• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darthleapyous

Just imagine what this means for the franchise. GF can literally do anything, any idea ever, and justify it by saying it ins't a pokemon but you can still battle with it. This is a big step for this series imo. Pokemon isn't just about Pokemon anymore.

Agreed. This generation opens up lots of opportunities for Pokemon's future.

Sulfurian

I wonder if this means this new pokeball is used to capture the box legends, considering it seems they do share something common to the UBs.

Zaide

My complaints with Gen 7 right now, nerfed priority moves, i mean that will only make speed more important than ever, if they were going to nerf priority moves, it should only be for pokemon with gale wings or prankster or extreme speed or technician or battle bond, the rest don't have to have their priority moves nerfed. Priority moves aren't that powerful for most pokemon to begin with.
In fairness, the two new abilities + Psychic terrain will likely have only few users, and it appears most of them are weak to dark, ghost, flying or steel types. I kinda like it, because for instance, the Psychic tapu, which will cause Psychic terrain to activate, is weak to moves like Shadow Sneak and Bullet Punch. Bruxish is weak to Sucker Punch and Shadow Sneak. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Lunala gets access to Psychic Terrain, which would prevent making it an easy pray for Shadow Sneak/Sucker Punch users. All in all, I think it's a good thing they've added that, since it prevents just spamming priority moves, and it will allow certain pokémon which would be otherwise unviable competitively to be viable. Also prevent annoying prankster abuses - which will lead to more strategic battles and team building (making compromises about choosing prankster for priority or another ability to be able to spread status and stuff like that to everything).

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?

Darthleapyous

The gold thingies on the new Pokeball seem to resemble those on the Solgaleo pre-evolution. I wonder if that means the UB's and legendaries are connected somehow?

EDIT: I also think that some of the UB's are gonna be version exclusives like UB-02.

Last edited:

Kaasuti

MegaKaasutizard
Hurrah for no HMs!. Bikes i'm not going to miss either, riding Pokemon should have been a thing (I don't count riding Gogoat in XY) ages ago. Flying on a Charizard is a perfect way to travel ;).

That new Pokeball is very interesting. It's opening animation is really cool as well.

Akashin

The gold thingies on the new Pokeball seem to resemble those on the Solgaleo pre-evolution. I wonder if that means the UB's and legendaries are connected somehow?

I was just about to note the same thing. There was already a good chance they were related due to them being seen going into a UB portal in that recent trailer, but this makes me wonder if Solgaleo/Lunala's pre-evo is involved in the creation of this Pokeball somehow.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Regarding HM's, well it was kind of expected that they would be removed (atleast for SM), because of the Ride feature.

As for TM changes,
- Its good that both 'Surf' & 'Waterfall' have been converted to TM's.

- Since they have removed 'Flash' from TM's, does that mean there is no Dark Caves in SM?

- Making 'Leech Life' a TM is a bit confusing, unless they increased its BP. Removal of 'Dig' is ok as well.

- Considering that their is no Special'ly inclined 'Technician' Pokemon that can learn 'Incinerate' (yet). Guess its ok to remove that move from TM listings.

- Wonder what would be the effects of removing 'Power-Up Punch' as TM (since its used quite a lot, if i am correct).

And yet some how Fly becomes a TM lol
Fly is a really good move IMO
Not a chance... it's got a chance of missing and it's easy as hell to counter

The thing is that "Fly" even if its sort of a bad move, its still a powerful move (accessible to all Pokemon who can fly) and doesn't have that many effective counters to it, unlike "Dig" for example.

Zahzu

4. The toucan? I like it, don't get me wrong...it just doesn't seem to match pikipek as much as I thought it would. Like as individual Pokémon nothing is wrong with them. Love them. And I guess they have same base colours...but they still seem like it just sort of happened? I don't know. Not so much as a disappointment as just seems off to me. Like the whole Butterfree-venomoth thing matching the other line better.

Ok, so I gotta be an animal nerd and point out that the Pikipek line REALLY impressed me.

You say they don't look similar, but the crazy thing is-- toucans and woodpeckers actually DID evolve from the same animal!! The two bird groups (along with a couple other really small, obscure birds-- including Jacamars, which I ttthhhiiink is what the middle evo is based on!) are all very closely related, despite looking nothing alike! (Talk about some awesome research on the Pokemon team's part, though!!)

My only real regret is just the total lack of species. There are more species on island ecosystems ALONE than almost the ENTIRE rest of the planet, so it's disappointing to see such a small number of species. :(
Like, seriously? There are over 110 lemur species (that's 1/4th of the total primates on Earth, and nearly 3x more than the total numbers of either feline or canine species) and, now that they FINALLY made a Lemur Pokemon-- after TWENTY YEARS-- and it doesn't even have a pre-evo??? Smh...

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Fly is a really good move IMO

Fly is garbage like all other two-turn moves to be honest. There's no sense giving your opponent a free turn to switch to a counter or set up in your face. On the other hand since HMs are going away I wasn't really expecting the more iconic ones to go anywhere.

Akashin

No hms, no gyms and there's "ultra beasts" now. Is this even Pokemon anymore??!

Well, let's see. Are there Pokemon? Yep. Do we battle with them? We sure do. And do we participate in a quest that, while not the Gym Challenge we've done until now, remains centered on growing and getting stronger alongside Pokemon? It certainly seems like it.

A house is a house, even with a fresh coat of paint.

Status
Not open for further replies.