• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was hoping for Komala, Comfey and Ribombee to get evolutions. That was literally the only thing I was hoping for this gen. Of course none of them got one *sigh*. Comfey could easily evolve into a fairy with a lei around its neck, it would be so cute and fitting. Ribombee seems like it shouldn't be the final evolution of the line. And Komala looks almost like a baby Pokemon, I was 100% sure it was going to get an evolution.

This gen is so disappointing compared to Gen 6 tbh.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
HOLD UP!

I'm gonna have to say the nay-no on claims that the names of the pokemon are not present.

Clearly, the demo has data on pokemon names, otherwise we wouldn't be able to see any names in the demo. They have to be somewhere.

Seems like most of the info has been dummied out, from what i hear, like most moves being hidden/replaced with "Pound" as a dummy.

So, new Pokemon names have received the same treatment as well (not sure what dummy name they are using to fill in the slots).

It seems that the sprites of the Pokemons (new and old, which we don't see in the demo game play) may have been an accidental inclusion.

Forretress Fan

Let's Go
Does anyone think Pikipek's toucan evolution will remain Normal/Flying? I am unsure.

I think it'll remain Normal/Flying. I originally thought the only variant typing of a Toucan pokemon might be Grass/Flying based off Toucans living in a rainforest, but Rowlett's typing has removed that IMO. I will admit I did not see Pikipek turning into a Toucan, props GF.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Man, I am loving a lot of the new poses they're incorporating for older Mon.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Nope. 25.000 is a "humongous" number, 800 is not. And I don't think there is a good reason why a larger selection to choose from would be a bad thing. They could implement some other way to get the Shiny Charm, if that is what people are worried about.

And nope, still not happy with the small number of Kalos pokemon, even after all those years. Hoenn and Unova were my favourite generations because they gave me a lot of new stuff to play with, and I for one liked most of the Unova pokemon.

I don't get the worry for the Shiny Charm, since we've got PokéBank, it is really easy to transport the entire dex you had in GenVI, to GenVII. Sure, you need to breed quite a bit and evolve some to get the middle evolutions, but that's just about it. That's not going to take ages..

And I agree, while I personally enjoy playing Red, Yellow and Crystal the most, followed by Platinum, I really enjoy having the options I had in Ruby and White. I like Fire, Dark and Poison-types. So needles to say, I was quite disappointed when I learned that the only Dark-types I'm apparently getting are a fat-Raticate, ugly as f*-Persian and psychedilic-Muk - and maybe Litten's evolution.

Just playing the demo, I'm largely disappointed in the whole idea of Trials. Nothing about them has me excited. Now we learn that we probably indeed only get seven and that the Totems are likely:
- 1. Gumshoos/A-Raticate: Ilima
- 2. Vikavolt: Sophocles
- 3. Wishiwashi: Lana
- 4. Salandit-Evo: Kiawe
- 5. Lurantis: Mallow
- 6. Mimikyu: Ghost or Fairy
- 7. Kommo-o: Dragon or Fighting.

With the two new characters (one with Pelipper), Hala and Olivia probably being the Kahuna's, meaning the
- Hala: Fighting
- Olivia: Rock
- Sailor-dude: Flying (unless they double up on Water).
- Purple-haired girl: Ghost? If she isn't the Trial Captain for Mimikyu or if Mimikyu counts as a "Fairy"-Trial.

There's also the Mudsdale-girl, but I don't see how that fits. Mudsdale doesn't have a slot with a "?" following it in the dex and is pure Ground, so I don't think we're getting a Ground-type Trial.

I'm sorry, I just expected more then these overused types.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
So, maybe I'm a little lost here but if possible that we don't have all the Pokemon yet? I mean, maybe in the game we can find more? Or definitively this is it and is all?

This really is all.

So even though this was posted here already http://imgur.com/0g4drUf I am putting it back because I was wondering if anyone could check that what I have noticed about the fossil Pokemon is correct or not. From what I can tell Aerodactyl, Cranidos/Rampardos, Shieldon/Bastiodon, Tirtouga/Carracosta and Archen/Archeops are there but the rest are missing from this dex right? Or am I just missing any of the others at all?

It is just the Alola dex, so yes. We knew about these since forever.

Last edited:

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Went to sleep last night thinking the demo was scrubbed and woke up to an entire Pokedex. Almost everything withheld looks like an alien and I'm not even referring to Ultra Beasts.

I actually really like this generation of Pokemon. It sucks that Komala doesn't evolve and I wouldn't mind more Pokemon that we don't know about but overall I'm stoked with this collection.

Inoshi

Pokemon Lover
Can anybody provide a link to the shiny versions of the new pokemon? All I've been able to see so far are the starters' and can't seem to find it anywhere...

Forretress Fan

Let's Go
So do we know typing of these Pokémon (Or feel free to put your input on what they could be)

Spider-like Gen 7 Two-stager (With a silver orb around the head)
Alolan Dugtrio
Flying Anchor Gen 7 One-stage

Tropios

':o Me is stinky??'
Guess what, I love the designs of Gen 7 as well :) In fact I believe that each gen of Pokemon has looked better than the last (with the possible exception of Sinnoh) which is why I'm even more disappointed about the smaller number, I want more of that good stuff.

I'm not rage-quitting over the number and I'm still looking forward to enjoying those games, it's just that I'd like to relive what I had with Hoenn and Unova, the ability to simply throw myself into a large number of new pokemon and examine and test each of them.

With the number, personally I don't see a problem until we start to approach the 2000 mark.

Ah I guess I can somewhat agree with that :) I'm just not all that bothered because I sort of expected it.

Leosnake

It is just the Kalos dex, so yes. We knew about these since forever.

Actually I didn't know they were just adding the Kalos dex into the new Alolan dex. Or putting it in the same game before the national one. Plus if it was just the Kalos dex shouldn't the actual fossil Pokemon from Kalos be in it? As in the Tyrunt and Amaura lines?

lactatingRHINO7

I'm really disappointed with most of the new pokémon. I don't mind a smaller amount but I'm just not crazy about the ones we got. The only pokémon I was pleasantly surprised about was Wimpod's evo (and even then I already have a water and a bug type lined up for my team)

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
So do we know typing of these Pokémon (Or feel free to put your input on what they could be)

Spider-like Gen 7 Two-stager (With a silver orb around the head)
Alolan Dugtrio
Flying Anchor Gen 7 One-stage

The spider is probably steel/bug.

No idea for dugrtrio.

Anchor could be water/steel or ghost/steel.

And the sea urchins are water/poison.

Kad

These games are over twice the size of X&Y. We have not seen everything yet and there's clearly a lot we don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.