then get to catch them post-game, but it would still take the fun out of catching them.
Worth nothing that there aren't any new lines regarding capturing in the text leaks, and no empty slot in close vicinity:
Oh no! The Pokémon broke free!
Aww! It appeared to be caught!
Aargh! Almost had it!
Gah! It was so close, too!
Gotcha! [VAR PKNAME(0000)] was caught!
[VAR PKNAME(0000)]’s data was added to the Pokédex.
The Trainer blocked your Poké Ball! Don’t be a thief!

On a different note I'm not sure if has been brought up:
[VAR TRNAME(0000)] came to the rescue and restored [VAR PKNICK(0001)]’s health!
I can definitely see this being a major plot point.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

Original line was "trapped in Sand Tomb", which no longer exists, so this text has replaced that.

Edit: There are also 42 new abilities including revealed, which strongly implies some of UBs and most of the species will have unique abilities.

Edit 2:
Pretty much, the ball has a piss poor catch rate against common mons.

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I saw something in there about a totem pokemon using a move called hyperspace something (I think that's what it was). Is this a new move or one of those legends only moves I never heard of.

I saw something in there about a totem pokemon using a move called hyperspace something (I think that's what it was). Is this a new move or one of those legends only moves I never heard of.

Hyperspace Hole and Hyperspace Fury. Both Hoopa's signature moves.
Doesn't mean anything, all moves have a line set up in case a Totem uses said move, probably just to prevent the game from crashing.

yefluke

Dizzy Trainer
So it is finally confirm that UBs are catchable ( with the special ball)

I hope they will get actual pokemon name at the end of story.

Can wait to use 'UB02-Absoption' lol

Pancham4life

I am Shadow the Pup!
The hyperspace hole/fury may mean that one of the totem Pokemon have it or have metronome... interesting

Rowlet

So 11 unique Z-moves any guesses on who will get them?

My guess is

Pikachu
Eevee
Raichu
Snorlax
Psyduck
Rowlet3
Litten3
Popplio3
Lycanroc(Both forms have the same one)
Solgaleo
Lunala

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters
So did Ash-Greninja have a shiny form sprite?

And are Cosplay pikachu in the game? Otherwise I'll need a new Pikachu for when I transfer my living Dex over from bank.

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters
not sure prob does but mostly shinylock in demo

Would it not have been in the dex sprite models?

We don't know at the moment.
Greninja isn't actually in the regional dex, so we don't have the preview images of its model like everything else.

Ah, Nevermind. Thank you.

Akashin

Jesus... can't you people accept ANY criticism? This ins't nitpicking. This is MAJOR. No gyms is MAJOR. No HMs is MAJOR.

Let me effing dislike something, would you?

I didn't tell you to like the new coat of paint; I couldn't possibly care less about that if I tried.

So, no HMs. Maybe next gen they'll get rid of wild encounters. *sighs and rubs temples*

No, see, they have to do this in bits and pieces. Next it'll be TMs, then Key Items, then Wild Battles and finally Trainers, until we're left with a Pokemon Breeding Simulator.

Or maybe, just maybe, the decision to convert HMs into PokeRide isn't the first sign of the utter collapse of Pokemon games as we know them and isn't worth nearly the amount of ridiculous overreacting you're giving it.

Status
Not open for further replies.