• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

marumaruko

Ghost Trainer
These prior-gen Pokemon are only those who have sprites in the demo.
So I can only deduce that these Pokemon are those only part of the Alolan Regional Dex.

[spoil]Caterpie
Metapod
Butterfree
Rattata
Raticate
Spearow
Fearow
Pikachu
Raichu
Sandshrew
Sandslash
Clefairy
Clefable
Vulpix
Ninetales
Jigglypuff
Wigglytuff
Zubat
Golbat
Paras
Parasect
Diglett
Dugtrio
Meowth
Persian
Psyduck
Golduck
Mankey
Primeape
Growlithe
Arcanine
Poliwag
Poliwhirl
Poliwrath
Abra
Kadabra
Alakazam
Machop
Machoke
Machamp
Tantacool
Tentacruel
Geodude
Graveler
Golem
Slowpoke
Slowbro
Magnemite
Magneton
Grimer
Muk
Shellder
Cloyster
Gastly
Haunter
Gengar
Drowzee
Hypno
Exeggcute
Exeggutor
Cubone
Marowak
Chansey
Kangaskhan
Goldeen
Seaking
Staryu
Starmie
Scyther
Electabuzz
Magmar
Pinsir
Tauros
Magikarp
Gyarados
Lapras
Ditto
Eevee
Vaporeon
Jolteon
Flareon
Porygon
Aerodactyl
Snorlax
Dratini
Dragonair
Dragonite

Ledyba
Ledian
Spinarak
Ariados
Crobat
Chinchou
Lanturn
Pichu
Cleffa
Igglybuff
Sudowoodo
Politoed
Espeon
Umbreon
Murkrow
Slowking
Misdreavus
Snubull
Granbull
Scizor
Sneasel
Corsola
Delibird
Skarmory
Porygon2
Smeargle
Elekid
Magby
Miltank
Blissey

Wingull
Pelipper
Surskit
Masquerain
Makuhita
Hariyama
Nosepass
Sableye
Carvanha
Sharpedo
Wailmer
Wailord
Torkoal
Spinda
Trapinch
Vibrava
Flygon
Barboach
Whiscash
Feebas
Milotic
Castform
Absol
Snorunt
Glalie
Relicanth
Luvdisc
Bagon
Shelgon
Salamence
Beldum
Metang
Metagross

Cranidos
Rampardos
Shieldon
Bastiodon
Shellos
Gastrodon
Drifloon
Drifblim
Mismagius
Honchkrow
Bonsly
Happiny
Gible
Gabite
Garchomp
Munchlax
Riolu
Lucario
Finneon
Lumineon
Weavile
Magnezone
Electivire
Magmortar
Leafeon
Glaceon
Porygon-Z
Probopass
Froslass

Lillipup
Herdier
Stoutland
Roggenrola
Boldore
Gigalith
Cottonee
Whimsicott
Petilil
Lilligant
Sandile
Krokorok
Krookodile
Tirtouga
Carracosta
Archen
Archeops
Trubbish
Garbodor
Vanillite
Vanillish
Vanniluxe
Emolga
Alomomola
Rufflet
Braviary
Vullaby
Mandibuzz

Fletchling
Fletchinder
Talonflame
Pancham
Pangoro
Sylveon
Carbink
Goomy
Sliggoo
Goodra
Klefki
Phantump
Trevenant
Zygarde[/spoil]

Total of 221 old Pokemon (including those with Alolan Forms)

OMG :/
No Aron line and no Bouffalant. I so wished they would be in this game, whether it's in-game or post-game.

As for the older Pokemon I get the feeling that's definite.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
That's exactly what people said about Megas and the Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire demo.

With only the difference that ORAS demo is their first attempt and they failed. Not Dex information only, but we get pretty much everything about the games from the start to end. Comparing it with S/M, we only get the Dex leak; no typing, no stats, no names. Perhaps, they indeed learned from their previous mistake and will surprise us with future releases, although my expectation is not too high.

willprogresivo

Creepy Uncle
I didn't. It's 34 standard families, not counting the ub, legendaries and the arceus clone. I only choose current-gen non-legendary pokemon, so my choices are really limited. I remember in gen5 i nearly spent more time choosing my team than playing the game itself. So many choices.

Xuxuba

The shinies don't look that good (but they rarely do tbh).

I liked a few of them though, such as shiny Lunala, shiny Bruxish, shiny Mudbray and shiny Formantis.

roserade the warrior

Ok:
  • Alolan persian is ugly... Nothing of what I expected.
  • Alolan digglet and dugtrio are just... going to be mocked for generations to come as the worst and laziest design ever. I really do like the concept of alolan forms, but this is just a joke, the same with alolan grimer. What is next? Alolan voltorb? Alolan forms had such potential... but they decided to just put wigs on pokemon, ala megaAmpharos.
  • Wimpods evo is quite the spectacular show... it seems so weird that there is no inbetween. Is either a scaredy bug or a hunter vs alien monster xD.
  • There is an anchor pokemon, I am guessing ghost/water, but could be ghost/steel or water/steel. Either way it is weird.
  • Pyukumuku doesnt evolve. Drampa does not have a pre-evo. THAT is disappointing.
  • Marshadow is not what I expected, but at the same time I cannot say I was surprised, I mean, we needed our cute legend. My question is, what would be its typing? Almost all cute legends have been part psychic with only a few exceptions (manaphy and shaymin come to mind).
  • The toucan is cool, a shame we dont have a fully evolved woodpecker now :/.
  • Shiny UB-02 beauty got some black leggings to brag about xD. Also, it seems ultra beast are catchable, why put the effort on shiny forms if not?
  • I was hoping we would have gotten a grass totem, but instead we got the expected psychic, ghost and fire (I am guessing fire at least). At least the pink and purple ones are cute. Also, it seems our "dolphin" is the purple tapu koko... This leaks only disappointed me TT_TT
  • We got Aurora veil (a wonderful merge of reflect and light screen in one attack, or ability, I dont know), it seems that it is going to be ice type (taking in account aurora beam) and also seems to be a way to up the usability of aurorus (it seems they like the fossil), and also psychic terrain (yay, a psychic boost, also priority moves dont work on this terrain, I think that should have been added to "trick room", but oh well, in any case, they are trying really hard to take down the priority moves reign xD). Now, the fire tapu probably has either drought or maybe misty terrain. But the purple tapu may have "ghost terrain", misty terrain (in case fire tapu has drought) or maybe drizzle and the purple tapu is actually water/fairy and not ghost/fairy as I suggest (is similar to a dolphin after all). And also we got throat chop, the name is quite interesting, but it seems hyper voice is also a problem in their eyes.

This leaks led me to a roller coaster, I loved it (wimpods evo!) and hated it (alolan digglet and persian, no more words...)

Last edited:

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
That's really honestly not a good excuse. They had xy, and oras to "get used to it". Look at just other 3ds games that have tons and tons of content in them. What will happen when they get to the nx and it is a brand new engine again that is even more advanced? Will there be 50 pokemon in gen 8?

Dude, the Pokémon main games games have always moved in baby steps.

Why do you think it took 17 years to get to the first 3D game? The first remnants of any 3D rendering didn't show up until Gen 4. We didn't get an actual 3D game until Gen 6.

Before the 3D era, it was easy to cram a bunch of pokemon into a single game, because it was just sprites, and in most games they didn't even move. Now they're taking on a whole new field, and as with everything else in the series, they're going slowly. It is to be expected.

Yce288

Grass type FTW
These prior-gen Pokemon are only those who have sprites in the demo.
So I can only deduce that these Pokemon are those only part of the Alolan Regional Dex.

[spoil]Caterpie
Metapod
Butterfree
Rattata
Raticate
Spearow
Fearow
Pikachu
Raichu
Sandshrew
Sandslash
Clefairy
Clefable
Vulpix
Ninetales
Jigglypuff
Wigglytuff
Zubat
Golbat
Paras
Parasect
Diglett
Dugtrio
Meowth
Persian
Psyduck
Golduck
Mankey
Primeape
Growlithe
Arcanine
Poliwag
Poliwhirl
Poliwrath
Abra
Kadabra
Alakazam
Machop
Machoke
Machamp
Tantacool
Tentacruel
Geodude
Graveler
Golem
Slowpoke
Slowbro
Magnemite
Magneton
Grimer
Muk
Shellder
Cloyster
Gastly
Haunter
Gengar
Drowzee
Hypno
Exeggcute
Exeggutor
Cubone
Marowak
Chansey
Kangaskhan
Goldeen
Seaking
Staryu
Starmie
Scyther
Electabuzz
Magmar
Pinsir
Tauros
Magikarp
Gyarados
Lapras
Ditto
Eevee
Vaporeon
Jolteon
Flareon
Porygon
Aerodactyl
Snorlax
Dratini
Dragonair
Dragonite

Ledyba
Ledian
Spinarak
Ariados
Crobat
Chinchou
Lanturn
Pichu
Cleffa
Igglybuff
Sudowoodo
Politoed
Espeon
Umbreon
Murkrow
Slowking
Misdreavus
Snubull
Granbull
Scizor
Sneasel
Corsola
Delibird
Skarmory
Porygon2
Smeargle
Elekid
Magby
Miltank
Blissey

Wingull
Pelipper
Surskit
Masquerain
Makuhita
Hariyama
Nosepass
Sableye
Carvanha
Sharpedo
Wailmer
Wailord
Torkoal
Spinda
Trapinch
Vibrava
Flygon
Barboach
Whiscash
Feebas
Milotic
Castform
Absol
Snorunt
Glalie
Relicanth
Luvdisc
Bagon
Shelgon
Salamence
Beldum
Metang
Metagross

Cranidos
Rampardos
Shieldon
Bastiodon
Shellos
Gastrodon
Drifloon
Drifblim
Mismagius
Honchkrow
Bonsly
Happiny
Gible
Gabite
Garchomp
Munchlax
Riolu
Lucario
Finneon
Lumineon
Weavile
Magnezone
Electivire
Magmortar
Leafeon
Glaceon
Porygon-Z
Probopass
Froslass

Lillipup
Herdier
Stoutland
Roggenrola
Boldore
Gigalith
Cottonee
Whimsicott
Petilil
Lilligant
Sandile
Krokorok
Krookodile
Tirtouga
Carracosta
Archen
Archeops
Trubbish
Garbodor
Vanillite
Vanillish
Vanniluxe
Emolga
Alomomola
Rufflet
Braviary
Vullaby
Mandibuzz

Fletchling
Fletchinder
Talonflame
Pancham
Pangoro
Sylveon
Carbink
Goomy
Sliggoo
Goodra
Klefki
Phantump
Trevenant
Zygarde[/spoil]

Total of 221 old Pokemon (including those with Alolan Forms)

Wait, does that mean that Greninja isnt part of Alolan Regional Dex?

B. Thunder Tiger

Isn't it possible that some of Pokémon are intentionally removed from the demo?

Actually its very possible, and likely very is, because hasn't anyone noticed that Silvally is missing from that datamine? As well Zygarde? If this was the full thing, why haven't they added them yet We already know about them, so they're not spoilers.

What is even Crabrawler's evolution?

What a waste of a fantastic design.

Its likely the snowman/yeti leak done by the Chinese leak I suppose. Ice/Fighting? At least that is what I think. I can be wrong.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Actually its very possible, and likely very is, because hasn't anyone noticed that Silvally is missing from that datamine? As well Zygarde? If this was the full thing, why haven't they added them yet We already know about them, so they're not spoilers.

Neither are missing, actually.

We got their pics early on, Zygarde in particular.

Tropios

':o Me is stinky??'
That's really honestly not a good excuse. They had xy, and oras to "get used to it". Look at just other 3ds games that have tons and tons of content in them. What will happen when they get to the nx and it is a brand new engine again that is even more advanced? Will there be 50 pokemon in gen 8?

You do realize that Sun and Moon use an updated, gridless graphic system we didn't have in the gen 6 games right? And why are you saying 'look at other 3DS games that have tons of content'? As if sun and moon don't have tons of content because it doesn't have 130 new pokemon...

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Dude, the Pokémon main games games have always moved in baby steps.

Why do you think it took 17 years to get to the first 3D game? The first remnants of any 3D rendering didn't show up until Gen 4. We didn't get an actual 3D game until Gen 6.

Before the 3D era, it was easy to cram a bunch of pokemon into a single game, because it was just sprites, and in most games they didn't even move. Now they're taking on a whole to field and as with everything else in the series, they're going slowly. It is to be expected.

I know and I agree with all of what you are saying....which is what I think one of the negatives of gamefreak is. Like the fact that there are apparently still some big issues with framerate, and they can't even get full 3d to work at all with the exception of some cutscenes honestly shows a weakness with them. It's going to be a big struggle if the nx is a massive leap in tech from the 3ds.

You do realize that Sun and Moon use an updated, gridless graphic system we didn't have in the gen 6 games right? And why are you saying 'look at other 3DS games that have tons of content'? As if sun and moon don't have tons of content because it doesn't have 130 new pokemon...

It's just in general, gamefreak seems like they are always a stepback with technology.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
I guess so. I don't see what's anymore "incomplete" about pyukumuku than, say, Farfetch'd or Stunfisk or Dunsparce or any number of other single stage pokemon. I just don't understand all the venom and bile just because some people's expectations weren't met.

Well yeah, did you not read my post entirely? I said that those two make older Pokemon that felt incomplete look fine.

See, I wasn't upset about not getting something in Gen 6.(Besides some megas, but that was just some personal views, everyone has those) I didn't have any issues with Gen 6 besides the awful story and progression.

Right now, I look at the Alolan Forms combined with the new Pokemon.(Assuming this is all of them.) XY had a total of... 71 new Pokemon and 28 Megas, in ORAS we got 20 more Megas, so if you count all of that together that's 119 new things. Not counting Megas from ORAS we have 99 new things. Gen 7 if this is everything, like I said, introduces 17 new Alola Forms, 81 new Pokemon. That equals 97 new things. That my friend, is a step down from Gen 6.

What I'm upset about is the fact in this small amount, they threw in obviously lazy designs. Gen 6 went all out with the designs of Megas and the new Pokemon, each and every one of them, hell, I'd say Mega Kangaskhan is totally excusable in comparison to some of the Alolan forms because it actually changed the design of the baby a lot.

What I said is that instead of giving us some of those lazy Alolan Forms, they could've expanded on some of the new Pokemon, or even given us just new Pokemon in general. They had the time. They didn't need to model 700+ Pokemon again and completely upgrade to a new engine.

Last edited:

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I know and I agree with all of what you are saying....which is what I think one of the negatives of gamefreak is. Like the fact that there are apparently still some big issues with framerate, and they can't even get full 3d to work at all with the exception of some cutscenes honestly shows a weakness with them. It's going to be a big struggle if the nx is a massive leap in tech from the 3ds.

No, this is the great thing about GameFreak.

They may rush everything else, but they take their time with the main games. They develop little by little, offering a new piece of graphic goodness with each generation. It is one of the main reasons the franchise has stood the test of time. We are always expecting something new graphically, and due to their small steps, they will always be able to deliver. Hence, new games.

Tropios

':o Me is stinky??'
Well yeah, did you not read my post entirely? I said that those two make older Pokemon that felt incomplete look fine.

See, I wasn't upset about not getting something in Gen 6.(Besides some megas, but that was just some personal views, everyone has those) I didn't have any issues with Gen 6 besides the awful story and progression.

Right now, I look at the Alolan Forms combined with the new Pokemon.(Assuming this is all of them.) XY had a total of... 71 new Pokemon and 28 Megas, in ORAS we got 20 more Megas, so if you count all of that together that's 119 new things. Not counting Megas from ORAS we have 99 new things. Gen 7 if this is everything, like I said, introduces 17 new Alola Forms, 81 new Pokemon. That equals 97 new things. That my friend, is a step down from Gen 6.

What I'm upset about is the fact in this small amount, they threw in obviously lazy designs. Gen 6 went all out with the designs of Megas and the new Pokemon, each and every one of them, hell, I'd say Mega Kangaskhan is totally excusable in comparison to some of the Alolan forms because it actually changed the design of the baby a lot.

Wut? Sorry but Gen 7 designs are some of the least lazy so far. We never got this many unique abilities and concepts tieing in with the designs before. Don't say they're lazy because some pokemon you wanted to evolve didn't.

Mudster

Master of the Legend
I'm hoping for the legendaries to not be shiny-locked. I need Solgaleo and a complete set of the Tapu's.

Also, top marks this generation. I know people whinge and moan when the numbers of new Pokémon don't exceed 100, but I'd rather have well designed and thought out creatures over a few more 'iffy' ones. I'm still going with Rowlet on my first Sun run through. My thoughts on newly leaked 'mons are:

- Starter Final Evos: Nice to get confirmation of what some suspected for a long time. I'm also liking the shiny variations
- Pikipek's line: Curveball as far as I'm concerned. Whilst I do like the Toucan in it's own right, I wonder what typing it will be. I'm leaning towards Normal/Flying still
- Salandit's evolution: Elegant. Has made me question now whether or not I want to run a first run through team of all 3 starters or use this instead
- Wimpod's evolution: Another excellent design. Given the design of one other revealed mon, I wonder if this will lose the Water typing
- Morelull's evolution: More on the average, but I quite like it still. Won't be using first time around
- Crabrawler's evolution: Please add Ice typing!
- Sea Urchin line: I'd like to see them animated, but I quite like what I see
- Anchor: I'm thinking ghost typing. Reminds me a bit of Aegislash
- Spider: I think this may be Bug/Water or Bug/Ice. I like this design
- Tapu's: Tapu Koko is still my favourite, and I really like their shiny forms
- Ultra Beasts: Out there as expected - I wonder if they will get typings?
- Solgaleo/Lunala: I'm intrigued as to the smaller creatures that seem to evolve into them. Plus Shiny Solgaleo is awesome
- Marshadow: Wasn't what I was expecting at all, wonder the typing.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Another thing is that there are 3 water pokemon besides popplio, and yet none of them evolve...one has a form. Like I really want to have a full team of new pokemon, but gamefreak is kind of making it hard to. I didn't even have a full kalos team in xy.

yefluke

Dizzy Trainer
Only 71-73 new pokemons (not include UBs) quite disappointed for me.

But i think there will be more thing to do in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.