• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_N

Was it this?

That's the Regional Dex.

Going back a bit, but if i'm counting right (excluding all the alternative forms) that's...304 pokemon?
And a lot of those are legendaries or ultra beasts which are probably post game

Now that's pretty lame. XY's pokedex was fun because it was 457. It's barely bigger than BW2's. I was hoping 450 would be the standard

Orphalesion

Pikipek's final evo does really stand out as all the previous regional birds ended up looking rather majestic. Its just a toucan. A nice-looking toucan admittedly, but still just a normal-looking toucan. It doesn't look like something that could peck quickly either, reducing my hopes for a five hit pecking move.

The Toucan is actually the first regional bird I genuinely like. All the other birds looked very samey , even their colour schemes started to get repetitive after a while and all of them gained at least some bird of prey characteristics, thier proportions were similar in almost all of them...boring imho and the only thing that marginally elevated Talonflame above the rest was its fire typing (it's design was still fairly run of the mill for a regional bird) They were pretty much Pigeot Mark II, III, IV and V.
The Toucan however? It's completely unique form the other regional birds and based off of a very unusual species of bird. It's the first regional bird I'm considering putting on my team.

How so? I don't see either one being any more or less likely, personally.

Which doesn't mean we're actually getting a water Arcanine, but still...

Arctic Foxes are an actual thing in the real world. Dogs that live underwater (or have adopted a truly aquatic lifestyle) aren't.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Going back a bit, but if i'm counting right (excluding all the alternative forms) that's...304 pokemon?
And a lot of those are legendaries or ultra beasts which are probably post game

Now that's pretty lame. XY's pokedex was fun because it was 457. It's barely bigger than BW2's. I was hoping 450 would be the standard
TBH I'm more disappointed that like, half the Dex is gen 1.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Just got an idea: What if that thing in Lillie's bag is Solgaleo's/Lunala's pre-evo?

One of the articles confirmed that.

the worst part is they did learn

they carefully removed everyone after Hakamo-o
They made sure to alter all the stats of everyone else not in the demo to be pikachu
scrubbed all but 4 new moves and a handful of known moves and replaced them with pound
got rid of all the unneeded abilities (Jangmo-o & Hakamo-o don't even have Soundproof)
culled any non-demo text

which just makes that they messed up this badly even worse

In the OG ORAS demo, they removed Level-Up Movesets for species that appeared in the demo, while keeping everything the same. So they tried in ORAS as well.

It makes absolutely no sense sure, but I don't see how it's a disappointment.
Aside from being just a toucan, it is not even stylized. It is literally just a toucan, specifically a White-throated toucan.

Last edited:

Supersonicbro

The Toucan is actually the first regional bird I genuinely like. All the other birds looked very samey , even their colour schemes started to get repetitive after a while and all of them gained at least some bird of prey characteristics, thier proportions were similar in almost all of them...boring imho and the only thing that marginally elevated Talonflame above the rest was its fire typing (it's design was still fairly run of the mill for a regional bird) They were pretty much Pigeot Mark II, III, IV and V.
The Toucan however? It's completely unique form the other regional birds and based off of a very unusual species of bird. It's the first regional bird I'm considering putting on my team.

Arctic Foxes are an actual thing in the real world. Dogs that live underwater (or have adopted a truly aquatic lifestyle) aren't.

You know...you're right about the toucan, maybe that's why it feels weird to me. I've always got the birds and they always were the same. I was gonna try pikipek anyway, but I'm gonna be more accepting of it.

Bus

Just got an idea: What if that thing in Lillie's bag is Solgaleo's/Lunala's pre-evo?

I could have sworn there was an article that accidentally spoiled that today; that Lillie actually ahs the little orb form of whichever box legendary is yours.

ReneEnjolras

Explorer of Ruins
Wow. Just...wow.

Things I like:
Most Alola forms (except Diglett, Dugtrio, Persian)
The guardian legends
Marshadow, I guess

Things I don't like:
Ultra Beasts (WTF Gamefreak???)
Alola Persian
Alola Diglett/Dugtrio
No Komala evo
No PYUKUMUKU evo!!
No Drampa line

knightwolf09

There were 3 new moves that have been found in the datamine. Throat Chop, Aurora Veil, and Laser Focus. Somehow, I think these are level up moves for the starters. And they make sense too. Let's see if we can theorize how they fit with the starters.

Throat Chop: Damaging move that cancels a pokemon using sound based moves for two turns. (Gardevoir and Sylveon are getting abused this gen) Such a savage and brutal move sounds like a Dark type move, since most of them are based off savage and dirty tactics. Now I believe this move belongs to Litten's line, because now I without a shadow of a doubt, can say Luchalitten is Fire/Dark. It was said in it's concept art that it loves to cheat and fight dirty. Boy, what does that sound like?

Aurora Veil: Halves physical and special damage for 5 turns. Basically Reflect and Light Screen put into one. I'm mixed with this being a Water move or Fairy move. I feel like it's the latter. Anyway this sounds perfect for Popmaid.

Laser Focus: Guarantees a critical hit next turn. Come one that move is perfect for Arrowl. An archer has laser focus to attack targets. How is that not meant for Arrowl?

Anyway, what do you guys think of these moves?

Last edited:

shadowF

There were 3 new moves that have been found in the datamine. Throat Chop, Aurora Veil, and Laser Focus. Somehow, I think these are level up moves for the starters. And they make sense too. Let's see if we can theorize how they fit with the starters.

Throat Chop: Damaging move that cancels a pokemon using sound based moves for two turns. (Gardevoir and Sylveon are getting abused this gen) Such a savage and brutal move sounds like a Dark type move, since most of them are based off savage and dirty tactics. Now I believe this move belongs to Litten's line, because now I without a shadow of a doubt, can say Luchalitten is Fire/Dark. It was said in it's concept art that it loves to cheat and fight dirty. Boy, what does that sound like?

Aurora Veil: Halves physical and special damage for 5 turns. Basically Reflect and Light Screen put into one. I'm mixed with this being a Water move or Fairy move. I feel like it's the latter. Anyway this sounds perfect for Popmaid.

Laser Focus: Guarantees a critical hit next turn. Come one that move is perfect for Arrowl. An archer has laser focus to attack targets. How is that not meant for Arrowl?

Is throat chop a really good move that can be used? As well is there any other datamine news that we should expect?

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer

Yeah, you're a wee bit late to the party, my friend. I posted this last night:

TL|DR version:

Hp/Atk/Def/SpA/SpD/Spe
Jangmo-o: 45/55/65/45/45/45
Hakamo-o: 55/75/90/65/70/65
Rockruff: 45/65/40/30/40/60
Yungoos:: 48/70/30/30/30/45
Pikipek: 48/75/30/30/30/65

Psychic Terrain: Boosts Psychic Moves and blocks priority for grounded Mons. 5 Turns.

Throat Chop: Deals damage and stops the target from producing sound. 2 Turns.

Aurora Veil: Halves damage from Physical AND Special moves. 5 Turns.

Laser Focus: Guaranteed crit next turn.

Gigavolt Havoc CANNOT MISS.

knightwolf09

Is throat chop a really good move that can be used? As well is there any other datamine news that we should expect?

I don't know if there's more to expect, but so far that's all we got in terms of moves. I don't know how strong it'll be.

Gamefreak is so dumb but I love it.

Did they not learn ANYTHING from the ORAS demo??? They have to scrub every single thing off because you know someone in the community is gonna find whatever is left.

Why does Pokemon even need a demo lmao

Well, the demo is to build extra hype.

Here's what I wonder: Why did the data (even if it is just the sprites) for these species exist in the demo in the first place? Why do they need to scrub it out? If they didn't want people to find it why was it in there to begin with? Why didn't they just use the data for the species that actually appear in the demo?

Status
Not open for further replies.