• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

REMARCABLE

I don't like the trend GF are going

First they added Megas and were going full force that this was going to be the next big thing.

Next gen comes, they no longer want to continue it, just sort of keep it not leave it

Next they come with Alola forms and alot of the designs are... lackluster

Gen 8 there probably won't be new regional forms.

They seem to have all these big ideas but later ditch them

Leosnake

https://sli.mg/a/4HOcnq This individual has made a list opf some of them. Not Pikachu does have an Alolan form now which means Cubone might as well proving things in the past trailers were changed to hide things. Also Alolan Marowak is not on this list yet meaniong there is more to come.

My speculation to go with what we know:

I think I have that right. That isn't including Alolan forms or such.

Personally I could see the anchor Pokémon having any combination of the following types:

WATER - duh. It's an anchor. They go in the sea.
STEEL - duh. It's an anchor. They're made of metal.
GRASS - it's covered in that squishy mossy stuff like on underwater chains in real life.
GHOST - getting a ghost ship vibe, although this is the least likely for me.

I don't see Psychic, personally.

As for the bubble spider, I reckon that despite the colour scheme it'll be Bug/Psychic. It looks like it has some sort of weird protective bubble around it, which doesn't look very ice-like to me.

Wimpod's badass evolution could have anything as the second type... it doesn't look very Water-like any more, but Fighting, Dragon and Steel all seem possible.

Julia Artemis

Have you played the demo though? Alola seems so vast and detailed in it and we can only see a part of it. I would take only 80 new pokemon and these graphics over 130 new ones and gen 6 graphics any day.

Also gameplay is way mote intensive with instead of simple gym battles to win badges we have to accomplish a complex mission to show skill as a pokemon trainer which is a great idea and brings back what I really missed with the caves/dungeons of gen 1 and gen 2 and also make it a bigger more important part of the game.

Xuxuba

Have you played the demo though? Alola seems so vast and detailed in it and we can only see a part of it. I would take only 80 new pokemon and these graphics over 130 new ones and gen 6 graphics any day.

I'm confused, are there 71 new pokemon or 81? If we get a good postgame and good story, then i don't mind having 71 ~ 81 pokemon, no megas and a lot of gen 1 pandering. But if the only improvement we are going to get is the non chibi characters/new camera angles alongside with a few new features, then i would say it wasn't worth to trade all of this for Alola looking more "detailed".

REMARCABLE

https://sli.mg/a/4HOcnq This individual has made a list opf some of them. Not Pikachu does have an Alolan form now which means Cubone might as well proving things in the past trailers were changed to hide things. Also Alolan Marowak is not on this list yet meaniong there is more to come.

Any links to lists that aren't typically proxy blocked?

Darkraid

The Starter Lover
I don't like the trend GF are going

First they added Megas and were going full force that this was going to be the next big thing.

Next gen comes, they no longer want to continue it, just sort of keep it not leave it

Next they come with Alola forms and alot of the designs are... lackluster

Gen 8 there probably won't be new regional forms.

They seem to have all these big ideas but later ditch them

Agree with you on that.

Was really bummed on the lack of new megas. Should have stuck with it instead on regional forms.

Tropios

':o Me is stinky??'
I'm confused, are there 71 new pokemon or 81? If we get a good postgame and good story, then i don't mind having 71 ~ 81 pokemon, no megas and a lot of gen 1 pandering. But if the only improvement we are going to get is the non chibi characters/new camera angles alongside with a few new features, then i would say it wasn't worth to trade all of this for Alola looking more "detailed".

81 if you count UB's, who appear to be catchable. It's not just new angles and decent character proportions. Everything just feels bigger and looks more natural and scenic, it's very immersive.

marumaruko

Ghost Trainer
Personally I could see the anchor Pokémon having any combination of the following types:

WATER - duh. It's an anchor. They go in the sea.
STEEL - duh. It's an anchor. They're made of metal.
GRASS - it's covered in that squishy mossy stuff like on underwater chains in real life.
GHOST - getting a ghost ship vibe, although this is the least likely for me.

I don't see Psychic, personally.

Given its design and the ghost ship vibe as you mentioned, I would love for it to be a Steel/Ghost Type. Would make my team instantly. Always thought that would be too OP, but there are plenty of weaknesses with Fire, Dark, Ground and Ghost.

Leosnake

Last edited:

blob

I think the answers to all of these are in the nature of Alola.
- From this and the fact that only Kanto Pokemon seem to take on Alola forms, I think we can assume Kanto is the closest region to Alola. I wouldn't be surprised if it was located not far beyond the Orange Islands, if they ever become game canon.
- Alola is a (geographically) small region that is by definition very isolated. A smaller regional dex makes sense.
- This again explained by Kanto (and therefore Johto) being nearby, and the climate being similar to Hoenn, whereas Unova is always described as very far away, and we don't know of Kalos' geographical relationship to anything.
- The low number of Ice types makes perfect sense to me considering this is a tropical region with apparently exactly one cold area (and that due to altitude, so aquatic Ice types are largely out).

To my mind, this all seems to be GF sticking to their vision for Alola and the immersive environment they're trying to create, rather than a "step backward". It's different, not bad.

For the second point, that doesn't really make much sense, since even isolated islands can have many, many different life forms.

Gohankuten

Given its design and the ghost ship vibe as you mentioned, I would love for it to be a Steel/Ghost Type. Would make my team instantly. Always thought that would be too OP, but there are plenty of weaknesses with Fire, Dark, Ground and Ghost.

You do know there is an entire 3 mon evolution line of steel/ghosts from XY right? And yeah they are pretty dang good with Aegislash being in OU.

phanpycross

God-king
I dont mind 30 gen 5/2/3/4 pokemon being catchable. I think part of the art of making a regional pokedex is picking the right pokemon to represent every gen, while mixing it up.

Gen 1 having 90 is kinda excessive tho.

TheKnightsFury

TheKnightsFury
Why do people seem to think that the Narwhal like Tapa is going to be ghost/fairy? Like to me it screams water/fairy, the mask has fins on it and everything. I know the colour is a little ghosty but I think water/fairy would make much more sense.

GDK

Alolan persian us doraemon. Thé lack of mythical makes me think that they didnt put them in yet

REMARCABLE

Agree with you on that.

Was really bummed on the lack of new megas. Should have stuck with it instead on regional forms.

I don't understand why they couldn't just make Mega Ninetales, Mega Sandslash, Mega Raichu, Mega Exeggcutor, Mega Golem, Mega Raticate, Mega Persian and Mega Marowak

Trust me, no one would be complaining at all, it would be just as "nostalgic" if that is what they were going for with these lame Alola forms which they will no doubt cut and hope people forget about in the future

Gohankuten

Why do people seem to think that the Narwhal like Tapa is going to be ghost/fairy? Like to me it screams water/fairy, the mask has fins on it and everything. I know the colour is a little ghosty but I think water/fairy would make much more sense.

Because the colors of the 4 Tapu guardian mons match with the colors of the 4 Oricorio birds which are each exclusive to a different island so speculation that the typing of the bird corresponds to the Tapu guardian of that island it's found on which is supported by the yellow Oricorio being Electric to match Tapu Koko being Electric. Which means the narwhal looking Tapu which is blueish would match the Ghost Oricorio bird and probably be Ghost/Fairy typing.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Alolan persian us doraemon. Thé lack of mythical makes me think that they didnt put them in yet

I don't think that's too likely.

Anyways, somebody needs to make master post of the stuff found here. No links to other websites.

REMARCABLE

Because each island has a theme going for it as represented by Oricoro's forms
Tapu Koko is Electric Fairy
So we can assume like Oricoro there will be a Tapu for the other 3 types which is Psychic, Fire and Ghost

Remember, Tapu Koko looks like a bird when in "totem stance" but it's not Flying it's Electric

So Narwhal is a red herring it will most likely be Ghost/Fairy

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member

Perhaps because they matched Oricorio's forms (red, yellow, purple, and pink), and therefore could have the same typing as well.

But yeah, I prefer the narwhal one to be Water/Fairy.....

Status
Not open for further replies.