• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

2dtyplosion

Never were, but the thing is it was so blatantly obvious that the lack of new Pokemon in Gen 6 is what disappointed people. For them to repeat this isn't a good sign at all, and will only upset more people.

Like they could've gone without that hideous Alolan Diglett line and given us two new Pokemon, like an evolution for Pyukumuku and Komala. It kinda feels like those two forms in particular is a giant "Why not what do we have to lose lololol".

Anything would have been better. Someone was drunk when they designed Alolan Dugtrio.

marumaruko

Ghost Trainer
I still think that not every Pokemon sprite was put in the demo, for whatever reason and there will be a few more Pokemon that will be revealed later. But if not, then I'll be content with what we get and will catch older Pokemon, as well. Plus I really like some of the Alolan forms like Raichu and Muk (great typing).

noakai

Did anyone confirm whether or not Throat Chop, Aurora Veil and Laser Focus were indeed the starter evo's signature moves or was that just something someone speculated?

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Is it just me, or none of the Tapus and/or Ultra Beasts resemble the Strange Souvenir?

I agree. Just thinking it could be their closed-forms, but it is indeed strange that they don't look like the souvenir.

Given that there are no major event Pokémon this gen, this practically confirms that this genertion will be extremely short-lived.

Depends. Magearna is mythical, perhaps Marshadow as well. Put some of UB's in it, you can actually have three seperate movies.

1. Lunala and Solgaleo.
2. Marshadow.
3. Unobtainable, event, UB's.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Most likely two, unless they want to compress D/P remake into 1 game lol.

I'd be down for that if only because that means it would be a Platinum remake instead of Diamond and Pearl, and as such, would focus on Giratina, my favorite Pokemon.

Gohankuten

So there are very few 3-line Pokemon Families and many single stage Pokemon.
It's quite sad.
I'm wondering if it's possible that they are not all the new Mons but time will show.

On the brights side, we get to see the Pokemon:)

I'm hoping that maybe GF have somehow hidden more Mons and maybe the apparent forgetting to scrub the shiny sprites was actually on purpose to give us something to look at and then hit us with surprise Mons that were kept hidden.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
So, I recounted and I think it's pretty safe to say those cute little box legendaries aren't pre-evos, but just alternate forms.

Counting those two as pokemon would increase the total to 83.

DrakeKoryu

I actually was expecting more Alola Form pokémon, tbh

yefluke

Dizzy Trainer
worst case is that. they don't count UBs as pokemon,

so it will be only 71, the fewest new pokemons so far.

willprogresivo

Creepy Uncle
You guys realize that aside from the guardians, ultra beasts and the potential mew, only five evolutions and 3 unreleased pokemon lines have not been oficially shown in the trailers?

Last edited:

Genos

The Indigo Disk
Aside from the Guardians, UBs, and evos from the ones we know about. The only new Pokemon hasn't been revealed are the TCG art line (little and big sea urchin), the little and big spider line, and the anchor-like Pokemon.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
I'd be down for that if only because that means it would be a Platinum remake instead of Diamond and Pearl, and as such, would focus on Giratina, my favorite Pokemon.

Not sure why people are expecting DP remakes this gen. Just like with gen 2 and 3 remakes, gamefreak would wait until the next console gen to do that.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
So, I recounted and I think it's pretty safe to say those cute little box legendaries aren't pre-evos, but just alternate forms.

Counting those two as pokemon would increase the total to 83.

Honestly, I'm glad to hear that. I didn't like the idea of them as pre-evolutions.

Tropios

':o Me is stinky??'
Never were, but the thing is it was so blatantly obvious that the lack of new Pokemon in Gen 6 is what disappointed people. For them to repeat this isn't a good sign at all, and will only upset more people.

Like they could've gone without that hideous Alolan Diglett line and given us two new Pokemon, like an evolution for Pyukumuku and Komala. It kinda feels like those two forms in particular is a giant "Why not what do we have to lose lololol".
Eh, if anything, having 2 consecutive gens with less than 100 pokemon, makes me less upset about the whole thing because it's obviously a conscious decision to slow down, rather than a product of lack of time.

Alolan Dugtrio is amazing in all its hilariousness. I really wanted Pyukumuku to get an evo, but I prefer to appreciate all the great things we got rather than get worked up about the things we didn't get.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
You guys realize that aside from the guardians, ultra beasts and the potential mew, only five evolutions and 3 unreleased pokemon lines have been but officially shown in the trailers?

That is pretty sad. I mean we would have found out anyway, but they basically are showing almost every pokemon off officially now. There is going to be at least one more big trailer that will likely show off some more.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
I've got an itching feeling there may be more Alolan forms? IDK 18 just seems pathetic compared to the near 30 individual megas that were made for XY. Like some of the Alolan forms seem to have little to no effort put into them like Diglett/Dugtrio, Geodude/Graveler, Persian, etc... Plus, they don't add on to the dex unlike actual new Pokemon.

Plus there's so many Pokemon in Gen 1 that definitely seem worthy of an Alolan Form like Seel/Dewgong, Ekans/Arbok, Mankey/Primeape, Paras/Parasect, Butterfree, Farfetch'd, Shellder/Cloyster, Koffing/Weezing etc...

Those ones have so much more potential than a Dugtrio with wigs...

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
So, I think I've figured out why there are so many Ice and Dark Alolan forms.

I think the Ultra Beasts are the new pokemon with these types. Not all of them, of course. Now, if only the Ultra Beasts hold Ice and Dark typings, that means there would be no new Dark and Ice-types in the wild. Therefore, something has to fill the void. Why not Alolan forms?

Xuxuba

Assuming is what causes people to be disappointed. There were never any official statements that Alola would have a huge amount of new pokemon.

I never believed those people who kept saying they were certain Sun & Moon would have more than around 80 new pokemon (which was the amount of new pokemons one of the leakers said SM would have). Even though i expected something like that, it still makes me sad anyway.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Not sure why people are expecting DP remakes this gen. Just like with gen 2 and 3 remakes, gamefreak would wait until the next console gen to do that.

I've always thought that was more coincidence than anything else myself. I'm convinced that Gen 5 skipped the Hoenn remakes because they wanted to move onto the 3DS, and because Gen 5 was extremely Unova-centric, so remakes of another region would go against the theme.

Now of course, if they want to move onto the NX as fast as possible, it is a very real possibility they may hold out on Gen 4 remakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.