• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huckleberry

Poison Trainer
I find it disappointing that Komala, Minior, Ribombee didn't evolve. Has anyone noticed we literally didn't get a Dark-type yet, unless the unannounced Pokémon are a part of typing? Alolan Forms are buffed with Dark-type instead. Ribombee, Minior, Komala don't evolve, but Crabrawler does? (Crabrawler evolution is the only unpleasing design for me in Gen VII).

Salandit evolutions does look like it is gender-based evolution, but then again it is a bit underwhelming? I think my expectations were quite high after Medusa and Cleopatra references, but it could have gone a different route. Wimpod evolution looks outstanding, as well as the in-game 3D models of Litten3 and Poppmaid. It seems like they got their unique moves as well; Throat Cut, Aurora Veil and Lester(?).

I don't literally know what is more to reveal that point onwards. But, I'm very happy with designs and what Sun and Moon offers so far. Sure there are few disappointments about evolutions, but it is OK.

1. We don't know typings yet.
2. Litten3 still likely to be Fire/Dark

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
How do we even know that?

We don't know the types of these new pokemon yet.
Few scream Ice type in general... but since they wiped out typings and stats... we have a whole month to speculate

noakai

I'm pretty sure this is what to expect going forward. Somehwere around 80 completely new ones, and around 20 or so "forms" of older Pokemon whether it's regional forms or Megas or something else they make, and also a Pokemon with lots of recolors (Vivillon, Minior).

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
I don't know why, but I find Shiny Zygarde 10& rather calming.

CvCKQ0DWEAAiImz.png

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
I could probably name almost every single Unova Pokemon if I had to... it's hardly the most forgettable generation. Just because the anime failed to do it justice doesn't mean the game was a flop lol (Not calling you out for any of this btw)

Stuff like this from xy and now sun and moon with glorifying gen 1, missed potential with lack of evolutions, etc really makes me appreciate gen 5 a lot. I like a lot of designs this gen overall, but it just feels like for some reason Gamefreak didn't want to make more.

Owltie

Not that it's safe to assume there's a third version, but given the similarities between Marshadow Lunala and Solgaleo forms, it's possible that they hold it over our heads this game, and then give some epic full-powered form in the third version as the mascot. It would be more interesting than doing the same new form thing they've done for the past three third game Legendaries (counting Zygarde)

Personally, I just can't bring myself to count Alola Forms as new Pokemon. I know they essentially are as far as the way they battle go, but in name and design, two things that are very important to me, they're just not.

I just don't see Marshadow holding similarities with the galactic core forms of the box legends. They're little balls of cosmic energy. Marshadow is humanoid in the same small, pixie way that literally EVERY little legend has embodied. Sorry, but I can't believe anything different.

SoulSilver Eric

Geodudes line looks fantastic.
Was kinda hoping for split evo's among the starters.
Alot more ultra beast then what I thought was going to be available.

blue8arman

Castform Fanatic
Woah! I just take a nap and everything goes Bwah! Alolan Persian disappointed me probably because I expect too much. Alolan Geodude line got eyebrows, sweet. Pikachu with Ash's hat, more like Cosplay Pikachu. The Guardian deities looks amazing especially the one like an inkling. Ultrabeasts, uh, they're aliens right? Too much spoiler, can't handle!

Crystal Power

Also I realized my link did not work for all the new pokemon. This one should work. Thanks to reddit user BlackpearlWhiterose again.

All Generation 7 pokemon:

http://i.imgur.com/MhZjdAM.png
This is very much appreciated. Thanks for bringing it back up!

I wish there was more data at least on the trainers, but I suppose thats it for now. But is there any chance we might be missing something???

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Given that there are no major event Pokémon this gen, this practically confirms that this genertion will be extremely short-lived.

Xblade13

Experimentalist
Few scream Ice type in general... but since they wiped out typings and stats... we have a whole month to speculate

I'm fairly certain that Crabrawler's evolved and the "bubble" spider are both Ice, and Marshadow is Dark.

Also, if the UBs are catchable, then they must have types.

Crystal Power

Also, what about returning old Pokemon we can catch in Alola?

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Given that there are no major event Pokémon this gen, this practically confirms that this genertion will be extremely short-lived.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if there is only one (or two) more games for this gen next year and then gen 8 on the nx in 2018.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

That's an interesting thought. One possibility that crossed my mind though, what if they turn event Pokemon in DLC in order to hide them until their release?

Giratina93

King of the Koopas

That might not be the case. For all we know, they might patch in the Events as they come out to keep people from leaking them early like what happened in Gen 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.