• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

yumenokage

faerie dragon ghost
I don't suppose we have return of apricorn balls, or updated animations for them (so they're not all the same)?

Sakuraba

BlackButterfree

I'm so disappointed that we have nothing for Butterfree. Those leaks had me so excited for Bug/Psychic Alolafree. And I don't know how I feel about yet another small batch of Pokémon. :/

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
So... Since we have TM's in the data, does that also mean we have the Pokémon that can learn them?

Ver-mont

I have a question and im sorry if its been answered but is jangmo-o and its evolutions the new "pseudo legendaries"? i never used a pseudo on my ingame team and dont really want that to change

If the datamined stats are correct, it seems so.

They're consistent with the 1st and 2nd stages of the previous pseudo legendary lines.

gcheezy

Did the thought to any of you ever occur that maybe this data mine only applies to the demo? Not the whole game. More of the original 151 could have all forms. They could have intentionally put this data in the demo to make us think it is everything when in fact the actual game has way more.

Bus

If the datamined stats are correct, it seems so.

They're consistent with the 1st and 2nd stages of the previous pseudo legendary lines.

Its either that or Tsareena....I think those are the only two liens that have 3 stages to them lol.

Huckleberry

Poison Trainer
Did the thought to any of you ever occur that maybe this data mine only applies to the demo? Not the whole game. More of the original 151 could have all forms. They could have intentionally put this data in the demo to make us think it is everything when in fact the actual game has way more.

Some of us have posited the same idea, but it isn't very likely. It would definitely be amusing, though.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
That same reasoning was used for the ORAS demo, and it turned out that nothing was being hidden. It's not utterly impossible that the full game won't have more pokemon, but we have little reason to think it will. Best to not raise your expectations until actual evidence comes out.

Sakuraba

Nah. At this point, I'd be very surprised if we get anything else

BCVM22

I'm so disappointed that we have nothing for Butterfree. Those leaks had me so excited for Bug/Psychic Alolafree.

But why be disappointed about what we didn't get and what was never hinted at or promised?

It occurred to the last twenty people to bring it up, yes, and the notion that this isn't the entire data set is likely false and born of denial. The notion that this is the case AND it was done intentionally is definitely false and born of denial.

Last edited:

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
It is admittedly strange that it seems that they are abandoning event mythicals aside from Magearna (assuming what we think is Marshadow is not an event pokemon). Perhaps some of the Ultra Beasts will be event pokemon?

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan

Did the thought ever occur to you to check the thread and see if maybe dozens of other people haven't already posted the exact same idea as you? Or perhaps to see if dozens more people haven't already refuted that idea?

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
It is admittedly strange that it seems that they are abandoning event mythicals aside from Magearna (assuming what we think is Marshadow is not an event pokemon). Perhaps some of the Ultra Beasts will be event pokemon?

I like it, it sucked leaving Genesect and Volcanion unobtainable until the final year of the generation. And it's back to the normal amount. In gens 1-2, we only had one event Pokemon(Mew and Celebi) then it went up to 2 in Hoenn.... then 3 in Sinnoh-Kalos.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
I actually could see this as a possibility, given that it's kind of weird they scrubbed minor things like stats yet still left major models in.

Buttt still unlikely.

Rowlet

That's what I'm assuming, I don't think you'll be able to catch all 8 Ultra Beasts in a row. I'm betting some will be handed out as events

Eeyore

Ghost,poison & steel
Well...if winpod Evo is still bug water, then maybe the new spider could be bug ice or any other type...too much water type in every gen

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
I'm so disappointed that we have nothing for Butterfree. Those leaks had me so excited for Bug/Psychic Alolafree.
I feel you, I really do :|

I never use old mons in my teams, so once Alola Butterfree was "leaked" I got really excited about having my favorite back in my team again. Once it was deconfirmed, I couldn't simply remove it anymore, so I will break my 'no old mon' clause and stick with it anyways.

Still, once the A!Butterfree leak was debunked, I was hoping it meant it would get a Mega (something I've being anxiously waiting for since Mega Beedrill)... but no. Well, I still think it is going to get a mega at some point, but god damn it I wanted it to get its long deserved redemption now -_-
Oh well, I guess I will be satisfied if it at least learns a good special flying type move.

Hauke_von_Arding

Alolan Raichu, it got psychic powers from eating pancakes.
No it don't. It's just a funny theory of the Alolan people. Nothing serious.

That's what I'm assuming, I don't think you'll be able to catch all 8 Ultra Beasts in a row. I'm betting some will be handed out as events

But if they are really important for the story... this wouldn't make much sense wouldn't it?

Last edited by a moderator:

BlackButterfree

But why be disappointed about what we didn't get and what was never hinted at or promised?

Because that's my right as a modern human. ;)

I feel you, I really do :|

I never use old mons in my teams, so once Alola Butterfree was "leaked" I got really excited about having my favorite back in my team again. Once it was deconfirmed, I couldn't simply remove it anymore, so I will break my 'no old mon' clause and stick with it anyways.

Still, once the A!Butterfree leak was debunked, I was hoping it meant it would get a Mega (something I've being anxiously waiting for since Mega Beedrill)... but no. Well, I still think it is going to get a mega at some point, but god damn it I wanted it to get its long deserved redemption now -_-
Oh well, I guess I will be satisfied if it at least learns a good special flying type move.

Butterfree is my absolute favorite Pokémon of all time, and it sucks that it hasn't had any kind of love, since... Well... "Bye, Bye Butterfree".

Status
Not open for further replies.