• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semeru

The wimpod evo is... the pokemon I've always wanted as a bug type lover. I hope it retains its water type evolving, because there are no signs of water in its evolved form.
My full team for sun is set in stone :)

chess-z

campy vampire
What is even Crabrawler's evolution?

What a waste of a fantastic design.

It's a yeti crab. I think it's a perfectly acceptable yeti crab.

Why is everyone so salty? I'm a bit disappointed that there weren't more, but all of the designs have been pretty great. My excitement for Sun and Moon hasn't been diminished in the slightest.

phanpycross

God-king
It's a yeti crab. I think it's a perfectly acceptable yeti crab.

Why is everyone so salty? I'm a bit disappointed that there weren't more, but all of the designs have been pretty great. My excitement for Sun and Moon hasn't been diminished in the slightest.

Salty really has lost all meaning hasnt it?

DannyDiglett

No special treatment for SOLrock and LUNAtone?! What a missed chance... Sad there's still no dolphin Pokémon to be seen. And a Diglett with tufts of hair and a Dugtrio with wigs?? Come on! Game Freak has lost its creativity for Alolan forms apparantly...

Tropios

':o Me is stinky??'
Is anyone playing the demo though? I am and honestly even just this small part of the region makes up for the lack of new pokemon. It's impressive.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Wut? Sorry but Gen 7 designs are some of the least lazy so far. We never got this many unique abilities and concepts tieing in with the designs before. Don't say they're lazy because some pokemon you wanted to evolve didn't.

You ignored my point entirely. Did you skim and see 'lazy' and 'designs'? I was mostly referring to the Alolan forms there. Also, you can give a Pokemon a unique ability, concept, and typing and it can still be lazy. And before you accuse me of calling some Pokemon lazy with these traits, I'm not. I'm just saying that a unique ability, typing, and concept doesn't always translate into a job well done.

Plus I'm not going to make an excuse and call them lazy just because Pyukumuku and Komala don't evolve. That's pathetic. Did I want them to evolve? Komala, yes. Pyukumuku, could've cared less. I'm saying instead of working on the obviously lazy designs, they could've done something with some of the newer Pokemon that don't look complete or they could've given us new ones.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
No special treatment for SOLrock and LUNAtone?! What a missed chance... Sad there's still no dolphin Pokémon to be seen. And a Diglett with tufts of hair and a Dugtrio with wigs?? Come on! Game Freak has lost its creativity for Alolan forms apparantly...

Apparently the blue tiki is the dolphin, I guess the chinese leaker interpreted it as that since it is blue and has a fin thing.

Xuxuba

1rkhachatryan was referring to the secret in general, not the mistranslation of them sharing one.

They said Rockuff had a secret, the inclusion of the starters was the mistake. Therefore, the secret has been revealed, it's rockruff's split evolution.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member

ArtFenix

Very disappointed in this Gen's dex if that's all we're getting. Most of the mons are so generic and unimaginative while others are way too weird (island guardians, UBs). Alolan forms are a HUGE disappointment as well. If that was supposed to be Gen I pandering, it failed miserably, as most of these new forms look worse than their original forms. WTF is with the geodude, meowth and diglett lines?! They're ugly as hell!
From the leaked mons, the very few I do like are Wimpod's evo (one of the best pokemon this gen, IMO) and those weird marine pokemon. The rest are ranging from meh to ugh.

No mythical legendaries is very odd as is what Marshadow looks like. I'm pretty sure its real form is left for the inevitable third version or whatever they're planning to make to end Gen VII with.

So many monkeys, birds and terribly designed pokemon like that fish with teeth. Grass Pokemon that look like ripoffs of Lilligant and other grass type pokemon from previous Gens. Like, are they for real? I swear I've seen countless fakemon on deviantart that looke miles, miles better than the official pokemon of this Gen.

I'm indifferent to most of the shiny forms too, which doesn't usually happen.

The number of the new Pokemon is low as expected but since most of the alolan forms are this hideous, they should have ditched them and made some new pokemon that actually look decent.

I dunno, guys. When I first saw the whole Gen VI dex, I didn't really like most of the designs but I didn't really dislike them either. This is not the case here, unfortunately. I am starting to think they aren't as much running out of ideas as they are getting incredibly lazy with making new designs, because who the heck cares, people will eat this stuff anyway and the games will bring in tons of money.

Still hoping the region and the game as a whole is a lot better than Kalos. Will try the demo once I get back home from work. I will make a playthrough video and upload it on my channel, if anyone's interested.

TRG

Swolepod is either remaining water/bug or is pure bug... Most likely the former. Hard to see it as anything else... MAYBE Bug/Rock?

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
They said Rockuff had a secret, the inclusion of the starters was the mistake. Therefore, the secret has been revealed, it's rockruff's split evolution.

No, corocoro said that rockruff has a secret. Then it said the starters also have a secret. They just don't share the secret.

chess-z

campy vampire
Salty used to be exclusive to someone getting pissed about losing, usually in something 1v1. Now anytime anyone gets disappointed at all or criticizes something, it's considered salty.

Well, salty also implies a sense of entitlement, and seems like all of the salty people here felt entitled to "more creative pokemon" or just "more pokemon".

Tropios

':o Me is stinky??'
You ignored my point entirely. Did you skim and see 'lazy' and 'designs'? I was mostly referring to the Alolan forms there. Also, you can give a Pokemon a unique ability, concept, and typing and it can still be lazy. And before you accuse me of calling some Pokemon lazy with these traits, I'm not. I'm just saying that a unique ability, typing, and concept doesn't always translate into a job well done.

Plus I'm not going to make an excuse and call them lazy just because Pyukumuku and Komala don't evolve. That's pathetic. Did I want them to evolve? Komala, yes. Pyukumuku, could've cared less. I'm saying instead of working on the obviously lazy designs, they could've done something with some of the newer Pokemon that don't look complete or they could've given us new ones.

You said that at least they went all out on designs in gen 6, implying the quality of designs this gen is less than that of the previous one and I just disagreed with that completely.

2dtyplosion

It said the starters have a secret too. Not necessarily the same but they do have some kind of secret.

Julia Artemis

So what the heck is the secret with the starters and Rockruff if not for the split evos?? Unless the Prof. is giving us a Rockruff as well, I can't see what else it could be.

My guess is seperate secret. Rockruff has multiple forms. The Starters have the Battle Bond ability

Status
Not open for further replies.