• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I still hope that theres more data but I doubt it ..

Oh and UB's definitely dont count as Pokemon for me so we can say theres even less Alolan Pokemon than Kalosian.

SebastiaanZ

I am also a little disappointed there are no new Mega's :(, but I'll live with it. Cannot wait to play the demo tonight.

I assume the 2DS doesn't have trouble playing the demo either? My brother wants to play it as well, but doesn't have a 3DS.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
At least Pyukumuku has a niche ability for a potential suicide lead... but that about it. Komala is doomed and should of had an evolution

Komala is essentially the new dunsparce, farfetched, stunfisk, etc. Pokemon with a quirky interesting design and decent stats for a would-be first form, but never evolving. Sucks that they finally get a koala pokemon and mess it up.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Wait, why do we have four shots of Beutterfree?

Is there an Alolan form we don't know about within these images?

LoveMcQueen5683

I like how the chinese riddler was like "don't think you know everything about the starters. You don't"

***** we've known everything about them since Mallow was revealed.

And no Crabrawlers evo isn't a snowman and none of the tapus look like a dolphin so surprisingly that chinese leak did have some things wrong which makes no sense. In that same leak, it says our goal is to create our own elite 4. I'm going to assume that this game took a turn for the worse and that's fake too.

Shamboro

This is the official translation

“There is a secret hidden in that little body. In fact, there are also surprising secrets about the starter Pokémon too…!?”

Maybe they are hinting about something else then? By the sound of it their secrets might not be related to Rockruff since they just mention that they have "surprising secrets".

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Is it at all possible some images may still be missing from the datamine, and we could in fact come across more pokemon in the full game?

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
I like how the chinese riddler was like "don't think you know everything about the starters. You don't"

***** we've known everything about them since Mallow was revealed.

And no Crabrawlers evo isn't a snowman and none of the tapus look like a dolphin so surprisingly that chinese leak did have some things wrong which makes no sense. In that same leak, it says our goal is to create our own elite 4. I'm going to assume that this game took a turn for the worse and that's fake too.

Well for crabrawler's, it is basically half abominal snowman, so that is technically true. I agree about the chinese leaker confusing the blue tiki for a dolphin though, that is ridiculous.

lexgamer

Ground Type Trainer
Anything leaked about stats or movesets? I'm dying to know what changes were made in alolan marowak! Like is he a special attacker now? Does he have a 'Flamerang' move? etc. :)

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
HOLD UP!

I'm gonna have to say the nay-no on claims that the names of the pokemon are not present.

Clearly, the demo has data on pokemon names, otherwise we wouldn't be able to see any names in the demo. They have to be somewhere.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Anything leaked about stats or movesets? I'm dying to know what changes were made in alolan marowak! Like is he a special attacker now? Does he have a 'Flamerang' move? etc. :)

Besides the available Pokémon, all other species have been dummied out for Pikachu's stats.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Komala is essentially the new dunsparce, farfetched, stunfisk, etc. Pokemon with a quirky interesting design and decent stats for a would-be first form, but never evolving. Sucks that they finally get a koala pokemon and mess it up.
GameFreak really loves screwing the one off Normal types don't they?

Mine's Hardy a well so I'm guessing it's fixed.
Welp that confirms to me that Protean > Battle Bond until we know for sure if it can breed or not. If it can't, then Ash-Greninja is a fanservice Pokemon with slightly more but still pointless usage then regular non-legend event Pokemon

Vileganplume

So, maybe I'm a little lost here but if possible that we don't have all the Pokemon yet? I mean, maybe in the game we can find more? Or definitively this is it and is all?

Orphalesion

Guess what, Hoenn and Unova are my faves too and I love most of the gen 5 as well, but gen 7 seems to be joining them as one of my favs, despite the amount of Pokémon. :)

Guess what, I love the designs of Gen 7 as well :) In fact I believe that each gen of Pokemon has looked better than the last (with the possible exception of Sinnoh) which is why I'm even more disappointed about the smaller number, I want more of that good stuff.

I'm not rage-quitting over the number and I'm still looking forward to enjoying those games, it's just that I'd like to relive what I had with Hoenn and Unova, the ability to simply throw myself into a large number of new pokemon and examine and test each of them.

With the number, personally I don't see a problem until we start to approach the 2000 mark.

Last edited:

Leosnake

So even though this was posted here already http://imgur.com/0g4drUf I am putting it back because I was wondering if anyone could check that what I have noticed about the fossil Pokemon is correct or not. From what I can tell Aerodactyl, Cranidos/Rampardos, Shieldon/Bastiodon, Tirtouga/Carracosta and Archen/Archeops are there but the rest are missing from this dex right? Or am I just missing any of the others at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.