• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
It's not because you're not happy with the decision that there's no good reason for it. 800 is a humongous number, I can totally see why they wanna slow down.

Let people feel how they want. You seem to combat anyone that is disappointed. You don't have to be, but everyone is allowed to feel how they want.

Grey Wind

My biggest problem is really the huge number of oneshots. If they really (for some, stupid reason, because there are not good reason to do that) dial back on the number of new pokemon they should at least have more of them evolve.

Yeah, I agree. A bunch of stand-alones in such a small generation is weird, especially when some of them (Komala and Pyukumuku in particular) look ripe for evolution.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
It always kills me that when you got to sleep, you magically miss 20 pages worth of conversation lol... I'm guessing not a whole lot was revealed after the Shiny forms all showed up

Tropios

':o Me is stinky??'
Let people feel how they want. You seem to combat anyone that is disappointed. You don't have to be, but everyone is allowed to feel how they want.

Just combatting unfair reasoning, idk this initial disappointment happens almost every gen, you're probably right, I shouldn't bother.

Leosnake

Earlier, one of the dataminers released a file that contained all the Dex sprites from the demo.
Not all Pokemon are present though, which led us to believe that the demo only contained the Alola Dex Pokemon.

Gen 1 - 87 (including Alolan Forms)
Gen 2 - 30
Gen 3 - 33
Gen 4 - 29
Gen 5 - 28
Gen 6 - 14

If you want the full list, it's here: http://i.imgur.com/0g4drUf.jpg

I believe this is a misunderstanding.
The "Kalos Region" refers to the "Location Met" data for Ash-Greninja.

Thank you for this. The blank images were confusing me (I am one of the people who got the sprite zip file from someone else's link.)

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Just combatting unfair reasoning, idk this initial disappointment happens almost every gen, you're probably right, I shouldn't bother.

Well I know a lot of people that had initial disappointment in kalos and still are...so not everyone just overreacts.

ebevan91

My biggest problem is really the huge number of oneshots. If they really (for some, stupid reason, because there are not good reason to do that) dial back on the number of new pokemon they should at least have more of them evolve.

That's my biggest issue as well. So many Pokemon that don't evolve or have pre-evolutions (not counting Tapu Koko, legendaries/mythicals, and Ultra Beasts).

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
By the way, has it been confirmed that the Demo Greninja has different natures? Or is it fixed as "Hardy"?

Also, i still think that the Demo maybe missing a lot of info's relating to the 7th Gen Pokemons, because i haven't seen anything relating to the 7th Gen Starter's that has anything similar to Rockruff, like it was hinted before in CoroCoro (or maybe i missed it?).

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
By the way, has it been confirmed that the Demo Greninja has different natures? Or is it fixed as "Hardy"?

Also, i still think that the Demo maybe missing a lot of info's relating to the 7th Gen Pokemons, because i haven't seen anything relating to the 7th Gen Starter's that has anything similar to Rockruff, like it was hinted before in CoroCoro (or maybe i missed it?).

Whatever secret the starter evos have is most likely tied to the z-ring.

Orphalesion

It's not because you're not happy with the decision that there's no good reason for it. 800 is a humongous number, I can totally see why they wanna slow down.

Nope. 25.000 is a "humongous" number, 800 is not. And I don't think there is a good reason why a larger selection to choose from would be a bad thing. They could implement some other way to get the Shiny Charm, if that is what people are worried about.

And nope, still not happy with the small number of Kalos pokemon, even after all those years. Hoenn and Unova were my favourite generations because they gave me a lot of new stuff to play with, and I for one liked most of the Unova pokemon.

Beck

Soul Suckin' Jerk
Everything is what it is, I'm neither upset nor any more excited than I was yesterday. Mildly indifferent at worst.

My only gripe is the lack of a Komala evolution. Another stand-alone Normal-type? Leaves a lot to be desired especially considering the depth to its design.

Oh well.

Shamboro

I heard the "secret similar to Rockruff" might have been mistranslated? I'm not sure what it actually said tho.

Arcamenel

Shiny Hunter
And nope, still not happy with the small number of Kalos pokemon, even after all those years. Hoenn and Unova were my favourite generations because they gave me a lot of new stuff to play with, and I for one liked most of the Unova pokemon.

Same here! I've been replaying White recently and it's still so much fun. My favorite Pokemon come from Unova.

Happy Hydreigon

Kahuna Mikah
Everything is what it is, I'm neither upset nor any more excited than I was yesterday. Mildly indifferent at worst.

My only gripe is the lack of a Komala evolution. Another stand-alone Normal-type? Leaves a lot to be desired especially considering the depth to its design.

Oh well.

Isn't it possible that they could have just left some of the other new Pokemon out of the demo code, sorry if I might be behind here

Leosnake

Weirdly enough I actually like having these one off Pokemon. I don't know why but it makes the games and in lore universe feel more real in terms of evolution variety. And as far as I know doesn't every generation have a few Pokemon that are not part of any evolution line?

That being said I will admit a lack of Tropius among the other returning Pokemon does surprise me if only because of the setting. Maybe more will become catchable post National dex and these are just before the National dex? Like how Friend safari's were not fully unlocked until after the Pokemon League since we do know they did a scrub to remove a lot of the data even if they missed these images some how.

Over all though I am liking the look of this gen.

Oni Dekopin

Oh well.

Right, the fact that Komala and Pyukumuku don't evolve is frankly inconceivable to me. They look like babies. Literally.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Yeah, I agree. A bunch of stand-alones in such a small generation is weird, especially when some of them (Komala and Pyukumuku in particular) look ripe for evolution.
At least Pyukumuku has a niche ability for a potential suicide lead... but that about it. Komala is doomed and should of had an evolution

Missingno.Fan

Okay I just got up so I missed a lot of the excitement. Are there seriously less than 100 new Pokémon? Also what is with so many one shots?

Tropios

':o Me is stinky??'
Nope. 25.000 is a "humongous" number, 800 is not. And I don't think there is a good reason why a larger selection to choose from would be a bad thing. They could implement some other way to get the Shiny Charm, if that is what people are worried about.

When it comes to unique individual creatures, I think 800 is a lot. I wouldn't mind more personally, but i understand the decision.

Guess what, Hoenn and Unova are my faves too and I love most of the gen 5 as well, but gen 7 seems to be joining them as one of my favs, despite the amount of Pokémon. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.