• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.
That guy on Twitter posted an interesting theory which could make sense... that the legendaries are a second evolution, not the first. First of all, the "baby forms" should be next to the legendaries, but they're next to themselves. Secondly, that violet/sun... thing looks like it could evolve into both Lunala and Solgaleo.
Interesting, I like the idea. The "middle" one looks sort of like a cocoon anyway, I can see it evolving/awakening into Lunala/Solgaleo.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
Interesting fact.It's said that toucan's beaks act as good thermoregulators.So,maybe Pikipek3 is a Grass/Flying?And stores the energy of the sun...or Fire/Flying?Or even,maybe,Fairy/Flying due to the whole rainbow aspect.

Or even Psychic/Flying?It could store its psychic energy in its beak and act like a second brain...or whatever.

Last edited:

eworm

Question - if what we have is from Team Preview, why do we have Mega Pokémon? It's not like they're gonna be Mega-Evolved before the battle even begins?

Sabre_King

During one of the other videos they mentioned possibly a new stone, possibly an ice stone to evolve alolan vulpix into alolan ninetales. What if this new possible ice stone isn't just used on ninetales. With crabrawler's evo being based on an yeti crab then there's a good chance that crabrawler's evo may turn into fighting/ice type and I could see it evolving with the same stone. Alolan sandshrew and sandlsahs may also take effect you never know with these alolan forms, but they would be more of a stretch. Just a prediction on the data mine based on all the videos.

Riproot

Slowking & Dusknoir
During one of the other videos they mentioned possibly a new stone, possibly an ice stone to evolve alolan vulpix into alolan ninetales. What if this new possible ice stone isn't just used on ninetales. With crabrawler's evo being based on an yeti crab then there's a good chance that crabrawler's evo may turn into fighting/ice type and I could see it evolving with the same stone. Alolan sandshrew and sandlsahs may also take effect you never know with these alolan forms, but they would be more of a stretch. Just a prediction on the data mine based on all the videos.
Hopefully that means Glaceon will use it too, and by extension Leafeon will evolve with the Leaf Stone, to fit in with his flar/jolt/vape cousins.

#wegetityouvaporeon

Sabre_King

Hopefully that means Glaceon will use it too, and by extension Leafeon will evolve with the Leaf Stone, to fit in with his flar/jolt/vape cousins.

#wegetityouvaporeon

I have been asking myself why they never did that in the first place. Don't get me wrong leafeon and glaceon's evolution method is unique, but back in gen 4 it was only possible in D/P/P not HGSS. Since then the icy rock and mossy rock has always been present in some way, but sometimes they aren't reachable until late in the game at least for glaceon that is.

Hauke_von_Arding

Here's a thought: is it possible the Alolan forms noted in the Chinese leaks that didn't show in the demo might be designs for a later game in the gen? Remember, not all the Gen 6 megas were in XY, so it's entirely possible we'll have to wait for Gen 7.5 until we get a Bug/Psychic Butterfree or Fighting Alakazam.

The chinese leaker got EVERYTHING wrong with Alolan forms. I wouldn't trust him there. He even said Ninetails is Fire/Fairy...
The problem is... how would AlolanAlakazam work with Mega-Alakazam?

Last edited:

GDK

The chinese leaker got EVERYTHING wrong with Alolan forms. I wouldn't trust him there. He even said Ninetails is Fire/Fairy...
The problem is... how would AlolanAlakazam work with Mega-Alakazam?

That wasn't the chinese one but yeah it got things wrong hardcore.

Rhea Yllavaris

I had an idea that maybe the leaked Dex is just for a specific island. I'm sure some Pokemon can make it to every island, but maybe that's the deal for the demo? I know it's false hope but one can dream!!

Either way, digging some of the new designs. I was never stuck on GenV, although I enjoyed the deep story and how every Pokemon pre-NatDex was new. I've been playing since Gold, and I found XY to be very easy and I'm looking for something a little bit off the beaten path!!

Graficcha

Team Magma Scientist
Has anyone had the sense yet to note that Alolan Dugtrio is a reference to naturally blonde Melanesian people? Give it a google, you'll see it's not just a joke 'mon.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Has anyone had the sense yet to note that Alolan Dugtrio is a reference to naturally blonde Melanesian people? Give it a google, you'll see it's not just a joke 'mon.

Yea some people have said that. It still feels like a joke though because it's for a pokemon that doesn't make sense at all to have hair. If they did it for lets say like the machop line that would make some more sense a least. They just put blonde drag wigs on dugtrio which is impossible to not laugh at.

Graficcha

Team Magma Scientist
Yea some people have said that. It still feels like a joke though because it's for a pokemon that doesn't make sense at all to have hair. If they did it for lets say like the machop line that would make some more sense a least. They just put blonde drag wigs on dugtrio which is impossible to not laugh at.

If you compare the imagery it stops looking so foolish I think, but you'd have to catch up on the reference first. Alolan Persian's just a design failure in my eyes, but at least knowing they're referencing those round plushy-faced cat breeds it makes it more understandable. They could've at least tweaked the rest of its proportions more so it stops looking like it got stung by fifty bees though...

I can only hope I'm missing something specific with the Geodude line too. No idea what they're doing there.

Some interesting details in part five.
Hyper Potion being nerfed I can understand, in many games you barely get to the point where you need to upgrade to Max Potions at all before the league. I don't get why they nerfed the vending machine drinks however, I thought the point of them were to have better healing items that can only be bought a few places, maybe Alola is filled with them? X-items and such being boosted is nice since they were kind of uselss, doubt I will use them anyway though.

I love the designs of the legendary flutes, they look kind of sacred. They have the same air as the bells from Johto in my opinion. There seemingly just being one fishing rod is rather odd, given how many aquatic pokémon there seems to be in Alola. I wonder if the wrestling mask will be used as a disguise at some point in the story, or if it is tied to some sidequest. I guess the book might be the adventure rulebook some reviewers have been referring to?

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
I can only hope I'm missing something specific with the Geodude line too. No idea what they're doing there.
The current theory is that the black spikes/hair are metal flakes formed into patterns like what can happen with magnets (seen in Probopass as well).

Galvantulaman

I did it! I came straight to the writing box at the bottom without spoiling :D
Please, I just want to know one bit of info. How many new pokemon are in the games. I was so dissapointed with only 76 in XY that anything above it will make me happy. Please PM me with the number please... is it over a 100??

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
I did it! I came straight to the writing box at the bottom without spoiling :D
Please, I just want to know one bit of info. How many new pokemon are in the games. I was so dissapointed with only 76 in XY that anything above it will make me happy. Please PM me with the number please... is it over a 100??
PMed him, just letting others know so he isn't potentially flooded with PMs.

Course if one includes alolan forms, the various Oricori forms, Lycanroc forms, etc. then we do indeed have over a 100 new pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.