• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

2dtyplosion

Going for broke, do you guys think that this datamined has showed us everything in the game?

Like you think there is a chance (however tiny it may be) that this demo was scrubbed to miss a few things here and there
Like do you think it's at all possible we will see new Mega Evolutions in the final game because they decided to scrub those at least?

I just really don't want to believe they introduced Mega Evolutions just to drop it. I almost refuse to believe they could do that... right?

Its looking like that is the full Dex. Megas were just banned from competitive and Masuda said they were trying to balance the game with z moves. They wont get rid of them but probably wont be focusing on them or adding new ones for awhile.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
I just really don't want to believe they introduced Mega Evolutions just to drop it. I almost refuse to believe they could do that... right?
Not adding new ones for one game or even one gen is not the same as "dropping it." They simply wanted to put focus on Z moves.

Ver-mont

Going for broke, do you guys think that this datamined has showed us everything in the game?

Like you think there is a chance (however tiny it may be) that this demo was scrubbed to miss a few things here and there
Like do you think it's at all possible we will see new Mega Evolutions in the final game because they decided to scrub those at least?

Considering you can't even use them before post-game, I wouldn't expect new ones.

Even the only trailer that showed them said "relive Mega Evolutions", which sounds to me much more like "you can use the ones you already have again and remember the old times" than "there's new stuff about this for you to try".

Not adding new ones for one game or even one gen is not the same as "dropping it." They simply wanted to put focus on Z moves.

Then they're "dropping it".

At least for the time being.

Last edited:

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan

On the other hand I would say this is the complete Pokedex because GameFreak went to such a great length to hide it from us, and the information that was discovered indicates that they made a mistake and forgot to clean some things that they should have. In order for new Pokemon to exist that weren't found in the demo, one of two things would have had to happen. Either a), they cleaned some sprites from Team Preview and the Shiny Dex but forgot to clean out others (and a good number of them too), or b), they intentionally left in what we found while cleaning everything else. Neither one seems very likely to me.

Since Mega Evolutions have Pokedex sprites the same applies to them.

Megas were just banned from competitive and Masuda said they were trying to balance the game with z moves.

No they weren't. Certain Megas were banned from certain tiers if they were deemed unhealthy for that tier, same as any other Pokemon. They got no special treatment whatsoever. There was no blanket ban on Megas in any tier, although the lower tiers have a notable lack of Megas simply because even the worst Megas are unhealthy and overcentralizing for those environments.

Last edited:

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
This may or may not have already been asked, but is it possible to find out the typings of the new Pokémon at this point? Does the data in the demo include that info? There doesn't seem to be anything released about them yet, so just wondering.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
This may or may not have already been asked, but is it possible to find out the typings of the new Pokémon at this point? Does the data in the demo include that info? There doesn't seem to be anything released about them yet, so just wondering.

Unfortunately no. Typing, stats, abilities, etc. were among the things that were scrubbed. As far as I know we only got models.

Graficcha

Team Magma Scientist
From the BST it looks like the Jangmo-o line is going to be majoring in Def, with a minor in Atk. Hmm.

I really hope that's not going to be a problem in its third evo and they didn't make its signature move a special attack.

If it is a pseudo, it'd be the first with Defense as its heaviest stat

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pseudo-legendary_Pokémon

A more sturdy Tyranitar, even if it looks squishier? Considering most fairy moves are special (I think) that's not ideal. Could be interesting overall though, I'm definitely getting one of them little wigglers.

Last edited:

KillerDraco

No they weren't. Certain Megas were banned from certain tiers if they were deemed unhealthy for that tier, same as any other Pokemon. They got no special treatment whatsoever. There was no blanket ban on Megas in any tier, although the lower tiers have a notable lack of Megas simply because even the worst Megas are unhealthy and overcentralizing for those environments.

...I believe that's a reference to VGC 2017, where Megas are not allowed.

That said, that would be a gross overstatement, because I can all but assure you that you'll be seeing Mega Evolutions in VGC 2018 and 2019. The first VGC of a generation pretty much always makes it "Local Dex only" in an effort to promote new strategies and emphasize what's new in a generation, and making it so Mega Evolutions aren't allowed in VGC 2017 emphasizes the new stuff, such as Z-moves, the new 'Mons, etc. That said... the following years of VGC always tend to become less and less restrictive, as I'm sure many of you noticed from VGC 2016. So the idea that just because Mega Evolutions are not allowed in VGC 2017 means they're done forever may be extrapolating a bit.

At the very least, we definitely can't rule out Mega Evolutions in the future from a Data Mine and a trailer.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
At the very least, we definitely can't rule out Mega Evolutions in the future from a Data Mine and a trailer.

In the future maybe, but in Sun and Moon I would say that yes, we can rule out new Mega Evolutions with a reasonable degree of certainty.

Yce288

Grass type FTW
Here's the info for the events from the data we got:
event 1:If you come see me tomorrow, I’ll give you something good.
Not today, not the day after tomorrow. It’s gotta be tomorrow—got it?
You came! Thanks! Here’s the good stuff I promised you!
It passes by so slowly, but time really is important, isn’t it?
In Hau’oli City, there’s somebody you’ll probably want to go see in a few days...

event 2:I’m meeting up with a guy who helped me out when I sprained my ankle the other day. I’m meeting him in—how many days was it? Oh yeah, [VAR NUM2(0000)]!
I’ve been looking forward to it so much that I showed up way too early!
That guy is so strong, so cool—and the nicest you’ve ever seen!
If you’re here when he shows up, I’ll show him off to you.
I’m meeting up with the guy who helped me out when I sprained my ankle the other day right now!
Champ!
Ooh! Good to see you again! See, isn’t he great?
Cham-champ!
Thanks for letting me show him off to you. See you around!
It was so fun hanging out at the beach!

event 3:
Guess how many days until my sweet li’l Pikachu’s birthday? Just [VAR NUM2(0000)]!
Pikachu!
I wonder if someone will help me celebrate.
Believe it or not, today is my sweet li’l Pikachu’s birthday!
Chu!
Would you help me celebrate?
Too bad...
Oh! I’m so happy! Happy birthday, my sweet li’l Pikachu!
Pikachu-chu!
Thanks for helping us celebrate! Let me share some of the fun with you.
We’ve both gotten another year older, my sweet li’l Pikachu.
Pika-pika-pika!

event 4:
According to my informants, there’s a shady deal going down right here in a matter of days—[VAR NUM2(0000)], to be exact.
I wonder if I’ll be able to handle it by myself...
You! I’ve been waiting for you!
According to my informants, there’s a shady deal going down right here today.
I was worried all by myself, but if you’re here with me, we might be able to stop this deal from going down!
Shh! Someone’s coming!
You haven’t been followed, have you?
Hah hah hah... Hurry up and give me the stuff!
Oh...
gulp Just what kind of a shady deal is this...
Slo?
Slo-slow?
Whoa! Some people will pay a high price for Slowpoke Tails, and I’ve heard about them being peddled around here!
I guess they’re trying to sell Slowpoke Tails on the black market...
Ooh, your Slowpoke’s tail...
It’s so cute and tender looking! I just love it!
Ha ha ha... Your Slowpoke is also super-duper cute.
Poke?
Oooohhh, it’s just too cute!
Well, that certainly was shady in its own special way...
There’s a lot going on in the world that I don’t need to know about...

event 5:
I have to sail away on a ship in [VAR NUM2(0000)] day[VAR NUMBRNCH(0000,0100)]s.
I’m afraid of boats, though, so I’m a bit nervous. I hope you’ll come see me off on my journey.
Sure!
I don’t know...
I’m so happy! It’s a promise—see you here in [VAR NUM2(0000)] day[VAR NUMBRNCH(0000,0100)]s!
Oh, I see... I get it...
I have to sail away on a ship today.
I’m afraid of boats, though, so I’m a bit nervous. I hope you’ll see me off on my journey.
Of course!
Ummm...
I see... Too bad...
I’m so happy! Thank you!
I’m scared... But since you’re here, I think I can do it!
Let me give you something to show you how thankful I am.
At last I can see my mom and dad again!
Good-bye...

but i couldnt see what are the rewards.

KillerDraco

In the future maybe, but in Sun and Moon I would say that yes, we can rule out new Mega Evolutions with a reasonable degree of certainty.

Hence in the future. I mean, as far as new Pokemon/Forms/etc. in Sun and Moon we pretty much know what we're getting at this point since despite scrubbing the data, they didn't exactly do it well enough.

And the only thing I know with full certainty is that I MUST HAVE WIMPOD'S EVOLUTION

REMARCABLE

Unfortunately no. Typing, stats, abilities, etc. were among the things that were scrubbed. As far as I know we only got models.

What are the chances they remembered to scrub the new Mega models?

C'mon, please Masuda don't make features just to drop continuing them ;.;

REMARCABLE

Considering you can't even use them before post-game, I wouldn't expect new ones.

Even the only trailer that showed them said "relive Mega Evolutions", which sounds to me much more like "you can use the ones you already have again and remember the old times" than "there's new stuff about this for you to try".

Then they're "dropping it".

At least for the time being.

Exactly I mean it's like REMEMBER THAT HUGE GAME CHANGE WE MADE BY ADDING A TEMPORARY EVOLUTION TO SOME POKEMON? Yeah, turns out we aren't doing that anymore.

I mean for some Pokemon it gave them a 4th evolution, others took them from the lowest of the low and made them fly to new heights.

I thought they would continue what made X and Y so huge for Pokemon battling.

It's like if they introduced abilities in gen 3 but in gen 4 decided not to give abilities to Pokemon from there on out

Bus

Since both 'Beauty' and 'Absorption' share the same Ultra Beast designation (UB-02), do we know what the others are? Are they shared as well or were they labeled as different numbers within that datamine?

REMARCABLE

From the BST it looks like the Jangmo-o line is going to be majoring in Def, with a minor in Atk. Hmm.

I really hope that's not going to be a problem in its third evo and they didn't make its signature move a special attack.

If it is a pseudo, it'd be the first with Defense as its heaviest stat

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pseudo-legendary_Pokémon

A more sturdy Tyranitar, even if it looks squishier? Considering most fairy moves are special (I think) that's not ideal. Could be interesting overall though, I'm definitely getting one of them little wigglers.

With a typing such as Dragon/Fighting I don't even think a sky high SpD or Defense stat will save it from Fairy moves of any kind...

thundabolt26

I'm praying Litten's final evolution isn't Fire/Fighting. They finally broke that streak with Delphox. I'm hoping it's Fire/Dark.

Bus

With a typing such as Dragon/Fighting I don't even think a sky high SpD or Defense stat will save it from Fairy moves of any kind...

Maybe not, but the ability 'Bulletproof' should save it from one of the strongest (and common) fairy moves, Moonblast, shouldn't it? Not to mention a pretty fair amount of other moves it gains an immunity to.

Status
Not open for further replies.