• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mbah Greget

is that totem pokemon willl be all filling the blank spaces? i mean it have 18 blank spaces which means possible 9 new pokemon?

please salandit3 or fomantis3 please .. :'D

Lunafreya Nox Fleuret

Don't look here.
I can't get over how lackluster this generation dex is..... I'm so glad I didn't speculate on here about it. I was going to be setting myself up for ultimate disappointment. Well, there are some designs I actually like but wow, this is the gen I hate the most pokemon. How is that even possible for a series I love so dearly?

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Actually, it's a Russian Blue. They were very rare initially (which explains why a Royal Family would take an interest in them), so they had to be cross-bred with Siamese cats (ala Persian's inspiration) in order to bolster their numbers, which fits with how Meowth's Alola Form was bred by the Royal Family. Additionally, they aren't only blue, but can often have round ole' heads, like so:

http://nextranks.com/data_images/cats/russian-blue/russian-blue-08.jpg
Yeah, that makes a bit more sense. Just assumed they were taking inspiration from Persian cats since the big, round heads and flatter muzzles are more associated with them than with Russian Blues.

is that totem pokemon willl be all filling the blank spaces? i mean it have 18 blank spaces which means possible 9 new pokemon?

please salandit3 or fomantis3 please .. :'D
Ehh, the only Pokemon I was hoping would have an evolution is Komala. Its design just doesn't scream standalone to me.

Salandit 3 would be nice, but I could see that being the only evolution it gets as well. Fomantis line looks pretty complete, though.

Goddess Yami

Happy Go Lucky
I can't get over how lackluster this generation dex is..... I'm so glad I didn't speculate on here about it. I was going to be setting myself up for ultimate disappointment. Well, there are some designs I actually like but wow, this is the gen I hate the most pokemon. How is that even possible for a series I love so dearly?

It's possible. That's how I feel about most gen 4 Pokemon. You can't like them all!

Julia Artemis

Yeah, that makes a bit more sense. Just assumed they were taking inspiration from Persian cats since the big, round heads and flatter muzzles are more associated with them than with Russian Blues.

Ehh, the only Pokemon I was hoping would have an evolution is Komala. Its design just doesn't scream standalone to me.

Salandit 3 would be nice, but I could see that being the only evolution it gets as well. Fomantis line looks pretty complete, though.

Also Pyukumuku could use an evo as well. Other than that I guess I'd be fine with the number of this generation.

Mbah Greget

maybe yuungos3? i dont want many single stage pokemon again though .

Julia Artemis

It's possible. That's how I feel about most gen 4 Pokemon. You can't like them all!

ugh gen 4 was the worst! Except for Drapion, Lucario, Garchomp, Staraptor the rest of the non starters were terrible. Worst gen for me, which is a shame since I actually liked Shinnoh second best as an actual region. But so many mediocre to bad new pokemon.

Goddess Yami

Happy Go Lucky
ugh gen 4 was the worst! Except for Drapion, Lucario, Garchomp, Staraptor the rest of the non starters were terrible. Worst gen for me, which is a shame since I actually liked Shinnoh second best as an actual region. But so many mediocre to bad new pokemon.

Roserade and Luxray are my two favorites! Over the years I warmed up to other gen 4 Pokemon. I really didn't like Shinnoh. Too much backtracking for my taste.

Back to gen 7. I hope there are few new Pokemon that didn't get leaked. But if not on well. Quality over quantity. I'm actually really pleased with gen 7. I love all 3 starters and all of their evolutions. I can't pick!

strom-z

I agree that Lucario and Garchomp are easily the best here (plus starters like Ape), but imo there were other good ones like Vespiquen, Hippowdon, Floatzel.. and Toxicroak! plus some great new evos like Gliscor, E-vire or Honchkrow.

btw interestingly while Gen5 was easily the one for me with the highest number of bad designs, the graphic jump into Gen6 made me reappreciate a lot of them. things like Pignite looked absolutely dreadful in Gen5 graphics but in the 3D graphics they're much more OK to me (not that Pignite's a great design tho..)

Yorcko

『 S α d β ο γ 』
Being design/content/vibe/marketing/anything-wise, I think we massively disappointed fellas must embrace the fact this generation was not targeting us at all, and might remain like that for future releases.
Definetly not hyped in the least anymore, which genuinely saddens me.

LatiasLover

Pokemon Trainer

I know this isn't supposed to be a "which Gen you hate the most" thread, but I personally dislike the designs in Gen V the most (and I actually love the Ice Cream pokemon!). I didn't like any of the evolutionary lines for Tepig, Patrat, Lillipup, Pansage, Pansear, Panpour, Woobat, Drilbur, Timburr, Tympole, Venipede, Darumaka, Scraggy, Gothita, Foongus, and Deino. For singular Pokemon there's Throh, Sawk, Druddigon, Heatmor, and the three musketeers, which I just completely dislike.

Needless to say, Gen V and I don't really mix well, but maybe that was just my "falling away" generation.

Ultimately though, Gen VI turned things around for me immensely, and I love the majority of the designs this gen too. I know people will say "I wish we had more pokemon like in Gen V!", but I'd personally prefer smaller Gens like these where their designs are able to be more focused and (in my opinion) more well thought out.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Being design/content/vibe/marketing/anything-wise, I think we massively disappointed fellas must embrace the fact this generation was not targeting us at all, and might remain like that for future releases.

Yep. Betting they're aiming more for a newer generation. Which is fine. I'm ok with it and am still hyped for what it's worth, but it does seem to be aimed at getting new fans in.

knightwolf09

You guys do know that many older people actually like what we got, right? Meaning that it isn't catered to only the newer generation. Those disappointed only have particular tastes that just can't be matched anymore because you have very specific standards.

Supersonicbro

So i did some thinking about the Ultra beast scenario, and I thought of a way it could work.

I feel like we won't be able to catch them in the main game, but afterwards they get redeemed or something and choose to stay in our dimension with the player.

...........I also just thought...if we can catch them...that means....

We can use them in pokemon refresh...

Goddess Yami

Happy Go Lucky
You guys do know that many older people actually like what we got, right? Meaning that it isn't catered to only the newer generation. Those disappointed only have particular tastes that just can't be matched anymore because you have very specific standards.

Very true!

I know a lot people were let down with Gen VI, but I wasn't. Why? Because at the end of the day I knew what were getting. Another Pokemon game. The games for Sun and Moon, but it has a bit of a twist.

noakai

I feel like for me the toucan Pokemon is lackluster because it looks like a toucan and not a Pokemon, if that makes sense? Like it looks exactly like they made a 3D model of a toucan instead of the usual mix of real world traits + cartoon aspects that I usually expect.

LatiasLover

Pokemon Trainer

I agree. It's honestly a set of expectations of being a long time fan. I personally thought there would be more three stage evolutions in this game due to previously established Generations, but it looks like my expectations were off point. I can see how some people look at older designs and wish they adapted that sort of style when designing new Pokemon, but I wouldn't necessarily say Gamefreak are doing a new style to try and bring new people in. It's more so that the design process they use now doesn't appeal to some of those people now; and that's okay! We all have different tastes and opinions, that's what makes us human.

However with that said, I think it's as likely that an older player dislikes the new designs just as much as a newer player dislike these new designs, and vice versa. It's just the nature of things I suppose.

Squirtortoise

I haven't looked at any of the pics besides the starters and Dugtrio (which is a mess), so it's interesting to read what you guys are talking about without actually having anything else to go on xD . I don't think I'll take a look at the leaks at all tbh, I'll just stick to whatever they release in trailers in the next month. I do want to ask something though. Everyone keeps mentioning how small Marshadow is. Correct me if I'm wrong, but there are no names to go with the sprites that were datamined, so how does everyone know this Pokemon is Marshadow?

DemonSpawn

The demo was pretty fun--was mostly cool getting to play Ash-Greninja, and Pikachu with Gigavolt Havoc. The graphics were fine, though I wish the demo's battles were 3-D.

As the sprites go, I'm somewhere on the positive side. I'm already thinking of using at least two Alolan forms: namely, Raichu and Marowak. Also, after so many hours, I've come to a point of greater amusement toward Dugtrio and (to a bit of a lesser extent) Persian's new forms. I like the rest of the Alolan forms, and may actually need to restrain myself from using more than two of them. (Want to give some of the newer 'Mons their proper dues.)

I'm surprised by Litten3's seemingly unequivocal popularity. Is it not too Emboar for anyone else? In any case, I haven't changed my mind from wanting to start with Rowlet; having an archer/robin hood theme only bolstered this. Other new 'Mons that I most want to end up with include Wimpod2, Silvally, and Kommo-o.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.