• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Apparently the blue tiki is the dolphin, I guess the chinese leaker interpreted it as that since it is blue and has a fin thing.

I guess that'll have to do then. Was hoping for an actual Dolphin. The island guardian Pokemon do look really great though, so can't complain. Even if the Bull one has a silly pose. x)

I can't wait to see them 'stacked' like an actual Totem.

You said that at least they went all out on designs in gen 6, implying the quality of designs this gen is less than that of the previous one and I just disagreed with that completely.

That has to do with what now? Of course there'll be a couple of Pokemon that people don't really appreciate or like. Latios/Latias were great! Except you know, they're the exact same. I'm sure if Latias was different from Latios, then nobody would complain right? Just because they share a design doesn't immediately make the design itself lazy. The design is very reminiscent of what the two are based on and it works great.

Gen 6's Pokemon designs and most of the mega designs were greatly expanded on and didn't just add a wig or three to the Pokemon, nor did they slap on some colored spikes and in the end have some giant magnet on the back with some facial hair. Get my point now?

Last edited:

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Well, salty also implies a sense of entitlement, and seems like all of the salty people here felt entitled to "more creative pokemon" or just "more pokemon".

Being disappointed isn't entitlement. People also misused the word of entitled just like salty.

Ajduk

No mega Flygon?
It seems that faith wants you to remain in the pokemon bank forever, my legitimately bred 6 iv untouched jolly trapinch. :(
I love all the sprites :) this gen really doesn't have a single pokemon that bothers me..well, there is. Littens stage 2 evolution bothers me to no end.
Is there anything datamined about post game content?

chess-z

campy vampire
Being disappointed isn't entitlement. People also misused the word of entitled just like salty.

I guess. But words can take on new meanings as more people use them, so I stand by my usage of salty.

As far as I know, there is no data about the postgame.

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
So many mixed feelings here. I have to say I love most of the designs, but there are (as always) some bad apples (in my opinion, of course).

I'm really glad Wimpod became the beast we all hoped. He goes straight on my team. I just hope he remains Bug/Water.
Alolan Geodude/Graveler/Golem look badass. I'm hoping for Rock/Electric.
I actually love A-Dugtrio. It is so ridiculous, just as Dugtrio always has been, and the surfer dude theme is such a fantastic fit. I don't see what could have changed about their types though. I'm hoping the "hair" is some kind of dry grass and they're actually Ground/Grass.
I've believed the final starters since Mallow was announced, but I'm glad we finally have confirmation. Their sprites looks so good!
I was never convinced Crabrawler was standalone, and evolving into a yeti crab was an awesome direction to go. I hope he is Fighting/Ice, as others have suggested.
The new lines - bubble-crab, sea urchin, and anchor - look very cool. I am keen to see typings and some flavour text. Not so blown away to consider changing my team right now.
Prevo/smaller forms of the legends are really interesting. Right now I'm on board with the idea that they may be the "other version" forms, as we know Solgaleo and Lunala's power is exerted over all of Alola in Sun and Moon, respectively, so maybe they overpower their counterpart. Or alternatively, maybe they are more flavourful equivalents to the Red and Blue orbs/Black and White stones.
All the Tapus look really cool, and I love the totem face shell theme.

I hate A-Persian with a passion. It is so bad. I don't know what explanation they could possibly give to make me like it. Which really sucks, because I actually like regular Persian and I really wanted a viable version of it. Worst of all (okay, maybe its fat head is worse), it seems to be pure Dark too. So not even special in that regard.
Pikipek becomes a fat stork and then a giant toucan. Wtf. Not only does this mean we don't get a fully evolved woodpecker, or my dream Steel/Flying region bird, but they look like they stay Normal/Flying, and I've had enough of that at this point. I just hope Vikavolt does for region bugs what Talonflame did for region birds, because Mr. Toucan does not seem to be following in Talonflame's footsteps.
There are a lot of Pokemon I was "meh" towards that I hoped would get evos. They didn't, so I remain "meh".
I hope they don't make too big a deal out of all those Pikachu forms, because it gets so much special treatment already and I really wanted this gen to be Raichu's chance to shine.
I don't really like that UBs seem to be Pokemon after all. They are far too alien to the Pokemon world, and I have no idea how they can have types, etc. I guess I'll wait and see for the final verdict, but I wanted them to be uncatchable antagonists, and shiny forms make that seem unlikely.
So many Alola forms I was certain we were getting because they didn't appear in any trailers that are complete no-shows. namely Arbok, Dewgong, Dodrio, Victreebel.

All in all, I do like the majority, and there are some phenomenal designs. Even if there are some missed opportunities too. Obviously I would love if the things I was hoping for (namely those Alola forms) turn out to have just been excluded from the demo somehow I will be very happy, but I do not hold out much hope.

Last edited:

B. Thunder Tiger

For those who wonder about the snowman/yeti, it looks like Crabrawler evolves into it, making it a hybrid between a yeti and a crab. The white fur and the paw-like claws look to be hinting to it.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
No new dark types and ice types yet. That's extremly hillarious.

Second least favourite gen after gen 1 pokemon, but not a big gap between those two. Small pokemon rooster (but unlike Gen 6 filled with IMO bad designs); UB Pokemon are crappy looking, too many single stager, unbalanced type distribution ( too many bugs, too less of those types I mentioned here), no fossils(?) and Alolan forms only for gen 1 pokemon is the icing for the cake.

Darkraid

The Starter Lover
Everytime GF do something new and different, player WILL whine. I've been through this cycle for generations.

I do admit that I don't like the concept of Ultra Beast. But that's the only thing I'll whine about.

phanpycross

God-king
Well, salty also implies a sense of entitlement, and seems like all of the salty people here felt entitled to "more creative pokemon" or just "more pokemon".

That's BS.

People wanting more pokemon is not entitlement, unless they refuse to buy the game if there isnt 100+ pokemon.

People being disapointed in a design isnt entitlement either, unless they boast about being able to make better design.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
For those who wonder about the snowman/yeti, it looks like Crabrawler evolves into it, making it a hybrid between a yeti and a crab. The white fur and the paw-like claws look to be hinting to it.

And the Dolphin is most likely referring to the Ghost/Fairy(Quite obvious that is the typing.) Guardian Pokemon.

I like the Yeti Crab idea, but was hoping to see an actual Snowman! Either way, it seems it may be Ice/Fighting so that's really cool! :)

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
Yes, I don't know if you're aware (the tone of your post implies not) but that is pretty much certain because the yeti crab is a real thing.

Second least favourite gen after gen 1 pokemon, but not a big gap between those two. Small pokemon rooster (but unlike Gen 6 filled with IMO bad designs); UB Pokemon are crappy looking, too many single stager, unbalanced type distribution ( too many bugs, too less of those types I mentioned here), no fossils(?) and Alolan forms only for gen 1 pokemon is the icing for the cake.
Let's say this once more for the people in the back: WE HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TYPES THE DATAMINED POKEMON ARE. Some of them could very easily be Ice and/or Dark. Especially the Crabrawler evo, which I'd bet a large sum on being Fighting/Ice.

Last edited:

blob

OK, so apparently the Kalos dex has 302 Pokémon, According to: https://twitter.com/KazoWAR/status/788279824796229632

Gen 1: 88
Gen 2: 30
Gen 3: 33
Gen 4: 29
Gen 5: 28
Gen 6: 14
Gen 7: 80 (82 if you include box Legendaries "pre-evolutions".)

Sucks that Alola has so few Gen 5 and 6 Pokémon and somehow ends up with over half of all Kanto mon. :/ Really shows how much they're nostalgia pandering, even more so then Gen 6.

Wryteous

Rogue Trainer
OK, so apparently the Kalos dex has 302 Pokémon.

Sucks that Alola has so few Gen 5 and 6 Pokémon and somehow ends up with over half of all Kanto mon. :/ Really shows how much they're nostalgia pandering, even more so then Gen 6.
Sadly I have to agree it's been nothing but Gen 1 pandering for the alola forms.

I only came here to see the starter split myth debunked. But also paid the price and saw of a few of the upcoming pokemon. Can't wait!

Last edited:

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
That's BS.

People wanting more pokemon is not entitlement, unless they refuse to buy the game if there isnt 100+ pokemon.

People being disapointed in a design isnt entitlement either, unless they boast about being able to make better design.

For me it's the opposite. It's the fact that I see a lot of potential not really being taken.

Gohankuten

As has been said we don't have the typings for the new leaked pokemon so ice and dark could be in there. Until we get the typings for all these new pokemon don't assume there is no new ice/dark types.

Tropios

':o Me is stinky??'
I guess that'll have to do then. Was hoping for an actual Dolphin. The island guardian Pokemon do look really great though, so can't complain. Even if the Bull one has a silly pose. x)

I can't wait to see them 'stacked' like an actual Totem.

That has to do with what now? Of course there'll be a couple of Pokemon that people don't really appreciate or like. Latios/Latias were great! Except you know, they're the exact same. I'm sure if Latias was different from Latios, then nobody would complain right? Just because they share a design doesn't immediately make the design itself lazy. The design is very reminiscent of what the two are based on and it works great.

Gen 6's Pokemon designs and most of the mega designs were greatly expanded on and didn't just add a wig or three to the Pokemon, nor did they slap on some colored spikes and in the end have some giant magnet on the back with some facial hair. Get my point now?

What does the talk about the megalati's have to do with this? Nvm, let's just agree to disagree.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
OK, so apparently the Kalos dex has 302 Pokémon, According to: https://twitter.com/KazoWAR/status/788279824796229632

That's....honestly sad. There are literally more kanto pokemon in the national dex than there are total new alola pokemon. Yet with unova's 156 roster, not even 30 are in.

Xuxuba

Everytime GF do something new and different, player WILL whine. I've been through this cycle for generations.

I do admit that I don't like the concept of Ultra Beast. But that's the only thing I'll whine about.

Most of them are not complaining about the introduction of something new though, they are complaining about the lack of more new pokemon, which i kind of agree with, if we take into account that SM's marketing focused a lot on the new pokemon and yet it doesn't have that many.

IMO, the introduction of Ultra Beasts is something quite good for postgame, because most of the postgame trainers are weaker than the E4 and you already have pokemon stronger than the E4 so beating them is no challenge. But if you introduce creatures that are like bosses, with huge HP, then you'll have some sort of challenge in the postgame (aside from the battle facility, which is becoming quite boring lately).
If it's not a postgame feature then at least we will have more challenge in the story, which is always welcome since they made it so much easier.

Last edited:

blob

That's....honestly sad. There are literally more kanto pokemon in the national dex than there are total new alola pokemon. Yet with unova's 156 roster, not even 30 are in.

IKR. :/ It's like GF think "Importing Pokémon from another region" means "More Gen 1 Pokémon than ever before".

Status
Not open for further replies.