• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yunova

Fairy User
Wait, does that mean that Greninja isnt part of Alolan Regional Dex?

Most starters aren't part of the regional dexes. No surprise there.

As for the leaks, I don't think I have been this disappointed. Ever.

Such a waste of great potential.

TRG

BEASTPOD might be my new favorite gen 7 design. Wimpod is officially the new Magikarp.

yefluke

Dizzy Trainer
it should be ...
71 New Pokémon
2 Unconfirm legendary forms (if it is just form or pre evo)
8 UBs
18 Alola Formes
3 New forms
0 New Mega Evolutions

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Another thing is that there are 3 water pokemon besides popplio, and yet none of them evolve...one has a form. Like I really want to have a full team of new pokemon, but gamefreak is kind of making it hard to. I didn't even have a full kalos team in xy.

Doesn't Wimpod evolve?

Also, I count at least four Water-types besides the Popplio line: Wishiwashi, Wimpod, Pyukumuku, and Bruxish.

roserade the warrior

Well yeah, did you not read my post entirely? I said that those two make older Pokemon that felt incomplete look fine.

See, I wasn't upset about not getting something in Gen 6.(Besides some megas, but that was just some personal views, everyone has those) I didn't have any issues with Gen 6 besides the awful story and progression.

Right now, I look at the Alolan Forms combined with the new Pokemon.(Assuming this is all of them.) XY had a total of... 71 new Pokemon and 28 Megas, in ORAS we got 20 more Megas, so if you count all of that together that's 119 new things. Not counting Megas from ORAS we have 99 new things. Gen 7 if this is everything, like I said, introduces 17 new Alola Forms, 81 new Pokemon. That equals 97 new things. That my friend, is a step down from Gen 6.

What I'm upset about is the fact in this small amount, they threw in obviously lazy designs. Gen 6 went all out with the designs of Megas and the new Pokemon, each and every one of them, hell, I'd say Mega Kangaskhan is totally excusable in comparison to some of the Alolan forms because it actually changed the design of the baby a lot.

What I said is that instead of giving us some of those lazy Alolan Forms, they could've expanded on some of the new Pokemon, or even given us just new Pokemon in general. They had the time. They didn't need to model 700+ Pokemon again and completely upgrade to a new engine.

Mega Ampharos, Lucario and venusaur beg to differ on being "new" designs. Also the MegaLatis, were really lazy: one for the both! Really? Also, I dont know if you counted UltraBeast, if not, that would add to 105 (8 of them). In any case, is true that some designs of alola forms were very lazy... well, MOST designs. The only ones I can really say they put a lot of effort into are sandslash, ninetails, raticate and maybe golem.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
From the black images from the dataminer I think there might be 7 totem pokemon in total

Only 6. Gumshoos and Raticate are version-exclusives.
Strange though... I guess Wishiwashi in Lana's trial isn't considered a Totem.

Or I would assume that not all trials would have us battle Totems...

2dtyplosion

Another thing is that there are 3 water pokemon besides popplio, and yet none of them evolve...one has a form. Like I really want to have a full team of new pokemon, but gamefreak is kind of making it hard to. I didn't even have a full kalos team in xy.

Same here. I ended up using Ferrothorn in x and y because of lack of new pokemon. I'm already using 2 1 stagers in my party (pom pom and Mimikyu) and i want my last spot for a steel type, but from the looks of it the only other steel type besides Togedemaru is that anchor (another 1 stager). I really don't want 3 single stage pokemon on my team.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
From the black images from the dataminer I think there might be 7 totem pokemon in total

Assuming Wishiwashi is a totem, I find it weird that there's no blank spot next to it. Yet version exclusive like Raticate and Gumshoos both have blank spot next to them.

Also, no Fire-type totem?

BLADEDGE

loves a puzzle
so, Other than Dartix's Final Stage (Since it's GRS/FLY), Do we have the final Typings for the other 2?

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
so, Other than Dartix's Final Stage (Since it's GRS/FLY), Do we have the final Typings for the other 2?

Nope. No Typings have been datamined.

WolfCypher

Wimpod........

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
So what the heck is the secret with the starters and Rockruff if not for the split evos?? Unless the Prof. is giving us a Rockruff as well, I can't see what else it could be.

Huckleberry

Poison Trainer
*sigh* Alright, it's bed time. I, for one, am very excited about this Gen and I can't wait for more details on the new pokemon. I don't understand the seemingly popular philosophy that a person's favorite pokemon were creative and required a lot of effort and the ones they don't like were just lazy and indicative of a quickly drying idea pool, but apparently I'm one of a small minority there, so I hope that most of you are simply hindsighting again and will eventually find things you like about the new stuff.

yefluke

Dizzy Trainer
*sigh* Alright, it's bed time. I, for one, am very excited about this Gen and I can't wait for more details on the new pokemon. I don't understand the seemingly popular philosophy that a person's favorite pokemon were creative and required a lot of effort and the ones they don't like were just lazy and indicative of a quickly drying idea pool, but apparently I'm one of a small minority there, so I hope that most of you are simply hindsighting again and will eventually find things you like about the new stuff.

this this this!

yuoke

Treasure huntin'

Where did anyone say that designs they don't like were lazy or uncreative? That really isn't an issue here. It's more an issue of disappointment and feeling of missed potential. If anything I personally am (or was) giving respect with liking so many designs.

Status
Not open for further replies.