• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabre_King

Trust me I don't want it to be everything, but just like when mallow was revealed, I admitted the concept art as real. Everything was datamined. So either that is all the pokemon, or Nintendo purposely wanted the game to be datamined and left random things out.

I am not saying it happened but that would be pretty funny if they did purposely hid some things and not other things, in a way they would have learned from the ORAS demo lol well either the announcement next week or the actual game release will shed light on everything. If things were hidden or not I still think most of the new pokemon this generation had awesome designs for the majority so I cannot wait to try my teams I have in my mind. The only bummer is just the amount of single stage pokemon seems a bit excessive, which I can see a lot of backlash from fans, hopefully the single stage pokemon have stats to make them in some way competitive.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
You are being defensive about it and now even kinda insulting me.

Remember kids, if you can't provide any evidence to support your argument, or think of any logical way to defend it, accuse your opponent of being defensive. Then when he denies that, instead of pointing to where specifically they were being defensive, double down and accuse them again. If you're really feeling pecky, throw in accusations of insults for good measure.

I'm done with this argument. Not worth getting an infraction over nonsense like this.

Anyways, back to the discussion on hand, does anyone have any idea what's getting leaked in the 5th datamine video? I keep hearing trainer classes but I'm not really sure where that came from. Would be nice if they found some dialogue or something that might hint towards the types or abilities of the new Pokemon, but maybe that's too much to hope for.

EDIT: Ah, never mind, apparently it's already live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArNdThqpWMw

Last edited:

Aleh

«Last Hope»
The new video is up, it has tons of little interesting stuff.
Glad they changed the potions, it was about time they got balanced out

Last edited:

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
The new video is up, it has tons of little interesting stuff. I wonder what the small, black icons at the end are.
Glad they changed the potions, it was about time they got balanced out

To me, it looks like stickers of various Pokemon (I see a Tentacruel, Wobbufett, Geodude, Machop, Magikarp, etc...). I'm not really sure what they'll be used for, though...

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Never mind, apparently they're just the body type icons used in the Pokédex

Oh, interesting... That's why there were a few in there I couldn't really place. To be honest I forgot those even existed.

Jacob2145

Dunno if this has been addressed in this thread, but I don't feel like checking all the pages. On the 1st day the dataminers discovered that there were blank entries in the Pokedex with missing sprites and that included both new Pokemon and Alola forms. Why do people here say then that the whole Pokedex has been revealed?

Sulfurian

Interesting, so we do still receive a championship ribbon for Alola, then. But how with the trails remain to be seen.

SebastiaanZ

Dunno if this has been addressed in this thread, but I don't feel like checking all the pages. On the 1st day the dataminers discovered that there were blank entries in the Pokedex with missing sprites and that included both new Pokemon and Alola forms. Why do people here say then that the whole Pokedex has been revealed?

One of the reasons why I doubt the datamined stuff has been revealed to be everything they know :D
I know its probably a long shot, but I am still hoping for some unrevealed Pokemon.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan

Because the missing sprites only occur after known Totem Pokemon, meaning these are most likely where the models of the Totem Pokemon would go. The sprites we got were taken from Team Preview, and being as Totem Pokemon are uncatchable, there's no reason for them to have sprites in Team Preview. This is why their sprite slots are blank.

Or at least that's the most likely theory. It's the only one that explains why they only seem to occur after known Totem Pokemon.

I'm not sure where the blank Pokedex entries comes from. As far as I'm aware all Pokemon that aren't involved in the demo had their Pokedex entries scrubbed (and maybe even the ones that are, I haven't played the demo myself). If I could get a source for that I'll look into it though.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Oh, interesting... That's why there were a few in there I couldn't really place. To be honest I forgot those even existed.

They were altered in ORAS.

Edit: Also, the type crystal doesn't have Mew on it, it is actually one of the type symbols.

Given the pop up images, it seems that we are back to single Fishing Rod, like BW.

Last edited:

Jacob2145

Because the missing sprites only occur after known Totem Pokemon, meaning these are most likely where the models of the Totem Pokemon would go. The sprites we got were taken from Team Preview, and being as Totem Pokemon are uncatchable, there's no reason for them to have sprites in Team Preview. This is why their sprite slots are blank.

Or at least that's the most likely theory. It's the only one that explains why they only seem to occur after known Totem Pokemon.

I'm not sure where the blank Pokedex entries comes from. As far as I'm aware all Pokemon that aren't involved in the demo had their Pokedex entries scrubbed (and maybe even the ones that are, I haven't played the demo myself). If I could get a source for that I'll look into it though.

Still, how do you know that Gamefreak put every game code in the demo? This is the demo after all, why put all the data anyway? Now, I'm not saying that the "this is the whole dex" theory is false, but I wouldn't be so sure that it's absolutely true, either. One thing that I find strange is that Exeggcute and Cubone did not get Alola forms whereas in other situations, whole lines got Alola forms.

Novembre

There are two flutes apparently. One for each legendary. Probably for Radiant Sun phase and Full Moon phase, but I'm wondering if these flutes have a connection with the pre-evolutions...

I'm so hyped by the storyline. It seems to be better than the previous ones.

noakai

Still, how do you know that Gamefreak put every game code in the demo? This is the demo after all, why put all the data anyway? Now, I'm not saying that the "this is the whole dex" theory is false, but I wouldn't be so sure that it's absolutely true, either. One thing that I find strange is that Exeggcute and Cubone did not get Alola forms whereas in other situations, whole lines got Alola forms.

We've known those two don't get Alola forms for forever. It's the same with Pikachu and Raichu - some Pokemon's first stages just don't have Alola versions. Also, it makes no sense that GF only managed to take out like 7 Pokemon and left ALL of the rest, including the really spoilery ones, inside.

But this is the same song and dance we went through with XY when people couldn't accept the lower number of new Pokemon so I expect it will continue until the game is out.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan

Absolutely true is in and of itself a fallacy so I wouldn't claim that. I would only say that it's the most likely possibility and that any other possibility isn't currently supported by the evidence (which is partially why it annoys me to no end when people act like the odds of us getting new Pokemon that weren't revealed in the datamine is equal with the odds of that not happening).

On the other hand I would say this is the complete Pokedex because GameFreak went to such a great length to hide it from us, and the information that was discovered indicates that they made a mistake and forgot to clean some things that they should have. In order for new Pokemon to exist that weren't found in the demo, one of two things would have had to happen. Either a), they cleaned some sprites from Team Preview and the Shiny Dex but forgot to clean out others (and a good number of them too), or b), they intentionally left in what we found while cleaning everything else. Neither one seems very likely to me.

I don't really feel like getting into another argument over this. The evidence is there for you to see for yourself and come to whatever conclusion you wish from it.

Jacob2145

We've known those two don't get Alola forms for forever. It's the same with Pikachu and Raichu - some Pokemon's first stages just don't have Alola versions. Also, it makes no sense that GF only managed to take out like 7 Pokemon and left ALL of the rest, including the really spoilery ones, inside.

But this is the same song and dance we went through with XY when people couldn't accept the lower number of new Pokemon so I expect it will continue until the game is out.

Well, if that's the truth then I'm disappointed. Starting from gen 6 we don't get more than ~70 new Pokemon and their excuse is Mega Evolutions, Ultra-Beasts, Alola Forms, etc. I don't give a damn about this stuff, I'd like to see cool new Pokemon. Remember gen 5? 156 new Pokemon! You can't really not understand why people are disappointed. Also, this gen 1 milking is making me sick. Why does only gen 1 get so much special treatment? Most megas were gen 1 (including starters), now ALL Alola forms are gen 1. My first Pokemon game was Red, but I don't have this nostalgia everyone seems to have, I'd like other gens get some cool stuff. I seriously hope that in a future generation we'll be getting over 100 new mons again.

Jacob2145

That guy on Twitter posted an interesting theory which could make sense... that the legendaries are a second evolution, not the first. First of all, the "baby forms" should be next to the legendaries, but they're next to themselves. Secondly, that violet/sun... thing looks like it could evolve into both Lunala and Solgaleo.

SebastiaanZ

Well, if that's the truth then I'm disappointed. Starting from gen 6 we don't get more than ~70 new Pokemon and their excuse is Mega Evolutions, Ultra-Beasts, Alola Forms, etc. I don't give a damn about this stuff, I'd like to see cool new Pokemon. Remember gen 5? 156 new Pokemon! You can't really not understand why people are disappointed. Also, this gen 1 milking is making me sick. Why does only gen 1 get so much special treatment? Most megas were gen 1 (including starters), now ALL Alola forms are gen 1. My first Pokemon game was Red, but I don't have this nostalgia everyone seems to have, I'd like other gens get some cool stuff. I seriously hope that in a future generation we'll be getting over 100 new mons again.

I agree that the 70-80 new pokemon trend is a little disappointing. The thing I am no real fan of if it turns out that the Ultra Beasts are taking spots away from Pokemon that could've been released. Not sure if this is the case.
The thing that XYORAS did right was new forms and Mega's. So disappointed that sofar no new Mega's have been revealed or are introduced. Really nice mechanic that should have been pushed through to these games.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
That guy on Twitter posted an interesting theory which could make sense... that the legendaries are a second evolution, not the first. First of all, the "baby forms" should be next to the legendaries, but they're next to themselves. Secondly, that violet/sun... thing looks like it could evolve into both Lunala and Solgaleo.

Yeah, Wulava suggested that before and I went with it.

That very much seems to be the case with what we know.

PokeFan707

I think I may have a possible explanation to how not every Pokemon may have been revealed, not sure if it's really evidence, but I think a few past games may work as a fact to explain how we didn't see every Pokemon. I don't know how the information was gotten so if I'm missing a detail that proves this wrong, then it's because I just wasn't aware of it or able to find it when I was viewing all five parts of the video.

I remember when Diamond and Pearl came out, a lot of Pokemon that were evolutions couldn't be evolved due to simply lacking the Pokemon in question or access to the needed items. Certain legendaries like Heatran and Giratina were also unable to be met until then as well. So maybe the Demo only had access to the Alola Region dex and not the National Dex? While I do remember seeing numbers in the first part and over 800 Pokemon in the second, he never mentioned the national dex to the above 721 numbers, so it might just be similar to how certain shiny's are added to avoid... crashing I think?

The Ultra Beasts are stated to be important to the story, so that should mean you encounter them all before post-game, and them appearing on a non-national dex makes sense. The one Pokemon that does make the chances of this being slim is Marshadow since like most third members of a legendary trio you can't really encounter them until post-game, though if those small forms of Solgaleo and Lunala are sealed forms rather than pre-evolutions, then there is the chance we're not seeing Marshadow's true form yet. So there may still be a small chance that it's hidden within the national dex.

Status
Not open for further replies.