• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
I hope that one day Frustration will no longer be a TM.

Not only it completely goes against the Pokemon concept as a whole (they're meant to have a bond with you, not hate you to the max), but also, it's only useful in an extremely specific situation.

And oh, Confide. That move was useless.

I'll admit Frustration is pretty useless in-game being as it's a pain in the *** to maintain 0 Happiness, but competitively it has a niche on Normal types and -ate ability users as a strong, reliable STAB that screws Ditto over if it doesn't set its happiness to 0.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
Does anyone know the types of the pokemon found?

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
I'll admit Frustration is pretty useless in-game being as it's a pain in the *** to maintain 0 Happiness, but competitively it has a niche on Normal types and -ate ability users as a strong, reliable STAB that screws Ditto over if it doesn't set its happiness to 0.

Yeah, that's the extremely specific situation I mentioned.

There really aren't any Flying types that get access to Fly without getting a better Flying move though, especially given 2 consecutive Aerial Aces massively outdamages Fly.

Landorus. Really annoyed me that it's a Flying type yet it literally only has Fly as its Flying move. Thundurus is also bad, having only Fly and Sky Drop.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Does anyone know the types of the pokemon found?

No, we don't, sadly.

Because their data has been removed, if there is a way to find them, it will take some time.

Sulfurian

Kinda called that this would be the initial reaction if we found out UBs are capturable.

I don't like using legendaries as is, it feels kind of wrong to use them to be honest. so yeah I doubt I'll ever be okay with seeing people use Ultra Beasts
I do hope GF implements a system simular to battle maison for online quick matches to ban box legendaries, except things like suicune.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
All datamined information has been compiled.
Please check the first post of THIS thread.

willprogresivo

Creepy Uncle
Well, let's see. Are there Pokemon? Yep. Do we battle with them? We sure do. And do we participate in a quest that, while not the Gym Challenge we've done until now, remains centered on growing and getting stronger alongside Pokemon? It certainly seems like it.

A house is a house, even with a fresh coat of paint.

Jesus... can't you people accept ANY criticism? This ins't nitpicking. This is MAJOR. No gyms is MAJOR. No HMs is MAJOR.

Let me effing dislike something, would you?

Cobalt_Latios

Christ... I don't even remember the last time I browsed this part of the site... no, hold on... I think I was looking up information on how to get that special edition 3DS XL for XY... so, 3 years ago? Something like that...

Anyways, figures something like this would bring me back, so without further ado...

Bet we're going dimension hopping in Gen 8 fellas

Well, a tropical setting invoking entities from another dimension certainly wasn't my first thought. Curious to see where GameFreak goes after this.

What if the player actually travels into the UB's supposed dimension, like the Distortion World in Platinum?

That's the kind of plot twist I'd like to have. Maybe not the actual plot twist I'd want, but that does sound daring.

Huh. Looks like my theory on special UB pokeballs was right.

I mean, I didn't expect you'd capture them normally. Also, for only 8 of them, I figured it would be somekind of device. That being said, if there's an entirely new ball for these guys... maybe parallel dimensions is the next big step for the series? I mean, we've essentially covered everything else at this point, dimensions is something we haven't done much with.

Dimensional balls.... damn, was hoping the Ultra Beasts couldn't get caught

I mean, given the situation of their appearance, and the assumption that they're "not" Pokemon (or at least, not in the traditional sense), maybe. But still, if they're listed here in some fashion, then clearly it was intended.

I want to know why nobody is talking about the awesome new pokeball? :U

Probably still pretty recent. And it's not exactly easy to find things in 60+ pages of content. Hell, I had to sift through 30+ from where I last left off before I figured out where I was =_=;;.

Because Ultra Beasts are the worst

At least calling these Digimon is way too much of a stretch xD.

Kinda called that this would be the initial reaction if we found out UBs are capturable.

I mean, they do look really strange and kind of freaky. But that's mostly due to how unnatural they appear, along with their very alien looks and no discernible faces. With the except of like, 3 of them. In fact, ever since the very notion of these things, along with the Aether Foundation, I've found renewed interest in these games for actually providing me a solid mystery I want to know more about. Okay, sure, the reveal of them being capturable does take some mystery out, but that's only one factor to them. There's still a lot we don't know about them.

sheld999

so basically we got 10+ more ;pokemon than kalos ( but didn't they found new forms in oras demo ) than xy i remember they datamine kalos and found the three mythical ones so will that happen again ?

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
"The battlefield got weird!
The weirdness disappeared from the battlefield!"

http://pastebin.com/r5KREWe0

What is this.

Edit:

"[VAR PKNICK(0000)] became fully charged due to its bond with its Trainer!
[VAR BD06(0000)]The wild [VAR PKNICK(0000)] became fully charged due to its bond!
[VAR BD06(0000)]The opposing [VAR PKNICK(0000)] became fully charged due to its bond with its Trainer!
[VAR BD06(0000)]Totem [VAR PKNICK(0000)] became fully charged due to its bond!
[VAR PKNICK(0000)] became Ash-Greninja!
The wild [VAR PKNICK(0000)] became Ash-Greninja!
The opposing [VAR PKNICK(0000)] became Ash-Greninja!
Totem [VAR PKNICK(0000)] became Ash-Greninja!
[VAR PKNICK(0000)] transformed into its Complete Forme!
[VAR BD06(0000)]The wild [VAR PKNICK(0000)] transformed into its Complete Forme!
[VAR BD06(0000)]The opposing [VAR PKNICK(0000)] transformed into its Complete Forme!
Totem [VAR PKNICK(0000)] transformed into its Complete Forme!
[VAR PKNICK(0000)] couldn’t fully protect itself and got hurt!
[VAR BD06(0000)]The wild [VAR PKNICK(0000)] couldn’t fully protect itself and got hurt!
[VAR BD06(0000)]The opposing [VAR PKNICK(0000)] couldn’t fully protect itself and got hurt!
[VAR BD06(0000)]Totem [VAR PKNICK(0000)] couldn’t fully protect itself and got hurt!"

"[VAR PKNICK(0000)] switched Speed with its target!
The wild [VAR PKNICK(0000)] switched Speed with its target!
The opposing [VAR PKNICK(0000)] switched Speed with its [VAR BD06(0000)]target!
Totem [VAR PKNICK(0000)] switched Speed with its target!
[VAR PKNICK(0000)] burned itself out!
The wild [VAR PKNICK(0000)] burned itself out!
The opposing [VAR PKNICK(0000)] burned itself out!
Totem [VAR PKNICK(0000)] burned itself out!"

???

Last edited:

sheld999

"The battlefield got weird!
The weirdness disappeared from the battlefield!"

http://pastebin.com/r5KREWe0

What is this.

Edit:

"[VAR PKNICK(0000)] became fully charged due to its bond with its Trainer!
[VAR BD06(0000)]The wild [VAR PKNICK(0000)] became fully charged due to its bond!
[VAR BD06(0000)]The opposing [VAR PKNICK(0000)] became fully charged due to its bond with its Trainer!
[VAR BD06(0000)]Totem [VAR PKNICK(0000)] became fully charged due to its bond!
[VAR PKNICK(0000)] became Ash-Greninja!
The wild [VAR PKNICK(0000)] became Ash-Greninja!
The opposing [VAR PKNICK(0000)] became Ash-Greninja!
Totem [VAR PKNICK(0000)] became Ash-Greninja!
[VAR PKNICK(0000)] transformed into its Complete Forme!
[VAR BD06(0000)]The wild [VAR PKNICK(0000)] transformed into its Complete Forme!
[VAR BD06(0000)]The opposing [VAR PKNICK(0000)] transformed into its Complete Forme!
Totem [VAR PKNICK(0000)] transformed into its Complete Forme!
[VAR PKNICK(0000)] couldn’t fully protect itself and got hurt!
[VAR BD06(0000)]The wild [VAR PKNICK(0000)] couldn’t fully protect itself and got hurt!
[VAR BD06(0000)]The opposing [VAR PKNICK(0000)] couldn’t fully protect itself and got hurt!
[VAR BD06(0000)]Totem [VAR PKNICK(0000)] couldn’t fully protect itself and got hurt!"

"[VAR PKNICK(0000)] switched Speed with its target!
The wild [VAR PKNICK(0000)] switched Speed with its target!
The opposing [VAR PKNICK(0000)] switched Speed with its [VAR BD06(0000)]target!
Totem [VAR PKNICK(0000)] switched Speed with its target!
[VAR PKNICK(0000)] burned itself out!
The wild [VAR PKNICK(0000)] burned itself out!
The opposing [VAR PKNICK(0000)] burned itself out!
Totem [VAR PKNICK(0000)] burned itself out!"

???

i dont get it ? keen to expplaine in a simple term ??

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
That's the demo text dump, I just collected the parts that interested and/or confused me.

Status
Not open for further replies.