• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Gotta be honest, I'm not thrilled with the regional bird, so Thank God for Rowlet

Pikipek's final evo does really stand out as all the previous regional birds ended up looking rather majestic. Its just a toucan. A nice-looking toucan admittedly, but still just a normal-looking toucan. It doesn't look like something that could peck quickly either, reducing my hopes for a five hit pecking move.
Well, Fury Attack is technically a Pecking move...

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I think you answered your own question. They wanted to something with Diglett-line and Grimer-line, two lines which were common but insignificant, so this was the best they could have with Yokai Watch standards.

Can you compile a list of unobtainables? It is kind of relevant.

I could, but I would have to do it in scrutiny. I may get one up tomorrow.

Those were the most obvious missing ones, and the file can be found.

I don't know if the mods/admins are for or against direct file leaks.

Also, Winzip is more of a hassle than it really should have been.

.Aerodactyl.

Fossils would have been cool, I'll be the first to admit :) But I'm also biased... I tend to like them just by virtue of them being fossils regardless of design. Indoneonder the motivation by not having them though... I mean its not the first time we havent had fossils. And Hawaii isn't known for fossils. But fossils haven't always matched the region they were introduced anyway.

I mean, I honestly wasn't actually expecting fossil Pokémon this game, just felt like it wasn't happening. But readinf it does remind me that it's disappointing.

Regarding Alolan variants I have to side with the people viewing them as untapped potential unfortunately.
The first reason is that they're only been given to gen I pokémon. Even if this is something we've pretty much known for a while now.
The other one is more subjective. I found the idea of Pokémon adapting to different environments very interesting, but as R_N said a lot of them feel like jokes. So if you're a huge fan of goofy pokémon this probably wouldn't be a problem for you. As for many of them not having drastic changes I never thought they needed that(they're subspecies after all), so that's not a problem for me, nor would I call any of them lazy since I'm sure their designs are intentional. Don't get me wrong, I can appreciate some goofy pokémon and I'm sure they're going to try to explain the changes by some adaptive response, but I just wish we got more along the lines of Ninetales, Sandslash and Marowak too.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I found the zip folder, and the datamined dump...

...did not have the starters or legendaries for previous generations.

I am not trying to imply that there "may be more 7th gen Pokemon, but there are some in there that I don't see.

I would guess that all of these Pokemon appear in Sun and Moon, while the rest are transfer only.

Was it this?

That's the Regional Dex.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
http://www.polygon.com/platform/amp...okemon-sun-and-moon-catch-ultra-beasts-theory

Polygon has official confirmation from Nintendo, Ultra Beasts are catchable.

Well, this ends that.

Lillie confirmed for best Pokémon.

I could, but I would have to do it in scrutiny. I may get one up tomorrow.

Those were the most obvious missing ones, and the file can be found.

I don't know if the mods/admins are for or against direct file leaks.

Also, Winzip is more of a hassle than it really should have been.

Thanks. I'll look to the zip myself from twitter.

Edit: Nevermind, ninja'd by Excitable Boy.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member

R_N

Okay, that makes no sense. They're not pokemon, but can be caught. COME ON, THAT DOESN'T EVEN MAKE ANY SENSE!

I bet there's a super late game twist where it's discovered they really are pokemon, but from another world or something.

monkerz

Trex in Training
I like the new toucan pokemon! Feels a little more in tune with nature rather than going back to days of Trubbish and Vanilluxe. I think that was their theme this time around too.

I have to agree though with other folks who have already stated their opinion, I am a bit disappointed. The designs for the most part are awesome but couldn't help but feel something is just felt... short. Or incomplete. And why would they have revealed the majority of new pokemon before the game got released? Just seems weird. Hopefully the story makes up for all of this but I am not going to get my hopes up too high.

And still salty no actual dolphin pokemon but c'est la vie.

Thepowaofhax

Honestly, the leaked Persian is pretty clever. Alolan Meowth was spoiled and pampered and became a Garfield-esque fat cat Pokemon, which seems interesting. Sadly though, it seems like they only changed the face.

Also, that Wimpod evolution is pretty dope, no lie.

.Aerodactyl.

Regarding Alolan variants I have to side with the people viewing them as untapped potential unfortunately.
The first reason is that they're only been given to gen I pokémon. Even if this is something we've pretty much known for a while now.
The other one is more subjective. I found the idea of Pokémon adapting to different environments very interesting, but as R_N said a lot of them feel like jokes. So if you're a huge fan of goofy pokémon this probably wouldn't be a problem for you. As for many of them not having drastic changes I never thought they needed that(they're subspecies after all), so that's not a problem for me, nor would I call any of them lazy since I'm sure their designs are intentional. Don't get me wrong, I can appreciate some goofy pokémon and I'm sure they're going to try to explain the changes by some adaptive response, but I just wish we got more along the lines of Ninetales, Sandslash and Marowak too.

Yeah, I can agree with this. At first they introduced and showed awesome ones that made a lot of sense. I'm still holding out for the Golem explanation, but they did start to feel lack-luster and sort of tacked on near the end... I was honestly hoping dugtrio was a joke for the demo :/ I do like alolan Muk. I liked the idea for me with, but Persian looks stupid and doesn't really have that face that fits the line... They were supposed too be breed by Royalty weren't they? It's face looks like an overinflated football with a face drawn on, not even like a suave Persian cat look with the squished in snout.

I also think if they were going to do them, they should have targeted more of the overused Pokémon, I.e. Zubat and Tentacruel line. We have and will see so many of these so many times in a row, they could have used something to freshen them up :)

Last edited:

noakai

Honestly, the leaked Persian is pretty clever. Alolan Meowth was spoiled and pampered and became a Garfield-esque fat cat Pokemon, which seems interesting. Sadly though, it seems like they only changed the face.

Also, that Wimpod evolution is pretty dope, no lie.

I think it's super ugly but it reminds me of Grumpy Cat lol.

And I really want to play this game already so I can make sense of this plot. Beasts that look like certain human characters that you can capture, tiny forms of legendaries, zygarde cores...I have no idea how it all fits together.

Status
Not open for further replies.