• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

TyLogic

gamefreak does consider them new pokemon but not new pokemon.

Any time they've showed off new pokemon together, megas & alolans are usually lumped in where applicable. In gen 4 especially, Shaymin & Rotom's forms used similar "new pokemon" language in their lead up iirc.

The most notable image I remember is during the gen 6 prerelease, where they were going over all the pokemon revealed up to Honedge and Mega Mewtwo was there (marked as ??????). Mega Mewtwo in general was, before hte mega revealed treated as "a mysterious pokemon with a connection to mewtwo" which was utterly hialrious because we literally saw mewtwo transform into it.

It's bizarre thing in general.

Yes, I remember the Mewtwo thing.

If you add the number of new Pokemon to the number of Mega Evolutions in generation 6, then the sum should be in the hundreds (I think). By that logic, they actually did make more than a hundred new Pokemon. How many gen 7 and Alola forms are there combined? It's probably over a hundred too.

noakai

I just hope that they spread the regional forms out like they did for megas (even though there's still a ways to go there). I actually like the idea of them going back and doing new things with established Pokemon, but it needs to be more fair and not just Kanto only. I get why they pander so hard to gen 1, I was one of the kids who played Red and Blue and still love Charizard, but there are a lot of other gens that deserve as much of a chance to get some love. If they spread the regional forms out a lot, I honestly would love it so much.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I guess all we really need to know about the Alolan forms is their BST... I can't imagine they gain the Mega Boost, so it has to be redistribution

yefluke

Dizzy Trainer
It seems GF heavily featured Gen1 mon since XY.
We have abra for almost every generation...

I hope we will get less gen 1 mons for next generation.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
I guess all we really need to know about the Alolan forms is their BST... I can't imagine they gain the Mega Boost, so it has to be redistribution

Which really doenst help much at all for basically almost all of these except maybe the tree and marowak. Persian will still be useless.

Sabre_King

It was a mistranslation. They haven't been confirmed to share a secret.

Thanks for that, well that's a bummer then lol. Well based on the data mine and z moves I wonder which pokemon are getting stand alone z moves, we already know 4 of the them through reveals already. I hope the starters each get their own and possibly Greninja based on his giant water shuriken as seen in the anime. That would leave three more but based on how much attention is placed on gen 1 I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the gen 1 starters got their own z moves.

Julytony6

What if there were a connection between Rockruff and the starters and it lies in the evolution. The starters would have an alternate 3rd stage due to sunlight/moonlight. I really want Litten to stay on all fours. lol

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
What if there were a connection between Rockruff and the starters and it lies in the evolution. The starters would have an alternate 3rd stage due to sunlight/moonlight. I really want Litten to stay on all fours. lol

Not happening or it would have been in the datamine.

SebastiaanZ

Not happening or it would have been in the datamine.

Are you absolutely certain we know everything? You seem to hamper a lot on the fact that datamining has revealed everything. I highly doubt it.

Sulfurian

I still say the best thing about Sun and Moon from what we know so far are details on the environment, OST, and most of all adding a fresh coat of paint to the series in general, and new features. While the Pokémon additions took a hit and only minor improvements to the detail of pokemon models.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Are you absolutely certain we know everything? You seem to hamper a lot on the fact that datamining has revealed everything. I highly doubt it.

Trust me I don't want it to be everything, but just like when mallow was revealed, I admitted the concept art as real. Everything was datamined. So either that is all the pokemon, or Nintendo purposely wanted the game to be datamined and left random things out.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan

There are unlikely to be any Pokemon that weren't discovered from the datamining being as GameFreak went to such great lengths to hide the information we did get from us, so it's almost certainly the complete Dex. It wouldn't make any sense if they scrubbed some models but forgot about others (and a good number of them too). The idea that there may be more Pokemon that the datamining didn't reveal is one born of false hope and doesn't have any basis in the evidence we've uncovered thusfar. So you can "highly doubt it" all you want, but the fact of the matter is all the evidence points towards this being it.

I'm honestly getting tired of having this same argument over and over and over again. People need to learn to accept the evidence even when it doesn't point towards what they were hoping for.

Sulfurian

There are unlikely to be any Pokemon that weren't discovered from the datamining being as GameFreak went to such great lengths to hide the information we did get from us, so it's almost certainly the complete Dex. It wouldn't make any sense if they scrubbed some models but forgot about others (and a good number of them too). The idea that there may be more Pokemon that the datamining didn't reveal is one born of false hope and doesn't have any basis in the evidence we've uncovered thusfar. So you can "highly doubt it" all you want, but the fact of the matter is all the evidence points towards this being it.

I'm honestly getting tired of having this same argument over and over and over again. People need to learn to accept the evidence even when it doesn't point towards what they were hoping for.

On that note, since it seems that everything has been revealed, do we know anything regarding battle maison/battle frontier? Or any trace of BP?

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
On that note, since it seems that everything has been revealed, do we know anything regarding battle maison/battle frontier? Or any trace of BP?

I'm not sure if that was supposed to be a jab or not, but I should point out that I never claimed everything has been revealed *full stop*. I pointed out that we now know the full Dex and the idea that there are more Pokemon that the datamine didn't uncover (such as split starter evolutions) is one that is not supported by the evidence we have at hand.

On the off chance that wasn't a jab, no. Someone mentioned that The Riddler may have hinted at the return of the Battle Frontier but I haven't seen this myself, and I don't follow The Riddler so take that as hearsay.

Sulfurian

I'm not sure if that was supposed to be a jab or not, but I should point out that I never claimed everything has been revealed *full stop*. I pointed out that we now know the full Dex and the idea that there are more Pokemon that the datamine didn't uncover (such as split starter evolutions) is one that is not supported by the evidence we have at hand.

On the off chance that wasn't a jab, no. Someone mentioned that The Riddler may have hinted at the return of the Battle Frontier but I haven't seen this myself, and I don't follow The Riddler so take that as hearsay.

Sorry, didn't mean to make it sound like a jab, was curious.

SebastiaanZ

I don't know why you are getting so defensive suddenly ... I just doubt this is everything.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
I don't know why you are getting so defensive suddenly ... I just doubt this is everything.

You're imagining things. I have nothing to be defensive of. I'm tired of people making the same argument over and over again without providing any factual basis for it, or even solid reasoning for why they think there might be undiscovered Pokemon that weren't uncovered by the datamine (gut feelings and "just a hunch..." aren't solid reasonings...), and no matter how many times or how thoroughly it gets shot down.

SebastiaanZ

You're imagining things. I have nothing to be defensive of. I'm tired of people making the same argument over and over again without providing any factual basis for it, or even solid reasoning for why they think there might be undiscovered Pokemon that weren't uncovered by the datamine (gut feelings and "just a hunch..." aren't solid reasonings...), and no matter how many times or how thoroughly it gets shot down.

You are being defensive about it and now even kinda insulting me. But hey that's probably my "imagination". I am not making any argument about it, you are escalating things here. But hey think what you want. You stick with your datamining, I'll remain questioning it until Sun/Moon is actually released.

BCVM22

Because after 85 pages, people are tired of giving multiple good reasons why this is everything (within reason) only to get responses of "hmm, nah" on the tissue thin basis of "gut feelings" and denial.

Status
Not open for further replies.