• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
The more I look at the new Alola forms the more disappointed and disgusted with the waste of opportunity that they turned out to be. I thought this year was supposed to be a celebration of Gen 1 and its pokemon? This seems more like a deliberate ploy to make unpopular Gen 1 pokemon even more irrelevant and uglier than they were before (with the exception of persian, of course, who was a beautiful pokemon that they decided to beat with the ugly stick. Such a waste when you think we could have gotten an awesome black panther pokemon).

It is completely a subjective matter. What you find unpleasant in designs, could be in the contrary for the others. However, how exactly it is a wasted opportunity considering we have Ice/Fairy of original Fire Ninetales and Fire/Ghost of original Ground Marowak?

erebus

How did alolan forms make the original Sandslash, Marowak, Raichu, Ninetales and such uglier? I also wouldn't call the original Raichu, Marowak and Ninetales "unpopular" even though of them only Drought Ninetales was ever of much use in higher tiers competitively.

>Ninetales
>>Ugly.
Please get out of my sight.

It is completely a subjective matter. What you find unpleasant in designs, could be in the contrary for the others. However, how exactly it is a wasted opportunity considering we have Ice/Fairy of original Fire Ninetales and Fire/Ghost of original Ground Marowak?

THE NEW FORMS!!! AS IN THE ONES WE'VE JUST SEEN! lol

Alolan Ninetales and Raichu are definitely going on my Sun team. In fact, the quality of the officially revealed Alolan forms probably added to the disappointment with these new ones, considering that all the ones revealed before the demo was data-mined are absolutely beautiful.

Edit: ok, going back and re-reading the second part of my post I can see where people got the wrong end of the stick lol. I meant only the ones revealed from the demo data-mining.

Last edited:
Looking at the island dexes and the three new independent lines I think we can learn some valuable information.
The water spider is found in two island dexes and is for the most part surrounded by Grass and Normal pokémon, with the exception of being right next to Surskit. Like Surskit I believe this can indicate that it will be a pond skipper/diver that may be found on land. Doesn't look good for people hoping for it being Ice.
The crown-of-thorns/sea urchin is also found in two dexes and next to a bunch of different aquatic pokémon. I'm guessing coastline waters. No surprise here since the TCG image showed it underwater.
The anchor is the weirdest one in my opinion(aside from unfortunately being really late, since I like it a lot). It is found close to pokémon that I would say remind me of open/deep sea.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Considering the concept behind Alolan Meowth revolves around selective cat breeding, having Alolan Persian be a panther would make no sense anyway other than blatant fanservice.

I agree that Alolan forms are a missed opportunity but I at least like most of them. The only ones I don't like are Dugtrio, Grimer, and Raticate. The rest I either like or am neutral to.

Fiore1300

Whelp, it is looking a lot more likely that Turtonator and Drampa are exclusives. Kinda disappointing they didn't get pre-evolutions but I'm already getting over it. If Turtonator is a Sun Exclusive, as the once-questionable box art would suggest, then it looks like I can finally make a tentative choice and select Sun. I like both dragons but Turtonator has better typing for my planned team and I've already got a nickname picked out for him. Of course, I reserve the right to throw this out the window if Sandshrew turns out to be an exclusive alongside Vulpix.

*Sees Sandshrew and Vulpix right next to each other in the dex*

Well, crap.

LunalaLover

Hoping we could use the pre-legendaries, I really want to use baby-Lunala :)

Aetius

In the end I couldn't take it anymore and decided to look at all the new Pokèmon datamined...
But you know what? I don't regret one bit having done so! :D
After all, datamine or not (which has a total amount of 73 Pokèmon, exluding the UBs), 54 Pokèmon had already been revealed through the official announcements and certainly I won't cry for 19 Pokèmon that I could have discovered on my own. :)
Long story short, I'm actually happy to have discovered all of the New Pokèmon for this generation, even if there aren't too many of them!
It seems that I will have to give up on the idea of having more than 100 Pokèmon in the new generations....
Oh well, what can you do?
To conclude, I can finally plan my own team and start theorizing with all of you the typings of gen 7's Pokèmon!
Looking forward to it! :D

P.S: I think I fell in love with Wimpod's evo. LOL

LinksOcarina

The true master
That's what I mean, a Druddigon-like Dragon pokemon. That would be disappointing...

That is not necessarily a bad thing.

Druddigon is a complex Pokemon more so an underwhelming one. You need to really build it around a team to get it right, with good support and pivot moves in it's arsenal and raw power with a surprisingly diverse move pool for a dragon-type.

Drampa, to me, seems to be in the same vein, a sort of support/offensive pivot based on its description and little information we can go on.

It's more of a handheld that has a built in port and a docking system to be used as a home console. It seems to be handheld first then home console. Still though it looks awesome.

Playing Skyrim no less.

The HD edition of Skyrim.

On handheld...

I'm sold.

Last edited by a moderator:

knightwolf09

I would imagine that only some signature Z-moves would work like that. With all the generic ones being clones of Gigavolt Havoc just of different types.

[spoil] But we figured out there's only 11 Unique z-moves, and Eevee is the only support move. Plus if you take the 4 that we know, add the starters, then Legendaries, then potentially Psyduck, that only leaves one more and most of them are attacks. I'm sure there's more supportive ones in the generics. [/spoil]

Last edited:

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
The anchor is the weirdest one in my opinion(aside from unfortunately being really late, since I like it a lot). It is found close to pokémon that I would say remind me of open/deep sea.

I don't get it. Were you expecting to find an anchor in the middle of a volcano?

[spoil] But we figured out there's only 11 Unique z-moves, and Eevee is the only support move. Plus if you take the 4 that we know, add the starters, then Legendaries, then potentially Psyduck, that only leaves one more and most of them are attacks. I'm sure there's more supportive ones in the generics. [/spoil]

Moved your post since we don't allow spoilers in the other discussion threads, even with spoiler tags.
Anyway, I simply believe this is the hand we have been dealt.
I don't see why potential legendary and starter Z-moves can't be supportive.
I don't get it. Were you expecting to find an anchor in the middle of a volcano?
Nope. I kind of expected it to be a beach-based(driftwood) or something along those lines. It potentially just floating around in the middle of the sea among pokémon like Wailmer and Sharpedo sounds a bit weird, unless you get it via fishing(entirely possible, Relicanth is probably a fishing encounter too) or diving(unlikely without HMs)

Last edited:

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Anchor is the only one so far I just don't like at all...maybe also along with bewear. It reminds me too much of crygonal with basically not even having a face and is just too weird looking for me.

Graficcha

Team Magma Scientist
Looks like I'll have to wait most of the game to be able to catch a Jangmo-o. Gosh darnit really I wanted one right beside my starter for most of the game if I could, demo why do you taunt me so.

Looks like there's a bunch of interesting new ones on the second island at least.

XXD17

Draco rex
Moved your post since we don't allow spoilers in the other discussion threads, even with spoiler tags.
Anyway, I simply believe this is the hand we have been dealt.
I don't see why potential legendary and starter Z-moves can't be supportive.

Nope. I kind of expected it to be a beach-based(driftwood) or something along those lines. It potentially just floating around in the middle of the sea among pokémon like Wailmer and Sharpedo sounds a bit weird, unless you get it via fishing(entirely possible, Relicanth is probably a fishing encounter too) or diving(extremely unlikely without HMs)

I assumed we would get it by diving...have all the pokeride 'mons been revealed? Maybe we can dive with lanturn or something...

I assumed we would get it by diving...have all the pokeride 'mons been revealed? Maybe we can dive with lanturn or something...

Judging by text data it seems like there are 7 PokéRide options. We have 6 known so far(Tauros, Mudsdale, Stoutland, Lapras, Sharpedo and Charizard), so I guess it's possible that the last one is a dive equivalent. That would be really cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.