• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkraid

The Starter Lover
I don't understand why they couldn't just make Mega Ninetales, Mega Sandslash, Mega Raichu, Mega Exeggcutor, Mega Golem, Mega Raticate, Mega Persian and Mega Marowak

Trust me, no one would be complaining at all, it would be just as "nostalgic" if that is what they were going for with these lame Alola forms which they will no doubt cut and hope people forget about in the future

Agreed again.

Gosh, have you seen Alolan Persian.

marumaruko

Ghost Trainer
You do know there is an entire 3 mon evolution line of steel/ghosts from XY right? And yeah they are pretty dang good with Aegislash being in OU.

oh ****. I totally forgot about Aegislash. Which was on my team when I played X. Sorry mate! How could I forget about it!

Julia Artemis

Getting a better look at the new Anchor pokemon I'm thinking it will be Water/Steel. It has more the feel of a water version of Magneton or Magnezone. Also Steel/Ghost was just done last game and exceedingly well with Aegislash

Tropios

':o Me is stinky??'
I don't understand why they couldn't just make Mega Ninetales, Mega Sandslash, Mega Raichu, Mega Exeggcutor, Mega Golem, Mega Raticate, Mega Persian and Mega Marowak

Trust me, no one would be complaining at all, it would be just as "nostalgic" if that is what they were going for with these lame Alola forms which they will no doubt cut and hope people forget about in the future

I love the idea of Alolans, it comes closer to real life biology than megas tbh...

And no way they'll cut them, just like they didn't cut megas. There are just no new ones atm cause they're focussing on alolans, but maybe there are in the next games?

marumaruko

Ghost Trainer
Getting a better look at the new Anchor pokemon I'm thinking it will be Water/Steel. It has more the feel of a water version of Magneton or Magnezone. Also Steel/Ghost was just done last game and exceedingly well with Aegislash

I would take that, as well. Really love its design and have to chuckle when I'm thinking of using Surf with an Anchor, the character hanging onto it's rusty neck or the steering wheel surfing the ocean.

Leosnake

Kotaku has the leaks up or links to the leaks. Also it has been confirmed that some sprites are still missing.

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
Man, I bet Alolan Persian hates Mondays......but it probably loves lasagne.

Sarefan

Hylden General.
Komala not evolving is a bit dissapointing, but oh well. Don't mind the small dex at all, makes me want to use some Alolan Forms that I would ignore otherwise. Still hyped about the game, mainly because of the story with the UB's!
small Edit: strange that Marshadow is only a 'small' form.

Xuxuba

81 if you count UB's, who appear to be catchable. It's not just new angles and decent character proportions. Everything just feels bigger and looks more natural and scenic, it's very immersive.

I don't remember the datamined spoilers saying they were catchable. Besides, aren't there just 8 ultra beasts?
It still mainly is non chibi characters and different camera angles. The graphics do look bigger on the cutscenes and the moments when the camera angle shifts, which is why the trailers mainly focused on them, but when you're playing it, it goes back to the old view from the top and things do not look that different from before. Regarding the scenario looking far more natural and scenic than XY, i would say that's quite subjective. Personally, i loved Kalos' scenario.

Rio!

Composer
Wow. Just as I though Alolan Exeggutor looked ridiculous, then here comes Persian and Dugtrio. Damn. Still not a fan of the Kanto-centric attentions this Gen

TheKnightsFury

TheKnightsFury
I dont think I like the idea of their types mimicing the birds but it makes sense. That said I think they look more like water/fairy, electric/fairy, fighting/fairy, psychic/fairy. One can only hope I guess.

Also Im hoping the anchor is Steel/water since we only have Empoleon as that typing.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Kotaku has the leaks up or links to the leaks. Also it has been confirmed that some sprites are still missing.

Missing sprites are as just Silvally's forms, which have no regular correspondent but have shiny forms.

Leosnake

Missing sprites are as just Silvally's forms, which have no regular correspondent but have shiny forms.
Oh I see. So this is the whole dex then are just the ones the forgot to remove from the demo?

WyvernTamer

Honestly I'm still just as hyped about sun and moon as I was before the leaks. I think the only thing that disappointed me abit was Torracat's Evo which is pretty much confirmed to be man cat.... And don't get me wrong design wise it's actually pretty cool and well thought out. I was just hoping for more of a 4 legged design. Will admit still much better design then Emboar that's for sure, a flaming four legged warthog was such a missed opportunity in my opinion. As for the officially unconfirmed but pretty much expected low dex count. I don't mind in the slightest, a lot of cool designs that we got honestly the abilities and typing combinations have never been so good right off the bat (In my opinion) what's more important to me in new Pokemon games is improvement. fixing things we already have is also important. Example: abilities that should do exactly what it's alternative ability does Leaf guard and Hydration for example. There is no reason why leaf guard should not act like Hydration. Just like there is no reason there is no ability that doubles the speed of a Pokemon in a hail storm. The other 3 weather effects have an ability like that why can't hail do the same for some? Ice typing wise is horrendous being only resistant to itself and has a ton of weaknesses it's mind boggling how one type is treated so badly. It's stuff like this I care more about because it's unfair to a lot of Pokemon who are either never used because they are not competitively capable or just plan terrible. Sandstorm boost the special def for rock types why can't hail have an Inate effect of boosting Physical def for Ice types? Another thing is BST (Base stat total) There is no reason why an fully evolved Pokemon or stand alone Pokemon should have a lower BST then 400 Delcatty, Spinda, Farfetch'd etc.... Graveler who isn't even fully evolved has a higher BST then these guys...

The only way I see this being fair is if they had some killer ability to balance it out like Azumarill and huge power for example, but these guys do not. I like new Pokemon just as much as the next person but if having 70 - 80 new Pokemon introduced each gen allows them time to fix older Pokemon/Mechanics aswell as produce quality good ones so be it.
That being said can't wait to see what changes/updates we get this gen. Particularly curious about new egg moves for older Pokemon or just movepool updates period. Abilities as well and move's aswell !!

TheKnightsFury

TheKnightsFury
I have a copy of all the sprites for the regional dex which was ripped from the demo, there are indeed some gaps, blanks in between some of the sprites. This could be just a mistake or there could be some pokeball that were completely left out of the demo.

Status
Not open for further replies.