• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

phanpycross

God-king
Sad to say, but alolan formes has to be the most disapointing missed chance so far in the franchise imo.

I think the overall point of alolan formes were to show off how the designs of gen 1 would look like today.. And they just failed so bad. Most of the designs are horrifically lazy(dugtrio), unappealing(Grimer and Muk), or kinda pointless (meowth).

It's honestly easy fuel for the genwunners who think gen 1had superior designs.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Can someone help me make out the eye of Pikipek's toucan evolution ? I'm trying to see its face but I can't, at least not clearly. Is it half-lidded from the bottom (blue lid) with a grey eyebrow on top ?
I'm trying to find that last little appeal that will make me go "I WANT IT".

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
I just realized, I think the dolphin Pokémon is that purple island guardian.

They just had to make it a legendary, didn't they...

how do you have a game called sun & moon and then not have Lunatone & Solrock?
Or without Volcarona, the Sun Pokémon, for that matter.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Aurora Veil definitely has potential uses, especially if its user and/or its partner has some bulk, but Throat Chop and Laser Focus are way too situational (unless Throat Chop has a high base power). Given crits only do 1.5 damage now Laser Focus would only be useful against an opponent who has buffed their defenses, and even then it would take two turns to get a benefit from it.

marumaruko

Ghost Trainer

Pre-evolution would mean you can catch this tiny thing and train it, which seems unlikely. I think they are just living black/white stone like energy forms that change their shape given some in-game story event. Could turn out to be similar to the Zygarde Cores, which have a sprite but can't be "caught" either.

I wish people would point out more often that what got leaked were sprites, not THE POKEDEX. Now it's safe to assume that the Pokemon are part of the Pokedex, but the Pikachu forms, probably the UBs (since they are no Pokemon) and these pre legendaries will probably turn out to be just character sprites, not actual Pokemon.

Last edited:

Orphalesion

I just realized, I think the dolphin Pokémon is that purple island guardian.

They just had to make it a legendary, didn't they...

If you look at a bigger picture of it, it turns out it isn't even a dolphin or a fish, it's a humanoid hiding inside a spherical shell (kinda like the shell of a nautilus)

R_N

Ice: The Yeti-Crab (probably)

Dark: uh...erm....maybe the alien spider or the Crown-of-Thorns? Maybe...

I could see wimpod's evolution actually being Bug/Dark or Water/dark

the spiders seem to be based on water bell spiders? Maybe those are water/bug
I'd have to guess that at least one of the Ultra Beasts is a Dark Type and one an Ice type.

Eeyore

Ghost,poison & steel
I think 3 Pokémon are new...the thorny blue and violet thing (sure water-poison), the anchor (steel-grass or steel-ghost) and the bubble head spider (seem to be bug water but I hope ice bug or ice electric). Hope the white crab will be ice.

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
TL|DR version:

Hp/Atk/Def/SpA/SpD/Spe
Jangmo-o: 45/55/65/45/45/45
Hakamo-o: 55/75/90/65/70/65
Rockruff: 45/65/40/30/40/60
Yungoos:: 48/70/30/30/30/45
Pikipek: 48/75/30/30/30/65

Psychic Terrain: Boosts Psychic Moves and blocks priority for grounded Mons. 5 Turns.

Throat Chop: Deals damage and stops the target from producing sound. 2 Turns.

Aurora Veil: Halves damage from Physical AND Special moves. 5 Turns.

Laser Focus: Guaranteed crit next turn.

Gigavolt Havoc CANNOT MISS.

My thing with Z moves are, what if the opponent uses protect? You just wasted an item slot and one shot only to miss... Or if someone switches in with a Ground type on your Gigavolt Havoc. I feel like Laser Focus won't get much usage, just like Lock-on. However, am I the only one thinking Sniper for Rowlett's Hidden Ability?

Psychic Terrain is cool, but Sigilyph cries at not being able to use it well.

Throat Chop is a strange ability, and probably only serves usage on Gardevior or Sylveon. Though being a Fighting or Dark type move, it likely won't be very effective. Aurora Veil is going to be one of the most annoying things ever, and I pray it gets HORRIBLE distribution. Popplio and Aromatisse?

Ice: The Yeti-Crab (probably)

Dark: uh...erm....maybe the alien spider or the Crown-of-Thorns? Maybe...

Would love a faster Ice/Fighting that has access to Crabhammer for pesky fire types.

Crown of Thorns reminds me SO much of Mawile. I feel like it will be an unexpected typing, like pure Dark or Dark/Steel or something.

What are we thinking about the Anchor pokemon? Typing? Stat distribution?

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
I wish people would point out more often that what got leaked were sprites, not THE POKEDEX. Now it's safe to assume that the Pokemon are part of the Pokedex, but the Pikachu forms, probably the UBs (since they are no Pokemon) and these pre legendaries will probably turn out to be just character sprites, not actual Pokemon.
The Ultra Beasts are surprisingly enough catchable apparently, so they must be pokemon.

Sabre_King

I am getting the sense that crabrawler's evolution may be part ice type just based on the design around which would be interesting if it were to become fighting/ice. If this happens then I am definitely adding him to one of my teams.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
My thing with Z moves are, what if the opponent uses protect? You just wasted an item slot and one shot only to miss... Or if someone switches in with a Ground type on your Gigavolt Havoc. I feel like Laser Focus won't get much usage, just like Lock-on. However, am I the only one thinking Sniper for Rowlett's Hidden Ability?

Throat Chop is a strange ability, and probably only serves usage on Gardevior or Sylveon. Though being a Fighting or Dark type move, it likely won't be very effective. Aurora Veil is going to be one of the most annoying things ever, and I pray it gets HORRIBLE distribution. Popplio and Aromatisse?

Would love a faster Ice/Fighting that has access to Crabhammer for pesky fire types.

Crown of Thorns reminds me SO much of Mawile. I feel like it will be an unexpected typing, like pure Dark or Dark/Steel or something.

Z-Moves, Throat Chop, and Psychic Terrain will all be incredible in VGC, but meh in Singles (except for maybe Extreme Evoboost, but it will be hard to pull off). And Aurora Veil certainly needs to have bad distribution, especially if it gets buffed by Light Clay.

Eeyore

Ghost,poison & steel

The anchor sure is steel + grass or ghost. Great defensive stats. Poor speed.

I'm VERY surprised to see that Komala doesn't evolve. It just seems incomplete without an evolution.

Edit: Also, I'm now pretty certain that the Ultra Beasts are in fact Pokemon. My reason for thinking that is simple: Why else would they have shiny sprites?

Last edited:

Eeyore

Ghost,poison & steel
I'm VERY surprised to see that Komala doesn't evolve. It just seems incomplete without an evolution.

Edit: Also, I'm now pretty certain that the Ultra Beasts are in fact Pokemon. My reason for thinking that is simple: Why else would they have shiny sprites?

Agree! And they are catchable so...

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
So it's pretty much the conclusion that the most shocking and disappointing this is no komala evo. I just still can't believe it. Everything in its design, and what it said in its description screamed for a evo.

Status
Not open for further replies.