• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

LunalaLover

I can't wait to complete all of the events, then I'm gonna transfer Ash-Greninja and all the items I get to either Sun or Moon. (Fingers crossed I can get Magnemite and Pikachu on both versions, and that they are not Sun or Moon Exclusives.)

The day Pikachu will be a version exclusive is the day I die

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Looking at Rockruff stats. They look surprisingly go for what it. Huge potential to be a good sweeper. Hopefully that defense builds up for Midnight Lycanroc.

Midday being a sweeper would probably do it more favors in the long run, it will hate priority, but Rock type is still a good attacking type and it should still benefit from playing into that as a glass cannon if it can hit hard and fast.

I'm still hoping Midnight gets something to additionally up its bulk since Rock typing doesn't do much for that with its common weaknesses.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Now that HMs are a thing of the past, I'm curious to know if we'll still be able to use the moves as if they were still HMs. Mostly Fly. I don't want to have to manually fly to cities using the PokeRide (if that's how it works) like we could do in ORAS with Soaring when I'd much rather just select where I want to go and have the game take me there instantly.

As for the TMs, I'm glad that all of the ones I wanted to have are all still there. I was worried I'd have to transfer Pokemon through from ORAS for those moves so that takes a lot off my mind. I'm surprised they're removing Dig but keeping moves like Quash when Dig has been TM28 since RBY. Does anyone ever use Quash? At least Dig had its uses. A bit annoyed that Power-Up Punch is going but at least it means that Mega Kangaskhan will be a lot less common now. Also disappointed that Hone Claws is going for Work Up. Guess I need to hope that Lycanroc (Midnight) can learn it some other way.

BCVM22

It's been confirmed that Flying on the PokéRide Charizard is not like Soaring, and is a straight point-to-point warp system like Fly.

LinksOcarina

The true master
She seems to prefer the pretty/cute ones, I'd guess.

Marowak was my favorite, but I wouldn't exactly call it either.

It's honestly the only one I think that looks good to begin with.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
It's been confirmed that Flying on the PokéRide Charizard is not like Soaring, and is a straight point-to-point warp system like Fly.

Which explains why we've never seen any soaring footage.

Quite disappointing, really. Hopefully, there is still a soaring feature in the game.

BCVM22

Hopefully, there is still a soaring feature in the game.

There isn't, via the same confirmation.

And that's perfectly sensible. Hoenn was one large land mass. Alola is four islands of indeterminate size separated by indeterminate distances. Different beasts entirely.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
There isn't, via the same confirmation.

And that's perfectly sensible. Hoenn was one large land mass. Alola is four islands of indeterminate size separated by indeterminate distances. Different beasts entirely.

Whether or not it's 'sensible' is pretty subjective.

We can only assume the actual size of Alola as a whole, and we don't know how big or small the region's landmass is compared to Hoenn or any other region. In any case, Soaring was not implemented out of sensibility, but out of the experience, as well as preferential convenience.

erebus

All the people talking about minior has got me wondering: is it region exclusive like vivillon in XY? I really hope so as I liked having to search them out, it made obtaining them a real challenge. Though there doesn't seem to be enough minior colors to be able to do that again... maybe your minior color depends on what language you picked to play the game?

Either way I'm looking forward to having a full minior collection to display in a PC box along with my vivillon collection :D

Julia Artemis

I would of like soaring as well, but we've had just fly for 99% of the games so it's not a big deal. I'm just wondering what the last Poke ride feature will be I'm guessing something like strength since we haven't seen a pokemon quite use that yet but I'm not sure which one it could be. Maybe Machamp since we've seen them all over the place in the demo but that would look awkward. Maybe Donphan or Rhyhorn?

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
I'm dissapointed that we have, yet again, ANOTHER ensemble of Pikachus. Not only did we get a Pikaclone, we got a mimic of Pikachu, another version of Raichu and EIGHT freaking versions of Pukachu with hats. This is on top of the formes from ORAS, the notch-eared Pichu, the shiny Pichus, surfing and flying Pikachus, and all the rodents that remind us of Pikachu, Pichu, Raichu, Chu, Chu-Chu, and Omega ****ing CHU! We get it; Pikachu's your bread and butter Game Freak. Lets go back to Gen III standards and let the damn thing lay low, just for a little while. I don't think we'll ever lose it as an icon, but to keep trying to re-capture lightning (literally) in a bottle is more tiring than all of the monkey, dog and cat Pokémon combined.

erebus

I'm dissapointed that we have, yet again, ANOTHER ensemble of Pikachus. Not only did we get a Pikaclone, we got a mimic of Pikachu, another version of Raichu and EIGHT freaking versions of Pukachu with hats. This is on top of the formes from ORAS, the notch-eared Pichu, the shiny Pichus, surfing and flying Pikachus, and all the rodents that remind us of Pikachu, Pichu, Raichu, Chu, Chu-Chu, and Omega ****ing CHU! We get it; Pikachu's your bread and butter Game Freak. Lets go back to Gen III standards and let the damn thing lay low, just for a little while. I don't think we'll ever lose it as an icon, but to keep trying to re-capture lightning (literally) in a bottle is more tiring than all of the monkey, dog and cat Pokémon combined.

I don't really mind all the pikachu clones/gimmicks, the only thing I wish they'd do differently - evolve the damn things into something powerful!!! Why is pikachu the only one that gets to evolve?

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
The popularity of Mimikkyu suggests they still know what they're doing when it comes to marketing Pikachu lookalikes.

And since when does extra stuff for Raichu = Pikachu pandering? I thought most people were pleased it got some special attention for a change.

A regional pikaclone like Togedemaru is inevitable, but I do wish they would do more with them to break free from Pikachu's shadow. As for Mimikyu it's actually one of the more fleshed out pokémon this generation in my opinion.
I think Alolan Raichu is so-so, but I'm just glad they actually acknowledged Raichu since GF has been ignoring it since forever.
I don't like the Ash-Pikachu variations though. Although that's mainly because Ash existing together with the games makes no sense to me. Same problem I have with Ash-Greninja(who I could have been alright with despite it looking a lot like Ash if not for it literally being called Ash-Greninja).

WolfCypher

If the Pikacarnage is your bane, the never-ending CAT Pokémon are mine...

EDIT: YES, I know Litten will be on my Moon team, only because it was either choose between another Catmon #243 or a diva pop star seal I have even less interest in.

I don't really mind all the pikachu clones/gimmicks, the only thing I wish they'd do differently - evolve the damn things into something powerful!!! Why is pikachu the only one that gets to evolve?

OR AT LEAST let them all be compatible with Light Ball, like how all the Jibanyan clones in Yo-Kai Watch can all share the Jibanyan Bell items.

Last edited:
I'm happy with everything I've seen so far. Seems there are a lot of people upset...

I'm only upset with the amount of Pokemon with no evolution lines. Komala, Minior, Comfey etc. could easily get evos yet for some reason they decided to not give them any. Maybe it's just me, but I'm all for Pokemon having evos or pre-evos if needed.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
So, I though I'd cover all the relevant leaks, and how they relate back to the datamine.

Starter Art Leak: ALL REAL

- Yep, to all the Mallow deniers out there, there's no denying it now.

Chinese Leak: MOSTLY REAL

- As has been discussed, no snowman or dolphin. Crabyeti and Tapu Fishy are debatable, I suppose, but I think it's a stretch.
- "Logo diamonds" (Z-Crystals) causing transformations...we don't know. All we have are the Pokemon Center images, so in-battle forms are still unrevealed. (hence why we haven't seen the Slgaleo and Lunaala Phases).
- Marshadow has a unique Type Combo and Poppliovely is Water/Fairy: Again, we don't know yet, but it seems rather plausible (Ghost/Normal, please!)

"Real Leaks" Leak: Ehhhh

- None of the Alola Forms line up. Sorry Arcamarine fans, not gonna happen :|
- 2 Stage Ice/Ghost snowman and 2 Stage Breeding Cat are a no go.
- Transferred VC Mons have old Types/Stats...another uncertainly.

Status
Not open for further replies.